ZAPHOD2319 4,976 Posted June 26, 2025 Share Posted June 26, 2025 I guess it was just to get clicks Stats and Fernando 2 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Stats 7,230 Posted June 26, 2025 Share Posted June 26, 2025 1 hour ago, mkh said: Borussia Dortmund are exploring a deal for Josh Acheampong. — There is now a belief among suitor clubs that Chelsea may be willing to do business for £35m. [@MiguelDelaney] I would be fuming with this. He is an exceptional talent. He has power, pace, good on the ball and mark my words will be a top, top player. We should not be letting Acheampong go for £35m. That will look like peanuts in a few years. He decided to stay here when he could have opted against signing a new contract so start showing some faith. He reminds me of Lewis-Skelly but on the other side. Powerful, both like to make powerful ventures forward and both can easily transition from defence to midfield. Acheampong proved this in our last game. Can't just keep looking at profit all the time ffs. Vesper and mkh 2 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
OhForAGreavsie 6,128 Posted June 26, 2025 Share Posted June 26, 2025 (edited) 23 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said: I’m pretty sure this is the longest we have gone without signing a 17 year old that nobody has ever heard about! Outdated comment. Edited June 26, 2025 by OhForAGreavsie Vesper 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Special Juan 28,827 Posted June 26, 2025 Share Posted June 26, 2025 Romano now confirming Waltomade is close to bayern Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mkh 779 Posted June 26, 2025 Share Posted June 26, 2025 Wolte would have gone down at Chelsea - he's Peter Crouch and Kai Havertz rolled into one. In Germany, a talented striker comes out of nowhere every year and disappears again quickly, just like we almost signed Baier last year. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
LAM09 7,098 Posted June 26, 2025 Share Posted June 26, 2025 1 hour ago, Strike said: There's a better chance of dislodging an aging Kane than there is of jumping ahead of Delap and Jackson who are a similar age profile. Their top goal threat and one of the highest earners. Very unlikely. Are we certain Jackson is staying? Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Pizy 19,320 Posted June 26, 2025 Share Posted June 26, 2025 I think the only way we’d sign another striker is if Jackson goes. We were never going to have 3 senior #9’s in the squad. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
NikkiCFC 8,524 Posted June 26, 2025 Share Posted June 26, 2025 Our pre season starts around end of July. So there's plenty of time. Literally zero difference if we sign certain player now or in 3 weeks. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Pizy 19,320 Posted June 26, 2025 Share Posted June 26, 2025 6 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said: Our pre season starts around end of July. So there's plenty of time. Literally zero difference if we sign certain player now or in 3 weeks. But surely it’s better to get your key targets in early. As Liverpool and City have decided. The longer you wait the harder the potential selling clubs will dig their heels in knowing it’ll be increasingly difficult to replace their players. Also there may be more competition for said players. Blue Armour and bigbluewillie 2 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Laylabelle 9,743 Posted June 26, 2025 Share Posted June 26, 2025 19 minutes ago, Pizy said: But surely it’s better to get your key targets in early. As Liverpool and City have decided. The longer you wait the harder the potential selling clubs will dig their heels in knowing it’ll be increasingly difficult to replace their players. Also there may be more competition for said players. That would make sense...and how we used to do it. Just bit crap seeing clubs such as Liverpool who were strong enough as it was get their work done ASAP. But way we seem to do it is drag it out then it falls through and then ooo window is closed now..or closing so its panic panic and end up with someone random who adds sod all for a stupid price Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mário César 1,502 Posted June 26, 2025 Share Posted June 26, 2025 we had several shit windows also with RA I remember the summer transfermarket after conte title was shambolic... city that year get almost every target very soon and we couldnt capitalize the epl title and give a boost in our squad and we can say the same in the epl 2015 title and 2010 epl title. in that time, we had several shambolic windows also the one that I remembered that was very good was when we signed cesc and costa very soon Fernando 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mhsc 1,150 Posted June 26, 2025 Share Posted June 26, 2025 38 minutes ago, Mário César said: we had several shit windows also with RA Very very many shit windows tbh. The unbelievable lost opportunity of the final 10 years of Roman's reign, when we still had spending power + wage power but overwhelmingly no clue how to do it or consistent approach with a proper director of football, repeatedly letting managers pick players instead etc. That approach looks almost hilariously prehistoric now but when it worked it was pretty great in those little flashes. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
YorkshireBlue 3,348 Posted June 26, 2025 Share Posted June 26, 2025 2 hours ago, Vesper said: Reading I mean coming from Germany Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
