Arsenal 4 - 0 Chelsea (Pre-Season)

Knew this was coming, said it to my lad on Friday we would be lucky to not get beaten by 6 or 7, absolutely no direction what so ever and I keep coming back to the same thing, if you go into the season or starts games without a recognised striker, never mind Havertz, there is a problem.

Werner, Ziyech, Sarr, Emerson, Barkley, Batshit, Barkley, Kennedy, Azpilicueta, Alonso. None of them should not even in thinking never mind anything else. The squad is bloated and needs reducing, that way more quality can be added because that list of names is shambolic.

If we start the season badly I'm telling you now TT will be gone before the fourth game.

Tuchel is as frustrated as we are with our sluggish transfer window and the extreme stress of having to coach and also be so involved everywhere else looks to have finally boiled over last night with these quotes.

We looked exactly the same as our shit performances last season. Zero growth or improvement because as Tuchel said, it’s the same players. Werner, Havertz, Ziyech, and Pulisic look like the exact same 1 in every 5 games players. Batshuayi is still Championship quality. Chalobah still liable for at least 1 shocker of an error each match. Mendy likewise.

There are no discernible attacking patterns or clear idea going forward which was clear as day to see with Arse. The exact same struggles we had as a team last season we have still. Struggle when pressed, struggle to string together passes, struggle to get attackers connected with the midfield.

And the worst thing about all these deadwood players is that we’ve given them such huge wages that it’s seemingly impossible to shift them. Who’s going to want all these guys? Plus, even if we can by some miracle shift a bunch of them we’ve been so slow this window that we won’t get replacements in any time soon.

There was a clear and pretty desperate appeal from Tuchel to Boehly for more quality additions. But who is there out there that can solve our goal scoring issues? Jesus would’ve been perfect for us… 😒 

We have too much deadwoods in the team which no one wants .

Once again, Tuchel will be expected to make magic with these players  .

With the difference that this season, in addition to City and Liverpool, we also have Arsenal and Tottenham, which have strengthened significantly

And I'm not okay with a team like Arsenal making fun of us even in a friendly game

I would take a risk with Ronaldo at 37 because we look pathetic  in attack .

I can't  to watch  another season with Werner and Ziyech and Havertz false 9 .

Edited by milka

It just feels like once again our top PL goal scorer is going to have 8-9 goals or something pathetic like that. Mount, Kai, and Sterling will probably each hit that.

We have nobody who is going to be truly prolific and clinical. I’m fairly confident that the defense and midfield will sort itself out as the season starts, but where the fuck is the reliable goal scoring going to come from?

1 hour ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Worrying thing is can see Tuchel getting frustrated and getting poached by a top club

If its a mid table season, I am not accepting all the 'we're in transition' comments. 

Agreed.

I believe we're in a transition but even with all the holes in the squad and the upheaval we should as a bare minimum still be challenging for top 4, and not fall anywhere near out of the top 6. 

Tuchel has already had to pull off miracles for the club and dealt with all the sanctions last season and difficult questioning because no one was prepared to speak on behalf of the club. The fans have shown their backing to him and I think it's something he appreciates, but ultimately if a Bayern or Madrid or someone of that ilk come sniffing we could be in trouble.

6 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I've got an injury at the minute so didn't stay up for it. All I saw so far is K2's highlights.

It was hurrendous... and I do mean hurrendous.

There were literally zero ideas on how to transition from midfield to attack..

We spent 60 minutes giving the ball to Emerson who was just hoofing it up the field.

The only positive and I literally the only good thing to happen in that game last night was K2s cameo.

Oh and maybe the fact that the new ownership has to change this disgrace of an attack.

Yes this was a pre-season game but the lack of understanding in the team is clear. There is no attacking cohesion. I mean that is two games now where I have watched and thought "what is our philosophy". Arsenal had a clear game plan yesterday and dominated us on all angles. It looked yesterday that we just sent out a team with 11 players and told to compete, rather than a gameplan. Pre-season or not, we should not be struggling to beat the likes of Charlotte FC. Arsenal beat Orlando 3-1, who are a better team than Charlotte. 

This may end up being a blessing in disguise for Tuchel to work on much needed tactics on the training ground, but yesterday was so worrying. Not our best team but many players out there are PL standard players who should be doing a lot better. 

2 minutes ago, Stats said:

Yes this was a pre-season game but the lack of understanding in the team is clear. There is no attacking cohesion. I mean that is two games now where I have watched and thought "what is our philosophy". Arsenal had a clear game plan yesterday and dominated us on all angles. It looked yesterday that we just sent out a team with 11 players and told to compete, rather than a gameplan. Pre-season or not, we should not be struggling to beat the likes of Charlotte FC. Arsenal beat Orlando 3-1, who are a better team than Charlotte. 

This may end up being a blessing in disguise for Tuchel to work on much needed tactics on the training ground, but yesterday was so worrying. Not our best team but many players out there are PL standard players who should be doing a lot better. 

This will hopefully be a massive wake up call to the new ownership. 

I think TTs presser was a direct cry for signings to Todd and Co.

You can clearly see he is furious with the lack of incomings and the fact he is trying to prepare the ucrrent group for a new season that is riddled with players who don't want to be there. 

I expect to see some big signings in the next week.

We have no choice and if we don't.... TT has every right to be left alone if we start the season badly.

Amid the doom and gloom maybe it's time to say thank --- for the women. Champions in four of the last five seasons, double winners in each of the last two and having a good summer. They've signed; a top player, a very good player, a good player and a supposedly bright young prospect (I know nothing about her) who will head out on loan. When you reach the point when your soul urgently needs to see a Chelsea team win, the girls are your go to option.

It seems to me that the defense stayed at home yesterday.
Our attackers sometimes find the net (e.g. Madrid) sometimes not.
The recent departures affected our defense mostly. The frontline is what it was, minus a Diego.