The Next Manager?

37 minutes ago, Superblue said:

The biggest issue above everything was adding so many players to the squad in the January window and not moving players out but I do think with that, we need to see how we fair next season. It's clear that the summer will see us move a lot of players out of the club and streamline this squad which immediately should improve the situation with regards to stability, morale, etc. 

The method to the madness may well be on the basis that they were able to bring players in on long contracts before the rule changes. I think a player such as Madueke could have waited to the summer, but I do think some of the activity was pushed by the changes coming in and it has left us with a bloated, unsettled squad but until we see how some of these players develop over the next season or two, we're not going to know whether these short term issues are worth it for the longer term gain of getting some top, young players into the club and locking them down on long term contracts.

Like you alluded to, whilst the owners are businessmen, this isn't a situation like the Glazers or Kroenke or Joe Lewis where there's no passion to actually support and follow the club, which I do think will bode well for the longer term future. If anything they're probably too keen at present, and the whole situation needs calming down which hopefully it can by getting this season out of the way and settling the whole dynamic down in the summer. 

Lessons need to be learnt quickly though as we cannot afford another season similar to this one.

Other than Badiashile (when he was given an actual run in the side with Potter) and Enzo.....we didn't need any other players in January. 

Felix will go down as a flop (no wonder why United/Arsenal didn't agree to pay 15+ million for a 5 month loan), Mudryk has looked out of sorts and Madueke can barely get a seat on the bench....so much for "100 million worth of attacking talent".  

I also question why Lampard was brought to the club for like 8 to 10 games, is this like a farewell tour for him?     Might as well have kept Potter till end of the season and negotiated a lower payout based on performance.

I can only imagine what Arsenal, City and United are going to do to us....will be very surprised if it's not 10-0 aggregate against us after those 3 games. 

3 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

Doesn't really matter, does it? Unless we somehow manage to get relegated, it makes no difference whatsoever who coaches us till the end of the season. It's probably cheaper anyway than firing him and hiring yet another coach for a few games.

22 hours ago, Vegetable said:

Wait, wasn't Poch available when Tuchel was sacked? All this shithousery, Potter, not sacking Potter due to no suitable replacement and now 47 rounds of talks with everyone including my drunk uncle to do what was perfectly possible to do in the begining?

yes he was

Edited by Vesper

Why on earth are we not appointing a new manager now so he has the most time to get to know the squad against premiership teams? Sell the right players and blood our new costly players?

I think the season's written off no matter what the future results are. I believe the fans want to see the 'kids' show off their skill without fear and pressure from the stands. If communicated to the fans correctly they will be ok with it. It cant get any worse as it is now playing players who know they wont be here next season? Importantly the manager will have more time to assess against premiership quality opposition and not just Wrexham?