YorkshireBlue 3,348 Posted June 26, 2025 Share Posted June 26, 2025 2 hours ago, Pizy said: Another day of fuck all happening. Tomorrow we’ll get our daily “Chelsea and Dortmund had another good meeting on Gittens” and then fuck all will probably happen again. Then once we do finally sign him (for ridiculous money) who knows how long it’s going to take for our next target. I wouldn’t worry about that pal, doesn’t matter who we are linked with it goes down like a shit sandwich with the fan base, so if anything no news is good news Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mário César 1,502 Posted June 26, 2025 Share Posted June 26, 2025 9 minutes ago, Mhsc said: Very very many shit windows tbh. The unbelievable lost opportunity of the final 10 years of Roman's reign, when we still had spending power + wage power but overwhelmingly no clue how to do it or consistent approach with a proper director of football, repeatedly letting managers pick players instead etc. That approach looks almost hilariously prehistoric now but when it worked it was pretty great in those little flashes. no doubt about that and city become too stronger I think that UCL 2021 victory camuflated several years of bad management since carlo ancelotti title, we only archive 3 times (2014, 2015 and 2017) at least 80 poins in the league. this says a lot Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Vesper 31,142 Posted June 26, 2025 Share Posted June 26, 2025 Chelsea make further checks on Portuguese international defender Tomás Araújo Chelsea want an out and out centre back https://siphillipstalkschelsea.substack.com/p/sources-Chelsea-make-further-checks Chelsea are certainly not getting things done in the summer transfer market so far, but the plans continue. One of those plans is a new out and out centre back, and after missing out on signing Dean Huijsen, and Everton slapping a price tag that is still currently too high for Chelsea to pay to sign Jarrad Branthwaite, the club are looking into other options on the shortlist as well. Branthwaite is still a target, and we’re also still told not to rule out Marc Guehi yet even though he is now being courted by Liverpool as well. But per our SPTC sources, Chelsea have been making further checks on centre backs on their shortlist this week, and one of those names is Portuguese international Tomás Araújo of Benfica, although the 23-year-old only has 1 senior cap to his name so far. Araújo has been on Chelsea’s radar for some time now and the club have been scouting him this season. They’ve been drawing up those reports and making some more checks on the defender ahead of a potential move this summer. However, the conclusion reached was that Chelsea do not like the fact that Araújo has been playing a lot as a right back or a right wing-back - Chelsea want a pure centre back and have some concerns as to whether he fits that profile. In the season just gone, Araújo has played as a centre back 21 times, as a right back 20 times, and as a right wing-back 3 times. Chelsea do really like the player though, but we’d be surprised if they moved on him at this point due to this although he does remain an option. We’ve also heard about Murillo from Nottingham Forest coming back on our radar with The Blues making checks on his availability this summer. He’s been a long-term target on our centre back shortlist as well. Piero Hincapié of Leverkusen and Jorrel Hato of Ajax are also still on Chelsea’s shortlist, but we are not sure at the moment if any of those are being considered for a centre back role or more for the Marc Cucurella competition role - the latter is more likely. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Vesper 31,142 Posted June 26, 2025 Share Posted June 26, 2025 What’s going on with Rodrygo at Real Madrid? https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/6445808/2025/06/24/rodrygo-real-madrid-transfer-future/ Rodrygo’s name has rarely been out of the headlines in recent weeks. When the 24-year-old Brazilian started Real Madrid’s Club World Cup opener against Al Hilal on Wednesday — and assisted Madrid’s only goal in that 1-1 draw — it was his first appearance since being replaced at half-time of the Copa del Rey final against Barcelona on April 26. In those 53 days, speculation about Rodrygo’s situation and future escalated. There were doubts over the reasons for his absence along with rumours about a potential move to the Premier League, with Arsenal one of the clubs closely monitoring him. New coach Xabi Alonso seemed to bring some clarity last week — but then Rodrygo played no role in Madrid’s 3-1 win against Pachuca on Sunday. With his future up in the air, The Athletic explains what we are hearing about Rodrygo. After the Copa del Rey final, which Madrid lost 3-2 to Barca after extra time, a report in Spanish newspaper Marca suggested that Rodrygo had told Carlo Ancelotti’s coaching staff he “did not feel strong or in the mood to play” before that game. Multiple sources close to the club — who, like all those cited in this article, asked to remain anonymous to protect relationships — told The Athletic last season that Rodrygo sometimes lacks for motivation in training. The player’s entourage have always denied this. But it was those concerns which led to Ancelotti and Rodrygo agreeing that the winger would not be called up to the Italian’s first Brazil squad for World Cup qualifiers against Ecuador and Paraguay this month. Rodrygo and Ancelotti after the Intercontinental Cup final in December (Noushad Thekkayil/NurPhoto via Getty Images) After the Clasico cup final, Rodrygo was absent for the next game, against Celta Vigo in La Liga. Both the club and the player’s camp said this was due to a fever. A week later, Madrid visited Barca in their last attempt to keep Spain’s title race alive. Rodrygo travelled to the Catalan capital but did not play. Instead, the club’s reserve team winger Victor Munoz was given his senior debut in the 88th minute — which was particularly noteworthy given Ancelotti was not known for giving academy players many chances during his time at Madrid. Asked how Rodrygo was doing and how the situation was seen within the dressing room, one player told The Athletic, “I don’t know, he’s such a quiet player for his things.” After Madrid lost that Liga Clasico 4-3, Rodrygo started training with the group the day before their midweek game against Real Mallorca. But he then left for the dressing room during the 15 minutes of training open to the media, officially due to a physical problem. Top LALIGA Stories Real Madrid's £50m defender Dean Huijsen: The car crash, cultures and country that made him Nico Williams, Lamine Yamal and the