Leeds United 3 - 0 Chelsea

ZAPHOD2319

Our goals after 3 games :  Jorginho (P-won by Chilwell) ,  James ( Sterling a) and Koulibaly ( Cucurella a) 

In other words, we still don't have an attacking player with a goal or an assist besides Sterling.

Edited by milka

7 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Played so well against Sp*rs and then the whole club was psychologically butt fucked by the corrupt decisions.

Need to put this shit behind us and move on...

Can't use that as an excuse, we've had a week since that to clear our heads.

They all know facing Leeds away they are in for an intense match and will need to work hard and be sharp and they've completely failed in that regard. We played a team that wanted it more today and there's simply no excuse for that.

But, the mistakes this group makes time and again is beyond frustrating. Just look at Spurs yesterday, abysmal for most of their game but what they made sure was they were solid and held firm so that if a chance came for them they could nick it. We had done the hard work in this regard and then just threw it away with Mendy's mistake and a similar trait is this team doesn't react well to set backs. 2 minutes later we concede a poor goal from a set piece and it's done.

1 minute ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Can't use that as an excuse, we've had a week since that to clear our heads.

They all know facing Leeds away they are in for an intense match and will need to work hard and be sharp and they've completely failed in that regard. We played a team that wanted it more today and there's simply no excuse for that.

But, the mistakes this group makes time and again is beyond frustrating. Just look at Spurs yesterday, abysmal for most of their game but what they made sure was they were solid and held firm so that if a chance came for them they could nick it. We had done the hard work in this regard and then just threw it away with Mendy's mistake and a similar trait is this team doesn't react well to set backs. 2 minutes later we concede a poor goal from a set piece and it's done.

Leeds and the Yids yesterday both had a partisan crowd each at home with refs decisions going their way, but yes its a fucking shit show. 

Still, KTBFFH

9 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

Seriously Mendy has got to be demoted.
Kepa suffered a psychological trauma two seasons ago but he 's a great keeper.
Anyway I 'd rather concede a goal from an opponent's shot, like that of James today, than that.

Just no. Mendy's mistake was a brainfade. It has happened a few too many times - Real Madrid and West Ham last season (that directly led to goals)

but still he at least covers the goal. There is no redemption with Kepa. We moved on long ago.

1 minute ago, Strike said:

Just no. Mendy's mistake was a brainfade. It has happened a few too many times - Real Madrid and West Ham last season (that directly led to goals)

but still he at least covers the goal. There is no redemption with Kepa. We moved on long ago.

We did not move long ago. We used him last year and he was ok.

18 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

I dont think we'll see Mendy try and be cute with an attacker for quite a while. Tuchel will have a word, and he will just fucking hoof it out the box now.

This isn't a one-off, though. I can guarantee you we'll be having the same discussion a handful of times before June.

He ought to be dropped for Leicester.  

6 minutes ago, Strike said:

If he's that bad, why is he still at the club to begin with?

We could easily cover his wages & ship him out otherwise.

Edited by LAM09

Just now, cosmicway said:

We did not move long ago. We used him last year and he was ok.

Used him sparingly and wasn't near any meaningful Champions League or Premier League game that Mendy was available for.

Also why no club is taking a punt on him this summer (Even with Chelsea rumored to be covering wages)?

4 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

This isn't a one-off, though. I can guarantee you we'll be having the same discussion a handful of times before June.

He ought to be dropped for Leicester.  

If he's that bad, why is he still at the club to begin with?

We could easily cover his wages & ship him out otherwise.

Because no interest even with wages covered and club is waiting to see if there's an offer since they spent a lot on him.

Reports were on the Napoli deal, Chelsea was going to cover 70% of wages

Still have to see what happens today in the Newcastle game as might seem a little premature but regardless of the outcome in that one, I do think today's result won't be a one off for both ourselves and the other 'big 6' teams this season.

There does feel a bit more of a shift in mentality from teams just trying to dig and hold in against the big boys to actually having a go against them, especially when playing at home. I do feel there will be a number of surprise results this season. Especially from the likes of teams like Leeds and Brighton because of the way in which they play.

Importantly for us, we need to build a run together which it feels we haven't done since the start of last December. The next 3 home to Leicester and West Ham and away to Southampton we need to build some points and momentum. Easier said than done after today's performance firmly in minds, but on paper it's three very winnable and seemingly favourable games which would put us in a much better all round position. 

Clear our heads and focus on Leicester, that's must win and at present they're there for the taking. About time we faced a team in that position and put them to the sword.

35 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

I dont think we'll see Mendy try and be cute with an attacker for quite a while. Tuchel will have a word, and he will just fucking hoof it out the box now.

But Mendy has been doing it for ages, he's still not learned.

If TT hasn't told him already then he never will.

8 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Still have to see what happens today in the Newcastle game as might seem a little premature but regardless of the outcome in that one, I do think today's result won't be a one off for both ourselves and the other 'big 6' teams this season.

There does feel a bit more of a shift in mentality from teams just trying to dig and hold in against the big boys to actually having a go against them, especially when playing at home. I do feel there will be a number of surprise results this season. Especially from the likes of teams like Leeds and Brighton because of the way in which they play.

Importantly for us, we need to build a run together which it feels we haven't done since the start of last December. The next 3 home to Leicester and West Ham and away to Southampton we need to build some points and momentum. Easier said than done after today's performance firmly in minds, but on paper it's three very winnable and seemingly favourable games which would put us in a much better all round position. 

Clear our heads and focus on Leicester, that's must win and at present they're there for the taking. About time we faced a team in that position and put them to the sword.

Newcastle are winning 2-1 @ HT

After going a goal down in the first six mins

David Luiz often got criticized for his defensive lapses but I do vividly remember him punting balls out of the stadium frequently to clear his lines.  Live to fight another day mentality.  Mendy for the love of God put your foot thru the ball!

10 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

Newcastle are winning 2-1 @ HT

After going a goal down in the first six mins

Yeah I know that's why I mentioned it as a further example of the big teams perhaps not getting it their own way as much this season but knowing that the game isn't finished and City could still come back yet.

As I have posted before possession is a wonderful thing — but it doesn’t win you football matches. One thing does that — GOALS !! Until we get the ball forward more quickly instead of sideways and backwards, we will never get the best out of any striker we have currently or are looking to sign
The insistence of playing out from the back EVERY TIME leads to mistakes , like today. Let’s get a few more players going past opponents and creating space and get people shooting the ball — rather than this slow tempo dross that we often revert to