Chelsea 0-0 Fulham

ZAPHOD2319

6 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

3 Premier League games in a row without conceding goal, at least we are looking stable on the back as Badiashile arrived. 

And as part of a genius move - We have dropped Badiashile from the CL squad.

I would ALWAYS sacrifice an attacking player for a healthy defense. The one thing Potter has got working right and he gets rid of it, first chance. Genius.

6 hours ago, Pizy said:

If we get nice offers in the summer for all 3 of Mount, Havertz, and Gallagher all 3 should go. Buy Félix permanently to play in that area behind the striker and buy a DM to play next to Enzo.

You might be adding our new signings to that list as well in some time if we continue playing this turgid football.

Yes Tuchel was playing some turgid football towards the end, but Potter seems to be making it worse. There was nothing to note about our play in that game. Just nothing.

Wont lie people saying about 2 weeks before next game coming up. Its not gonna make a difference, we have literally got no cohesion or patterns of play that are noticeable and we don’t press. At all. Funnily enough I get theres a lot of new players but there isn’t any noticeable improvements from Tuchel at the season start to Potter. 

Dortmund gonna be a very tough game - wouldn’t be surprised if Boehly & co are looking elsewhere come the summer for a coach. Lot of reports we are keeping an eye on the Austrian guy at Eintracht Frankfurt…

Edited by OneMoSalah

What is it with the state of our pitch?

What is it 4 weeks without a game at the Bridge?

And it's in an awful state, I can't believe how bad it is.

Reminds me of the sandpit we had against Charlton, them years ago.

Jimi Floyd scored against us at the MH end and apologised, I was there, thanks Jimbo😍

Love Badiashile

Edited by bigbluewillie

5 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

You are right. K2 is useless, no idea why we did not deregister him like we did with Ziyech.

But it's just 2 more games, so does not really matter

Think we can still do a serious push. 2021 team managed to win despite an ineffective attack - Need the defence sorted to stay in the big CL games to have a hope of winning. Badiashile should have been registered over Felix imo. I don't know if its an ego call - Felix is the higher profile player. But Badiashile made more sense for the squad because K2 is shot

9 hours ago, Vesper said:

not really

KK

Wes Fofana (subject to change)

CuCu

Malang Sarr

Bakayoko

Emerson

Baba

Drinkwater

Zappacosta

Papy Djilobodji

No, you lose:

KK - tend to agree
Wes Fofana (subject to change) - ?
CuCu - agree 
Malang Sarr - backup player, unimportant
Bakayoko - agree
Emerson - backup player, unimportant
Baba - backup player, unimportant
Drinkwater - backup player, unimportant
Zappacosta - he was a second choice attacker under Sarri
Papy Djilobodji - backup player, unimportant

Attackers that cost a fortune / made transfer headlines in recent years (>= 2015) and did n't really perform:

Oscar
Morata
Timo
Kai
Pulisic
Ziyech
Lukaku

and Abraham from the youth squad.

The likes of Remy-Bats-Demba Ba-Falcao-Pato-Aube I don't count.

But the same story is true for other teams as well.

Edited by cosmicway

Just now, cosmicway said:

No, you lose:

KK - tend to agree
Wes Fofana (subject to change) - ?
CuCu - agree 
Malang Sarr - backup player, unimportant
Bakayoko - agree
Emerson - backup player, unimportant
Baba - backup player, unimportant
Drinkwater - backup player, unimportant
Zappacosta - he was a second choice attacker under Sarri
Papy Djilobodji - backup player, unimportant

Attackers that cost a fortune / made transfer headlines in recent years (>= 2015) and did n't really perform:

Oscar
Morata
Timo
Kai
Pulisic
Ziyech
Lukaku

and Abraham from the youth squad.

The likes of Remy-Bats-Demba Ba-Falcao-Pato-Aube I don't count.

But the same story is true for other teams as well.

No I don't 'lose', lol.  Other than Papy, none of those, save for maybe Sarr was purchased to be a backup. They ended up there because they were SHIT.

Case closed.

Also, there was no need to list offensive busts, as I never challenged that part of the framing at all.

7 minutes ago, Vesper said:

No I don't 'lose', lol.  Other than Papy, none of those, save for maybe Sarr was purchased to be a backup. They ended up there because they were SHIT.

Case closed.

Also, there was no need to list offensive busts, as I never challenged that part of the framing at all.

What is an offensive bust ?
Cheapies don't count.
Agreed that some of the world's superstars were cheapy transfers at first, but the cheapies don't count.
I have a real case and it needs an explanation.

enzo looks like the real deal. we should build around him

wonderful player, good under pressure, good in progressive passes, good in shot from distance.

yesterday we played quite well, if we only had a real striker....

7 hours ago, Bumtrubbler said:

frustrating game to watch. 1st & obvious question is why haven't we bought an actual striker out of all that spending. 

my own answer would be they must have a target in mind for the summer who isn't available now?? 

i thought the new signings did fine & Enzo hardly put a foot wrong in his 1st look at the Premier league. 

bonus of the evening was Reese got 90 mins & didn't look under pressure & Chillwell got a run out. 

those 2 back fit would be our best 2 sightings of the season. 

yes we looked all over the place but the future is looking a lot better than a month ago.... come on you Blue! 

damn that profile pic is savage, it had me 🤣

We have scored only 22 goals so far and only some of the strugglers are doing worse.
We have conceded 21 and only the top trio Arsenal-City-Newcastle are better defensively.
So you can see where the big problem is.
Tuchel had the same problem, probably did not anticipate and probably did n't have time to look into it as he left the team early in the season but Potter has proved himself useless time and again.

Mount and Gallagher can puff and pant all they want they won't sell me playing like that, absolute horse shit again. Mount clapping at the end doesn't win browny points from me, needs to start playing football instead of ambling around and offer fuck all.

Ziyech and Havertz absolutely woeful again, it felt as if starting Ziyech was an apology from the club-He's a one trick pony and him and Havertz need to be gone to the quickest bidders.

Overall a lame and timid performance again with only a select few positives.

1 hour ago, cosmicway said:

We have scored only 22 goals so far and only some of the strugglers are doing worse.
We have conceded 21 and only the top trio Arsenal-City-Newcastle are better defensively.
So you can see where the big problem is.
Tuchel had the same problem, probably did not anticipate and probably did n't have time to look into it as he left the team early in the season but Potter has proved himself useless time and again.

tuchel ruined us buying lukaku.

with that money we could have bought haaland. Potter is not a problem, we lack a striker

3 minutes ago, Antonio8 said:

tuchel ruined us buying lukaku.

with that money we could have bought haaland. Potter is not a problem, we lack a striker

let's face it. whether we had the money or not Haaland was not coming here. The club tried its best in 2021 and he didn't budge