Chelsea 0-0 Liverpool

James

1 minute ago, We Hate Scouse said:

Thought overall we played really well, let down by Havertz again unfortunately.

Fofana my man of the match, thought he was absolutely brilliant today, showed why we paid what we did for him.

Special mentions to Enzo and James.

Also thought Koulibaly put a very solid defensive performance in, however, let down by his ball playing abilities.

With Fofana, James, Chilwell, Kante if he resigns, Enzo and assuming we're not stupid enough to sell him Colwill is a genuine elite foundation to build on.

3 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

I'm only worried about the positives at this point: superb performances from Fofana, Enzo, and Fofana.

Yep, all 3 were superb. Koulibaly and Kova were excellent overall as well. 

This is why I’m VERY confident that with a proper manager and just 2-3 key signings this summer we’ll be just fine. We aren’t that far away from being a great team. We just desperately need a reliable goal scorer. More than any side in Europe we need a bloody striker.

2 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

We created enough chances under Potter. Chelsea is leading the table of xG to actual goals difference. We had an xG of 2.5 against Villa, scored 0. Just like today. We wont win shit with this players up front. 

I've been watching a different team playing then because the in blue on my telly plays like shit.

Not to mention that last time I remember Potter lost a lot of games including Villa, again, as far as I remember you need to concede goals to lose matches.

Potter is fucking gone and back to his level. Wanna bet when he's going to manage a top team again? I can put my money where my mouth is.

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

This is why I’m VERY confident that with a proper manager and just 2-3 key signings this summer we’ll be just fine. We aren’t that far away from being a great team. We just desperately need a reliable goal scorer. More than any side in Europe we need a bloody striker.

How long have we been crying out for a CF, though?

I can only hope we'll finally strike gold this summer with the help of those who actually understand football making such decisions this time around.

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

What's even more crucial is we don't panic and wait if we can't find a suitable one, from what I've seen Nkunku will be more than good enough if need be.

Signing another Lukaku or worse giving the guy himself another chance will just be another huge step back.

4 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

I've been watching a different team playing then because the in blue on my telly plays like shit.

Not to mention that last time I remember Potter lost a lot of games including Villa, again, as far as I remember you need to concede goals to lose matches.

Potter is fucking gone and back to his level. Wanna bet when he's going to manage a top team again? I can put my money where my mouth is.

And wanna bet that we will struggle to get into Top4 with the offensive players we have rn no matter who the manager is?

People talk about wanting Osimhen and I think he’d be great, but what would truly make this team world class is a Luis Suarez or Aguero type. A striker who is a wonderful footballer in tight spaces who can score from any angle with any sort of unorthodox finish. We get Havertz and Felix into SO MANY dangerous positions right around the box but fluff our lines.

Nkunku should thrive in these situations but if we also had a natural striker we’d score so many damn goals. Julian Alvarez would’ve been fantastic in the role but he just re-upped with City.

Can’t really think of the ideal player off the top of my head. 

Chelsea have 38 points and have scored 29 goals in their 29 Premier League fixtures this season.

It is their lowest points tally at this stage of a league campaign since 1994-95 (37) and their lowest goals tally at this stage of a top flight season since 1978-79 (29)

Wooooooo

3 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Chelsea have 38 points and have scored 29 goals in their 29 Premier League fixtures this season.

It is their lowest points tally at this stage of a league campaign since 1994-95 (37) and their lowest goals tally at this stage of a top flight season since 1978-79 (29)

Wooooooo

We need Flo back or Eidur and Jimmy 👌

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

People talk about wanting Osimhen and I think he’d be great, but what would truly make this team world class is a Luis Suarez or Aguero type. A striker who is a wonderful footballer in tight spaces who can score from any angle with and sort of unorthodox finish. We get Havertz and Felix into SO MANY dangerous positions right around the box but fluff our lines.

Nkunku should thrive in these situations but if we also had a natural striker we’d score so many damn goals. Julian Alvarez would’ve been fantastic in the role but he just re-upped with City.

Can’t really think of the ideal player off the top of my head. 

We need the closest thing to a cert this time around. Buying a CF in a similar mould to the ones you've mentioned would be a massive risk, whether they'd actually be able to deal with the physical nature to start.

Gnonto is one name (among many) that has been linked with us. He has shown flash, but we really couldn't put our future in the hands of a 19-year-old that wasn't deemed worthy at Inter.

15 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

And wanna bet that we will struggle to get into Top4 with the offensive players we have rn no matter who the manager is?

Orthogonal point. I never claimed these attackers were good enough. In fact I was one of the few who hated the attacking signings esp the "agent deal" Auba.

However, a top manager should be able to connect with this group and play competitively. Then we need to find better options up front.

Chelsea play slow football. It may get a bit better with Kante back, but this is not way to be competitive at this level.

Regarding someone who said play Auba... he won't even get into positions to score anymore.

Edited by robsblubot

Is it nkuku really good in thight spaces? And also support with excellent composure, good on shielding the ball and great football IQ?

Because that aspect what makes aguero really thriving, beside his superb technique, instinct and great finishing

Edited by dimmas

5 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Orthogonal point. I never claimed these attackers were good enough. In fact I was one of the few who hated the attacking signings esp the "agent deal" Auba.

However, a top manager should be able to connect with this group and play competitively. Then we need to find better options up front.

Chelsea play slow football. It may get a bit better with Kante back, but this is not way to be competitive at this level.

Regarding someone who said play Auba... he won't even get into positions to score anymore.

We arent even playing that badly recently. At least we are creating chances. In the last 5 games, the average xG was 1.99. In comparison: only City and Arsenal have a higher xG value throughout the season. We are creating, but we arent scoring.