Chelsea 0-0 Fulham

ZAPHOD2319

Just now, Antonio8 said:

tuchel ruined us buying lukaku.

with that money we could have bought haaland. Potter is not a problem, we lack a striker

Look Roman tried for Haaland but Dortmund wanted to keep him for one more season.
Then as the money was spent on Lukaku we did n't return. In fact Haaland agreed with City sometime in Ocober 2021.
About Lukaku there were three names in the market in the summer of 2021:
Lew-Kane-Lukaku (and Haaland whom I already mentioned but it was rejected).
Lew was 32, then Bayern decided to keep him and they gave him to Barcelona in 2022.
So what do we do ?
You may argue in favour of Kane but some others here maintain it was impossible.
I have posted something about strikers a few posts back and it seems to be the most difficult of areas for the scouts.

4 minutes ago, Strike said:

let's face it. whether we had the money or not Haaland was not coming here. The club tried its best in 2021 and he didn't budge

Haaland himself was neutral about it - a diplomat.
It was Borussia who did n't budge.

11 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

Look Roman tried for Haaland but Dortmund wanted to keep him for one more season.
Then as the money was spent on Lukaku we did n't return. In fact Haaland agreed with City sometime in Ocober 2021.
About Lukaku there were three names in the market in the summer of 2021:
Lew-Kane-Lukaku (and Haaland whom I already mentioned but it was rejected).
Lew was 32, then Bayern decided to keep him and they gave him to Barcelona in 2022.
So what do we do ?
You may argue in favour of Kane but some others here maintain it was impossible.
I have posted something about strikers a few posts back and it seems to be the most difficult of areas for the scouts.

kane was more than possible, he wanted to leave. we could have a bet with vlahovic. we could do an agreement with dortmund for haaland like city did.

we could do anything but did the wrong deal, and I'm sorry but it's on tuchel

25 minutes ago, Antonio8 said:

tuchel ruined us buying lukaku.

with that money we could have bought haaland. Potter is not a problem, we lack a striker

Where does people get the idea that "Tuchel bought Lukaku" from?

I can imagine TT made some ultimatum that we need an elite striker asap. Board failed at everyone else, so they got RL last minute and if one would squint their eyes a bit, it would even sound like a potentially good idea. Is Tuchel an idiot and he was demanding him for weeks, because all he needed was someone who would blow his tactical system up from the start and couldn't be more of a unfit player for it? Doubt it. 

13 minutes ago, Antonio8 said:

kane was more than possible, he wanted to leave. we could have a bet with vlahovic. we could do an agreement with dortmund for haaland like city did.

we could do anything but did the wrong deal, and I'm sorry but it's on tuchel

A future agreement with Haaland might have been possible at that stage.
But seeing that Werner was not filling the ticks the board-Tuchel-fans wanted a striker asap.
I don't remember names talked about at the time other than the three I mentioned.

18 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

A future agreement with Haaland might have been possible at that stage.

After years of plugging the holes with wild moves, no vision and no sporting director we got stuck in the mud for good at the time and were only hanging on Tuchel and Roman's money, that also were under a question mark with GB stance and stadium situation. Haaland was not coming here as long as he had any hype around him and likes of Pool, City or PSG interested

Enzo was our best midfielder after having only one training session, you could see the guy is going to be a superstar. Can't wait to see him play alongside Zakaria or Kova. Mount and Gallagher both in the same line-up just doesn't work, they're too similar, but I understand GP didn't have much to choose from. I would have preferred Carney to play tho.

Most glaring issue again was the lack of a proper striker. Havertz has good movement, he gets picked out in promising positions time and time again, but he just lacks the killer instinct you need from a striker. Just the type of player he is, not really his fault that he's being played out of position. Sure he could and should score more, but I take it more as a failure of our recruitment in striking department, than a failure of Kai's. I would be very interested to see what he could do as AMF with Enzo and Zakaria/Kova behind him.

33 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

After years of plugging the holes with wild moves, no vision and no sporting director we got stuck in the mud for good at the time and were only hanging on Tuchel and Roman's money, that also were under a question mark with GB stance and stadium situation. Haaland was not coming here as long as he had any hype around him and likes of Pool, City or PSG interested

Oh dear !
We were champions league winners back then, not 9th in the league !
But Haaland did well to maintain a neutral stance re. Chelsea when his German club said "not this year".
He knew we were going for another striker and he did n't know that Lukaku or whoever was going to be pronounced a failure by January.
We also could n't really keep Werner and wait for summer 2022 to go for Haaland again as there were more clubs who wanted him.
Then in the summer of 2022 apart from our problem with the sanctions, his agreement with City was all but finalised.
Erase those two stories, Haaland and Lukaku.
But for some reason when it comes to choosing a striker we seem to be stuck like it is an unsolvable mathematical problem.

Teams with lowest goals than Chelsea (22)  -  Palace (18) ,  Forest (16)  , (Wolves 14) ,  West Ham (17)  , Everton (16) , Bournemouth (19)  , Soton ( 17)

Even Leicester (31) , Villa (25),  Leeds (25) , Brentford (34) have more .

Top 5 teams :

Arsenal (45)  - 23 GD.

City ( 53) -  31 GD.

Newcastle (33) - 11 GD.

United  (34) - 12 GD.

Spurs  (40) - 18 GD.

4 minutes ago, Tomislava10Barisic said:

FC Chelsea London - Fulham 0:0? Why did not Mateo Kovacic play? Also not on the Bench!
Unbelivable we can not beat Fulham.... How long will be Christian Pulisic out injured?

We are not better than Fulham and the team is not ready.
I was hoping we were going to ride on the wave of the recent successes in the transfer market and win this one but I was proven wrong,
Some good signs but also it's been established that Mount continues his long spell of underpar performances, Kai is useless as a striker and Potter is a coach for lower divisions.

10 minutes ago, Tomislava10Barisic said:

FC Chelsea London - Fulham 0:0? Why did not Mateo Kovacic play? Also not on the Bench!
Unbelivable we can not beat Fulham.... How long will be Christian Pulisic out injured?

Kova is injured