Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Have seen various videos/clips from Villarreal games last season and don’t see anything there that makes me think he is going to be a huge upgrade on Sanchez or the long term number 1. He is maybe going to be our number 1 but I don’t get the feeling he’s solving the problem in the long term. Thats what scares me more. It seems to be chop and change as opposed to identifying the right GK from the get go. Theres no way Sanchez was that signing either last summer. Just panicking and buying players for the sake of it.

Like KDH for me, another player who doesn’t necessarily upgrade on what we have but likely will fit the managers philosophy more - distribution wise mainly for Jorgensen and maybe KDH profile for us is different to what we have but again I am 100% not buying one season in the championship as some sort of barometer that he will be a success here after doing nothing of note in 2 PL seasons. He will be a squad player at best. 

Quality wise, if Jorgensen isn’t going to be an improvement ovet Sanchez in terms of shot stopping - particularly playing behind this defence based on what we’ve seen so far - then that is another issue in its own right (as it was with Sanchez & Petrovic last season).

Like one of the big themes I noticed from a lot of the videos of Jorgensen is that he tends to push the ball out into dangerous areas when he makes saves at times. His distribution does look impressive which is mainly why he’s been brought in I feel. He is quick off his line also. 

He saved more shots last season than Sanchez and petro combined if that helps at all 🤣

Edited by YorkshireBlue

56 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

He saved more shots last season than Sanchez and petro combined if that helps at all 🤣

You don't know bro. I saw a 2 minute clip on Youtube - and he isn't good enough. End of story. 

While I never rated him high, I always thought his love for Chelsea can't be contested unlike that fraud Money but it's looking more and more he is made of the same breed, doesn't accept new offer with big wages, which he doesn't deserve anyways, now actively trying to fuck us over and leave for free. We already losing money even if he goes to Atletico because Aston Villa offer was bigger but if he ends up staying as well, hope he is sent to play with the kids.

Edited by TheHulk

6 hours ago, TheHulk said:

While I never rated him high, I always thought his love for Chelsea can't be contested unlike that fraud Money but it's looking more and more he is made of the same breed, doesn't accept new offer with big wages, which he doesn't deserve anyways, now actively trying to fuck us over and leave for free. We already losing money even if he goes to Atletico because Aston Villa offer was bigger but if he ends up staying as well, hope he is sent to play with the kids.

If this is true - I don't think the source is great. Then I suspect that the length of the deal is the issue. It is essentially a equity preservation deal as it only extends him to three years, which will means 6-12 months (maybe) of no media speculation/the club actively trying to move him on, then it all starts over again. 

For me, people need to be a bit more realistic when it comes to footballer contracts. In the end, all of them - even for players who feel strongly for their club -- will come down to terms. 

From my perspective if my employer clearly never valued me, tried numerous times to try and push me to go elsewhere, then tried to get me to sign up when they thought there was something in it for them, then I would also be of the mind of 'pay me properly, with real assurances, or I will fuck you back'. 

7 hours ago, YorkshireBlue said:

True but in a team that conceded the most chances/shots IIRC. If he is better than Sanchez & Petrovic its a start but just get the feeling he is going to be another guy we eventually upgrade on. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

16 hours ago, LAM09 said:

EMR played 13 league games last season and did not score a goal. Gallagher, on the other hand, played 37 league games, scored five goals, and is an English INT player.

Are you telling me that one year puts them on par in terms of value?

Also, our asking price is €35m~. Crazy!

We tried to sell him for a decent price but he didn’t move. Now we sell him this month or risk getting nothing. How are people believing we will get any more money for Connor? There is no market 

20 minutes ago, Strike said:

We tried to sell him for a decent price but he didn’t move. Now we sell him this month or risk getting nothing. How are people believing we will get any more money for Connor? There is no market 

Well tbf, it looks like the club offered him a one year extension plus an optional year. That is piss take after the way he got his head down since he came back and the way we go around buying no marks and giving them long contracts for big fees.  

Do not blame him at all if he runs down his contract now. Clownlake at its finest on display in this situation.

11 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Yeah, it definitely seems to me like Gallagher is going to reject everyhting and fuck us over here. 

I don't blame him tbh. If the club don't value or respect you why should you do them any favours?

I'd 100% do the same. He can get a HUGE signing fee in a years time and go onto huge wages that will set him up for life, or force the club to make him a proper contract offer that will do similar and keep him at the club he fundamentally wants to be at.

Feels very different to the Mason Mount situation given he was offered a very long deal on tonnes of money and it wasn't enough for him and he thought he was literally the dogs bollocks and had no real interest in staying at Chelsea except for money and couldn't wait to get out. Gallagher's stance has been exactly correct (whether it is true or not who knows): this is the club I love and I just want to stay and be part of it, offer me a long term deal on par with my peers and you'll have my loyalty forever.

Honestly Chelsea boys like Gallagher and Chalobah I just wish the best for them personally man they've done nothing but be servants for the club and represented us with pride since they were kids, living the dream that lots of us had growing up following Chels. Neither of them out there trying to build some kind of brand for themselves or think they're bigger than the club. They just want what is fair.

3 hours ago, King Kante said:

Well tbf, it looks like the club offered him a one year extension plus an optional year. That is piss take after the way he got his head down since he came back and the way we go around buying no marks and giving them long contracts for big fees.  

Do not blame him at all if he runs down his contract now. Clownlake at its finest on display in this situation.

They apparently did the same to Mount after he rejected a longer term deal also so they could try generate a higher fee with a daft contract extension offer of like a 1 or 2 year deal. Connors scenario is different as it isn’t financially driven though. Can tell he has genuinely wanted to stay for longer than 12 months now based on all the talk and his actions last season.

In a squad where most players between 18-24 are getting 5+ year deals minimum, a 2 year deal with option of another season probably indicates that the club will continue to try sell him. If he was part of long term plan why not offer him a longer deal? 

Irrespective of what people think of him and Chalobah too, seems the club are literally doing their utmost to push them out of the door purely for profit. Which other club would you see 2 academy graduates who could definitely have a part here in some capacity, even as squad players, being so actively pushed out the door? 

This mentality the new ownership group and sporting directors have shown with this is certainly questionable. Looks like there is no loyalty or respect to players who have come through the system. Which is going to filter down to other academy players - even with Omari leaving also.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Yeah, it definitely seems to me like Gallagher is going to reject everyhting and fuck us over here. 

Woukd you accept a 2+1 year contract here? Particularly aged 24 when everyone else seems to be getting 5+ year deals as a minimum?

After all the talk the club are actively looking to sell you for the past 12+ months? Lets not forget the club also tried to sell him to Everton last January.

The 2+1 deal just gives the club a chance to ask for more £ to sell him, that is clearly the objective. But yes lets spin it and say the player is trying to fuck us over… 

Edited by OneMoSalah

45 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

I don't blame him tbh. If the club don't value or respect you why should you do them any favours?

I'd 100% do the same. He can get a HUGE signing fee in a years time and go onto huge wages that will set him up for life, or force the club to make him a proper contract offer that will do similar and keep him at the club he fundamentally wants to be at.

Feels very different to the Mason Mount situation given he was offered a very long deal on tonnes of money and it wasn't enough for him and he thought he was literally the dogs bollocks and had no real interest in staying at Chelsea except for money and couldn't wait to get out. Gallagher's stance has been exactly correct (whether it is true or not who knows): this is the club I love and I just want to stay and be part of it, offer me a long term deal on par with my peers and you'll have my loyalty forever.

Honestly Chelsea boys like Gallagher and Chalobah I just wish the best for them personally man they've done nothing but be servants for the club and represented us with pride since they were kids, living the dream that lots of us had growing up following Chels. Neither of them out there trying to build some kind of brand for themselves or think they're bigger than the club. They just want what is fair.

1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

They apparently did the same to Mount after he rejected a longer term deal also so they could try generate a higher fee with a daft contract extension offer of like a 1 or 2 year deal. Connors scenario is different as it isn’t financially driven though. Can tell he has genuinely wanted to stay for longer than 12 months now based on all the talk and his actions last season.

In a squad where most players between 18-24 are getting 5+ year deals minimum, a 2 year deal with option of another season probably indicates that the club will continue to try sell him. If he was part of long term plan why not offer him a longer deal? 

Irrespective of what people think of him and Chalobah too, seems the club are literally doing their utmost to push them out of the door purely for profit. Which other club would you see 2 academy graduates who could definitely have a part here in some capacity, even as squad players, being so actively pushed out the door? 

