Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

23 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

Fingers crossed. Though not sure if we are looking for 2 LBs or just one? I would hope that we are looking to offload both emerson and Alonso (will get 40 mil for both combined) while buying tagliafco and reguilon (25m€ each). For 10m€ we would have upgraded our left back position multifold. While also freeing up funds for CB and DM.

Ins - 

Werner 53m€

Ziyech 40m€

Kai 80m€

Reguilon 25m€

Tagliafco 25m€

Onana 30m€

Jimenez 80m€

Rice 77m€

Total - 410m€

Outs -

Morata 56m€

Pasalic 15m€

Nathan 3m€

Bakayoko 25m€

Barkley 25m€

Jorginho 40m€

Alonso 20m€

Emerson 20m€

Zappacosta 10m€

Moses 6m€

Michy 20m€

Kante 60m€

Rudiger/zouma/Andreas 30m€

Drinkwater, miazga, kenedy, baba rahman, baker, Izzy brown - 20m€

Total - 350m€/360m€

Squad -

Gk - onana, willy

Rb - azpi, Reece

Cb - Jimenez, zouma, Rudi, tomori

Lb - reguilon, tagliafco

DM - Rice, Gilmour

CMs - kova, rlc

CAMs - mount, kai

Rw - ziyech, anjorin

Lw - pulisic, CHO

ST - werner, Tammy, giroud

For a lay over of 50/60m€, we can massively upgrade our squad.

No way in hell we buy Gimenez at that price and we ain't getting 2 LBs

Why buy Gimenez when he is injured 50% of the matches anyway? Guys like@Jason will be furious when an injury prone player gets an injury and will say it is Lampards fault that an injury prone player received an injury [emoji58]

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

3 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Should we get this and Havertz over the line, think we are 2 signings away from a proper title challenge. 

GK

James----Tomori----CB----Reguilón

Kante----Kovacic

Ziyech------Havertz-----Pulisic

Werner

Is not a very strong team and have no players with individual weight and hierarchy, appart Kante. Man City, Liverpool and United are going to line up much better teams imo.

26 minutes ago, Alabama said:

Maybe agree about Jimenez, but disagree about LB. Lamps does not use any of our LBs as LBs anyways, right?

Certainly does not rate emerson even as a LWB. What is the point of keeping a player that you can't even use for their primary position. I can certainly see us selling both alonso and emeson and buying 2 LBs or maybe promoting maatsen or Castillo.

This kid is fucking massive and appears to have a PL ready skill set. I wonder if he'd be thrown straight into the senior squad for next season or whether he's one who would go out on loan for a season or two.
Bringing an 18 year old kid in and expecting him to solve our defensive crisis doesn't sound plausible. So I'm guessing loan?

Development squad it seems.

13 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

Maybe agree about Jimenez, but disagree about LB. Lamps does not use any of our LBs as LBs anyways, right?

Certainly does not rate emerson even as a LWB. What is the point of keeping a player that you can't even use for their primary position. I can certainly see us selling both alonso and emeson and buying 2 LBs or maybe promoting maatsen or Castillo.

The latter is likely the possible scenario...Though I hate to say this Alonso might end up staying...we have lots of deals to close getting 2LBs might not be that feasible...

3 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Should we get this and Havertz over the line, think we are 2 signings away from a proper title challenge. 

GK

James----Tomori----CB----Reguilón

Kante----Kovacic

Ziyech------Havertz-----Pulisic

Werner

Personally I would love to see the following (which I think is realistic too from a financial point of view if we make at least 2-3 sales this window):

Onana

James----Dunk----Rudiger----Reguilón

Rice

Havertz----Kante

Ziyech                                 Pulisic

Werner

Kante is not really a pure DM, he benefits from a roaming role. Rice is decent DM with good ballplaying skills, would do well in DM for us. 
Rice is also crucial as we need a leader on the pitch, really missing it now. 
I don't see us being able to buy any world class CB this window, I would take Dunk for a few seasons as he is decent. I still have at least a bit of faith in Rudiger.
Reguilon is a wild card as he has so few senior games under his belt, but did well Sevilla from the few games I saw, and seems very cheap. You can't buy world class for every position in one window.  

Id love ATS or Oblak, but I just dont see them or any other top5 keeper moving this window. Onana is also quite cheap.
Squad would also offer good options from the bench for most positions. 

Whether this eleven can compete for the PL depends on how the squad gels, fitness and how the new signings perform. Getting Werner to hit 25 goals/season and consistent performances from Pulisic, Ziyech and Havertz will be enough to win a lot of points.
Lampard developing as a coach is also very important to how we perform, its not just the players.  

We managed to get some results this season against Liverpool, Man C, Man U, Arsenal and Spurs. In my opinion the above eleven is vastly superior, so why wouldnt we be able to provide a greater challenge next season?

9 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Dunk would ideally be a great stop gap signing until Mbuyamba develops into a regular. 

Do we need a stop gap though? Think we need two starting CBs anyway

9 minutes ago, Strike said:

Do we need a stop gap though? Think we need two starting CBs anyway

I think we will be quite surprised on how much an improvement Dunk will be. Commands the box and a great aerial presence 

I think we also need to be realistic regarding our funds and improving other areas + the Havertz deal. 

1 hour ago, killer1257 said:

Why buy Gimenez when he is injured 50% of the matches anyway? Guys like@Jason will be furious when an injury prone player gets an injury and will say it is Lampards fault that an injury prone player received an injury emoji58.png

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

You keep using Kante and Pulisic as excuses to defend Lampard but completely ignore the fact that some other players have also suffered muscle injuries this season and why they have happened so many times, beyond than just the situations with Kante and Pulisic.

And this is not even about blaming Lampard for the heck of it. If it has happened to only Kante and Pulisic, then fine, I take your point completely but given others have also suffered the same problem and the number of times it has happened, it is only normal to question what is going on and if there is something not right with the way Lampard trains the players, especially when our injury record overall in previous years is good. Is that really offensive to you? Just want the players to be healthy and not get unnecessary injury when it can be prevented! :rant: