Chelsea 2-1 Leicester City

ZAPHOD2319

10 hours ago, Strike said:

Kovacic back in training

His absence in the past 3 games has largely gone under the radar., in the media at least.

Looking forward to seeing our normal CM double pivot of Jorginho Kovacic again. Think this could make a big difference for us next game.

On 23/08/2022 at 07:03, Blues11 said:

Mendy

James---Azpi---Silva---Cucurella

Kova - Jorginho

Mount------Sterling-----Pulisic

Broja

Not going to happen...just sick of watching the boring 3-4-3 while we're still struggling and conceding...

Has Azpi ever played as CB in a back 4? Unfortunately most of our CBs are best suited to a back 3, will make it more difficult to transition away from it in the future. Have a feeling we might play Cucurella at LCB this game.

1 hour ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

And all of the runs being timed wrong or into nonsensical positions. 

The amount of times the ball was whipped into the box for him to be running towards the corner flag has been mind blowing in terms of stupidity.

Curious to see what midfield Tuchel goes with now that Kova is fit. Since both Jorginho and Gallagher struggled so much against Leeds I wonder which of the two he decides to drop. I would guess Conor.

With Leicester in terrible form and potentially missing some big, key players I think we should expect them to go for a very defensive setup to just try to stop the rot. They just need points on the board to steady things and may play for a draw. So for me I pray we don’t waste Reece at CB again. We’ll need his attacking play against what may be a parked bus.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Curious to see what midfield Tuchel goes with now that Kova is fit. Since both Jorginho and Gallagher struggled so much against Leeds I wonder which of the two he decides to drop. I would guess Conor.

With Leicester in terrible form and potentially missing some big, key players I think we should expect them to go for a very defensive setup to just try to stop the rot. They just need points on the board to steady things and may play for a draw. So for me I pray we don’t waste Reece at CB again. We’ll need his attacking play against what may be a parked bus.

If you noticed against spurs he played as a cb but when attacking we just left silva and kk at the back and he was forward alot.

Tuchel says Kova is only ready for very limited minutes so he almost certainly won’t start. 

Since Gallagher and Jorginho was so disastrous against Leeds I wonder what Tuchel does. 

16 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Tuchel says Kova is only ready for very limited minutes so he almost certainly won’t start. 

Since Gallagher and Jorginho was so disastrous against Leeds I wonder what Tuchel does. 

I can see Loftus-Cheek getting moved into the midfield.

Have a feeling with Koulibaly out that we may go:

Reece RWB, Azpi or Chalobah RCB, Silva CCB, Cucurella LCB, Chilwell LWB

Jorginho and RLC in midfield and then three in attack. Be interesting to see if he changes any of these as Havertz doesn't look like scoring at the moment and Mount has started the season in poor form. Maybe a Broja or Pulisic could just freshen up that trio.