Leeds United 3 - 0 Chelsea

ZAPHOD2319

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

If you press us hard in midfield we cannot cope with J5 in there. He is LESS than useless in a game like this where we don’t have 70+ % of the ball with him comfortably dictating things.

This is the sort of game that screams out for a certain profile of midfielder. THIS is why the links to a calm, press resistant midfielder like FDJ make sense. Or Kova if he were bloody fit.

opposition midfielders just stream past him like he isnt there....he is not agile, strong enough nor quick enough...he is becoming a liability

Mount hasn’t got going yet this season 3 games in. Totally on the periphery in each game so far. Sterling has looked our only dangerous attacker so far this season.

Don’t see where the goals are coming from with this current team.

Just now, DDA said:

Absolutely raging. 

This performance in simply unacceptable.

Mendy is a fucking nightmare on the ball. 

Stop playing it back to him.

And they do this so many times! Going backwards isn't going to help near their goal!

Leeds deserve this! They have been impressive and organised. This won't finish 2-0 they'll get more. Going to end embarrassing. Hopefully it'll change but we don't look like scoring one..

10 minutes ago, Nero said:

No yellow card for Leeds. This ref is a joke

opposition players are constantly allowed to break up our attacks by fouls which generally go unpunished and rarely get cards for.....I doubt we will get a favourable decision this season the rate it is going

Mendy is a big problem and has huge impact on the overall team, his distribution is so poor that our CBs has to hold his hand make short passes. Reason you can’t high pressure Pool and City is that their defenders  are spread out making the opposition hard to trap them. 

Mendy is becoming a more regular problem with these errors. There's no shame to just launch that ball out for a throw in and reset. He isn't technically good enough to be doing things like that and it's completely turned a game where we had ridden the initial storm. 

By no means have we played well but we keep getting punished time and again for stupid errors. It happened with alarming regularity last season and is no different again today.

And it was something I felt when watching him last pre season before he went to Palace and I still feel is true, Gallagher isn't technically good enough to be playing in midfield for us, particularly in a 2. He's far too slow and not composed enough on the ball. I was worried today about him playing in there and so far he's just confirmed my concerns with him. Personally feel we should have started RLC in there and brought Azpilicueta or Chalobah into the defence but hindsight is wonderful.

This is why I refused to get excited after the Spurs game. This is just a recap from last season. Turn up against tough opposition and then wilt against lesser opponents next week.

Tuchel also needs to cool his jets. He's on a suspended touch line ban. You have to be careful about when they'll pull the trigger.

Feel sorry for Gallagher.. he's playing a position that doesn't suit him and to top it off he's playing alongside a J5 who refuses to put effort into tackles. Fucking wabk