This mentality the new ownership group and sporting directors have shown with this is certainly questionable. Looks like there is no loyalty or respect to players who have come through the system.

Woukd you accept a 2+1 year contract here? Particularly aged 24 when everyone else seems to be getting 5+ year deals as a minimum?

After all the talk the club are actively looking to sell you for the past 12+ months? Lets not forget the club also tried to sell him to Everton last January.

The 2+1 deal just gives the club a chance to ask for more £ to sell him, that is clearly the objective. But yes lets spin it and say the player is trying to fuck us over… 

If the manager came in and told me “mate, you’re a great player and I like you but you’re not in my plans and I’m going a different direction,” I would be really sad and disappointed but then I’d seek out the best destination for myself straight away. Instead, he may just run his contract down and waste an entire season likely not playing at all? In his prime years?

I mean, yeah, from a financial POV it’s beneficial for him. But to waste an entire season being a bit part player who will probably only see action in the Conference League is silly. Especially if he wants to stay in the picture for the national team where his place is already tenuous. 

47 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

They gave him wages on par with the highest earners in midfield, how is that disrespecting him?    

4 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

A bit different when the rest of the players are new signings and the club is only giving them 5+ year deals for accounting purposes. 

Being 24 and getting a 3 year deal is actually better for the player as they'll be a free agent at 26/27 (which in most cases is the start of your career peak, especially for midfielders).   He's not a top tier talent like Reece or Colwill.  

Just now, Pizy said:

Especially if he wants to stay in the picture for the national team where his place is already tenuous. 

His England national team chances will only get worse depending upon who takes over from Southgate.  Declan & Mainoo are going to be the starting mids for years, and then you got Wharton who will continue to develop and there's plenty of U-21 talent as well. 

54 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

If they were happy to be squad players, I'm sure it would have worked out for player and club.   Both of them are limited players in their respective positions. 

4 hours ago, King Kante said:

From my perspective if my employer clearly never valued me, tried numerous times to try and push me to go elsewhere, then tried to get me to sign up when they thought there was something in it for them, then I would also be of the mind of 'pay me properly, with real assurances, or I will fuck you back'. 

Seems like that's what the club did...offered him bumper wages on a shorter deal? 

You would think even Gallagher would see the picture with so much younger talent around the team and on loan/development....that his minutes would come down in the next 2 seasons. 

3 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

They gave him wages on par with the highest earners in midfield, how is that disrespecting him?    

A bit different when the rest of the players are new signings and the club is only giving them 5+ year deals for accounting purposes. 

Being 24 and getting a 3 year deal is actually better for the player as they'll be a free agent at 26/27 (which in most cases is the start of your career peak, especially for midfielders).   He's not a top tier talent like Reece or Colwill.  

His England national team chances will only get worse depending upon who takes over from Southgate.  Declan & Mainoo are going to be the starting mids for years, and then you got Wharton who will continue to develop and there's plenty of U-21 talent as well. 

Do you actually believe that? The deal put to him is all about the club protecting his transfer value and they will continue to push him to the door. His decision is really, do I sign and allow Clearlake take a bigger fee for me, or do I run it out and take the fee Clearlake would get for me of I sign? 

Making out him signing the new deal would mean the club would stop trying to sell him is either incredibly naive or disingenuous. If anything, him signing a deal like that would increase thwir intensity of pushing him towards the door. 

6 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

If he goes to a big club like Atleti and is an important player for a CL and league challenging side he can lock down an England place. If he stays here and has a season off basically he’s probably never getting back into the England side.

Just now, King Kante said:

Do you actually believe that? The deal put to him is all about the club protecting his transfer value and they will continue to push him to the door. His decision is really, do I sign and allow Clearlake take a bigger fee for me, or do I run it out and take the fee Clearlake would get for me of I sign? 

Making out him signing the new deal would mean the club would stop trying to sell him is either incredibly naive or disingenuous. If anything, him signing a deal like that would increase thwir intensity of pushing him towards the door. 

Could he not sign the new deal (take the nice wage packet) and then ask to leave in the next transfer window?

At least that way he gets to train and keep his fitness rather than being stuck in the reserves for a whole season until he walks out on a free