Arsenal 4 - 0 Chelsea (Pre-Season)

Not looking good at all. Very discouraging performance. Will be interesting to see what TT says about this one. I'm sure he will just waffle about meters on the pitch.

I doubt Udiniese will be the only pre-season game left. 

Expect a lot of friendlies behind closed doors because the whole squad's very off the pace fitness wise.

1 hour ago, BenjaminBlue said:

Its an absolute joke how much Timo takes home wage-wise for a guy that just runs into space.

And there is someone told werner, he totally trust werner to prove himself here and should be very happy to stay 

🙄🙄

Well better to really test out a back 4 in pre season than a real game. Lost the game in the first half where we were abysmal, second half a bit better but the players didnt seem to want to exert themselves too much. Arsenal also looked more prepared than we were.

I believe if Broja was with the team, he would get more minutes than Michy. He and Colwill really have a chance of moving up the pecking order if they were actually available. 

Werners first touch is shockingly bad. and lives for being offside. He is not made for Chelsea which is a shame but you can see there is a good player there just not for Chelsea. if he went to somewhere like liverpool some with Pulisic they would be on fire.

3 minutes ago, Ledg said:

I doubt Udiniese will be the only pre-season game left. 

Expect a lot of friendlies behind closed doors because the whole squad's very off the pace fitness wise.

I would be really happy, if fitness aspect is the only worrying issue here. Our attacking play under tuchel is very very underwhelming

55 minutes ago, turgi said:

Again, nothing to do with development attack patterns. Just crappy players.

The number of players that was meant to leave this summer but played tonight is beyond concerning.

Sterling looked equally bad as our other attackers, 

Never like to take too much from friendlies but it is worrying to see just how undercooked we looked in comparison to Arsenal and how many players are getting minutes that are likely not going to be used once the season rolls around.

It's a big 2 weeks now before the season starts and Tuchel needs to decide what the strongest XI is and play that in the last friendly for at least 70 minutes.

A couple of takes from the game - I don't know where Gallagher fits into this team and system. We don't look suited to play a back 4, we're much better off getting back to being tight at the back in a 3. We were all over the shop in the first half and looked so open. In a pivot, I genuinely think Gallagher is behind Kante, Jorginho, Kovacic and probably even RLC for that position. He's not technical enough to play higher up like Mount can. Currently I worry he'll feel a square peg in a round hole.

I still have full belief that there's a real player in Havertz, but that doesn't hide away that he is also inconsistent and to date has shown no signs of that changing. We can't hang our hat solely on him to lead the line this season. I think if he wants it, and has the mentality to fight for it, there is a real opportunity for Broja to get a lot of game time if he stays. He offers a completely different style of attacker to Havertz, with a more natural striker instinct but unlike Lukaku, he doesn't negatively impact on the team's ability to press. 

Despite a poor performance, it shouldn't go unnoticed that all 4 goals were awful tonight and completely preventable. This follows on from the first two games conceding a comedy own goal and a penalty. It's concerning that the second half of last season became farcical with the amount of goals we were gifting opposition, and so far this has just carried on into pre season.