33. Wesley Fofana

Blues Forever

Welcome to the club.

May he be even better than what he is hyped to be. In the video, he looks genuinely excited to be here and eager to do his best.

I had my doubts but now he is here I will be 100% behind him and wish him all the luck in the world.

Lot of jealous haters from rival clubs laughing and saying “he’ll be playing for Real Madrid in a couple of years.” We managed to squeeze £100m out of them for 30 year old Hazard who had only a year on his contract left. Imagine the price we’d set on Fofana in a couple of years when he’d still have 5 years on his contract. If he develops into the CB that his talent suggests he’s going nowhere for the foreseeable future. 

On another note, it’s brilliant that we were somehow able to get him for FAR below the world record fee all the Leicester sources said they’d demand. Will hopefully take some of the heat and pressure off right away and allow him to settle. His every little mistake won’t be accompanied by headlines and criticisms about “the world’s most expensive ever defender.”

44 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Welcome to the club.

May he be even better than what he is hyped to be. In the video, he looks genuinely excited to be here and eager to do his best.

I had my doubts but now he is here I will be 100% behind him and wish him all the luck in the world.

Exactly what I picked up from the video.  Wish him all the best at Chelsea

Welcome!

Good player but big big price tag. More than likely because Leicester paid £35m for him as opposed to him being a ‘generational talent’ or ‘best young CB of his generation/Europe/whatever’. 

I am not sure I’ve seen enough from him to confidently say £70m is a good deal for us. Considering what we’ve lost this summer too in terms of Rudiger’s and Christensen’s ability and experience and how we’ve started, he’s got to come in and hit the ground running.

Obviously he’s young and over 7 years or whatever his contract is, may prove to be a very good deal but look at Kai Havertz, big money and barring a CL winning goal and a handful of games, theres still huge doubts over what he is, what he offers, if he’s going to become that player that he should be etc.

Still not convinced he’s could grow into one of the very best CBs in Europe like the owner has said and some others are/have said. I mean he’s not even played 100 career games. Its even harder to believe that sort of talk based on 37 Premier League games, and its 99.9% likely that not a lot of people on here saying such things watched him at St Etienne or for France u21s either. 

• 3 months later...
17 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Another knee injury as he is taken off against Brentford. 

75m everyone. 

As I said numerous times before and after we signed him. Dude is done and dusted at the top level with his dodgy knees.

Just not even arsed anymore. Bad news after bad news when ever I open up social media. 

Can’t wait until Liverpool sign Enzo Fernandez and City get Bellingham whilst we spend 100m on Declan ‘hide behind the attackers’ Rice.