Brentford 0 - 0 Chelsea

ZAPHOD2319

It's time to bench Sterling for Pulisic. He is not doing anything for weeks while Pulisic delivered in his last two cameos with assist for Gallagher goal and scored against Wolves only to be benched again. 

3 hours ago, Pizy said:

Expecting a very tough game so I hope Potter doesn’t go nuts with the players shifting around to unnatural positions.

Can see Conor coming into the XI in place of Kova. We really need to match Brentford’s intensity so having fresher legs will help. For the same reason I’d consider starting Broja here as well. 

Pick a team that Brentford won’t be expecting or specifically be planning for. Go for maximum work rate and pressure in behind. Broja, Pulisic, Mount, Gallagher. Best way to beat them is to force them back and not allow quick breaks.

Yeah, I am the same. Doing a bit more thinking about this game, our injuries and Silva's game management, I would be against going to a back four and trying to hustle them in CM. For me, Jorgi is going to be quite important in this one as he is our best CM at drawing in the press then quickly bypassing it with a short pass. 

I would actually be tempted in this game to go 442 (diamond.) As it will give us the best option to try and take control of CM as well as put on our most athletic players in their positions. 

I wouldn't be against, something like this: 

Kepa

Dave Trev KK Chilwell 

Jorgi

RLC Gallagher

Mount 

Kai Broja

Arguments could be had for Kova over Gallagher and Puli for either Kai or Broja. If it doesn't work then we could bring of Auba and Sterling/Puli for Broja and Kai and go 433. 

Edited by King Kante

4 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

It's time to bench Sterling for Pulisic. He is not doing anything for weeks while Pulisic delivered in his last two cameos with assist for Gallagher goal and scored against Wolves only to be benched again. 

No no deffo not pulisic can be at home for me, sick of seeing that useles bag of spanners 

3 hours ago, King Kante said:

Yeah, I am the same. Doing a bit more thinking about this game, our injuries and Silva's game management, I would be against going to a back four and trying to hustle them in CM. For me, Jorgi is going to be quite important in this one as he is our best CM at drawing in the press then quickly bypassing it with a short pass. 

I would actually be tempted in this game to go 442 (diamond.) As it will give us the best option to try and take control of CM as well as put on our most athletic players in their positions. 

I wouldn't be against, something like this: 

Kepa

Dave Trev KK Chilwell 

Jorgi

RLC Gallagher

Mount 

Kai Broja

Arguments could be had for Kova over Gallagher and Puli for either Kai or Broja. If it doesn't work then we could bring of Auba and Sterling/Puli for Broja and Kai and go 433. 

I think Potter may have heard me, only missed Cucu over Chilwell. Line up has to be 442, no? 

2022-23 English Premier League

Brentford                 337.png&h=100&scale=crop&w=100&location=origin
Chelsea            363.png&h=100&scale=crop&w=100&location=origin

http://www.sportfacts.net/sports/2022/premier-league-brentford-vs-Chelsea-s1/

https://livestreams.totalsportek.com/game/brentford-vs-Chelsea/1615/

e109ee245db6b44044734da02ff0c655.png78473f35fa6f78491691516b58b223c8.png

Just now, YorkshireBlue said:

Only one there that worrys me is havertz!! Liability is an understatement.

I don't think he is a liability, he doesn't give the ball away loads or make mistakes that give away goals. He just hasn't been finding decisive passes and goals in the premier league. I still think he's a good player tbh. Would probably have given a chance to another player today, but I'm sure Potter has good reasons.

4 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Hopefully havertz starting tonight means he's no where near the UTD game.

He should be nowhere near the squad to start with. Mount was dropped & he picked up his game, whilst Havertz has probably gotten worse.