faction of friends at Barcelona How Atletico missed out on a €40m opportunity with early Club World Cup exit “Rodrygo has a fever that has not allowed him to perform at his best,” Ancelotti said at that day’s news conference. “Today, during training, he had discomfort in his leg. I don’t know which leg. He was not feeling well and did not recover well from the fever.” On social media, meanwhile, Rodrygo responded with a message that read: “Thank you for the messages and concerns. I will be back soon. Stop creating things.” Rodrygo missed that game and the final two matches of La Liga, but Madrid did not issue a medical report — as they tend to do for players and which they did in October and November for two injuries suffered by the Brazilian. Rodrygo took advantage of the end of the league season to recover physically and mentally, travelling to Brazil to spend time with those close to him in Santos, the city whose club he was formed at. This is where his father and agent Eric Goes comes into the picture. In recent months, Eric has complained about his son’s situation to the club, which has not gone down well at various levels at Madrid. Alonso said his Madrid side would ‘need’ Rodrygo when speaking at his unveiling (Pedro Castillo/Real Madrid via Getty Images) Rodrygo’s father received and rejected approaches from a number of Premier League clubs through intermediaries. Teams were interested to know about Rodrygo’s situation and Arsenal were convinced they could offer him a sporting project where he could be at ease, playing on the left-hand side of attack but with the freedom to move around. He has regularly played on the right wing for Madrid, which is not his favoured position. Arsenal are prepared to wait to determine whether Rodrygo is definitely open to leaving or not — and whether Madrid are willing to sell. But the Premier League club are mindful they cannot afford to wait indefinitely. Rodrygo is one of several wide forwards who have been under discussion at Arsenal this summer, also including the likes of Newcastle United’s Anthony Gordon and Nico Williams of Bilbao’s Athletic Club — who The Athletic reported last week has agreed personal terms with Barcelona. Rodrygo wanted to talk to Alonso and the club before making any decision. On the day of the former Bayer Leverkusen coach’s presentation, he was asked if he had already spoken to the player. “No,” Alonso replied. “I’m going to have a conversation with all the players because they deserve it and we need it because we have to get to know each other. That he is a spectacular player is not for me to discover. We will need him.” When Rodrygo returned to training, sources at Madrid’s Valdebebas complex said his attitude had changed for the better. They added that Alonso was being highly attentive to him, showing respect to the player while demanding a lot from him. Those sources said that did not provide any guarantees that Rodrygo would stay this summer. On June 10, after Madrid’s first session with Alonso in charge, Rodrygo posted a message on social media which simply read, “HAPPY” in Spanish. https://www.instagram.com/rodrygogoes/ With Madrid having travelled to the United States, Alonso was asked in his press conference before the 1-1 draw with Al Hilal whether he had spoken to Rodrygo and knew what had recently happened with him. “I can tell you to a point,” he said. “I know what happened, that the end of the season was not easy for him. He took some time that was good for him, to reset his head. We talked from day one and I see him looking forward to enjoying himself with his quality.” The next day, and with Kylian Mbappe out of the squad due to a fever, Rodrygo started in attack alongside Vinicius Junior and academy striker Gonzalo Garcia. He took his opportunity, assisting Gonzalo in an otherwise disappointing draw. It was a quietly encouraging start for Rodrygo under Alonso, even if his right-hand partnership with new signing Trent Alexander-Arnold did create problems for Madrid in defence. And his absence against Pachuca only fuelled greater speculation over his future — Gonzalo, Arda Guler, Brahim Diaz and youngster Munoz were all given minutes ahead of him. Alonso was not asked about Rodrygo in his post-match news conference. It all means that Rodrygo’s future remains as unclear as ever. What is certain is that his situation is worth monitoring this summer. (Top photo: Rodrygo during the match against Al Hilal; Robbie Jay Barratt – AMA/Getty Images) Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Thor 2,832 Posted June 27, 2025 Share Posted June 27, 2025 6 hours ago, YorkshireBlue said: Kinda feels like gittens is getting a lot of unjust hate and I don’t believe for a second most of it is from people who have spent time watching him play, more the fact he’s from Germany So much this. People were willing to see the club spend more on Nico Williams who is statistically worse in every category compared to Gittens. All this while Gittens has had a pretty intrerupted season all around. I'd love to see us get Fofana done as well, but lets see. Need a LW and a CB imo. A budget LB would be nice too. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Vesper 31,142 Posted June 27, 2025 Share Posted June 27, 2025 1 hour ago, Thor said: People were willing to see the club spend more on Nico Williams no most were against buying him Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bigbluewillie 1,983 Posted June 27, 2025 Share Posted June 27, 2025 6 hours ago, Laylabelle said: That would make sense...and how we used to do it. Just bit crap seeing clubs such as Liverpool who were strong enough as it was get their work done ASAP. But way we seem to do it is drag it out then it falls through and then ooo window is closed now..or closing so its panic panic and end up with someone random who adds sod all for a stupid price Three of the top four are doing their business early, while the fourth [us] fucking flounder about, not knowing what the fuck to do. Where's the CB? we need, where's the GK? we need, where's the established CF? we need Vesper 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now