Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

5 minutes ago, mkh said:

Manchester United are considering  making a move for Ben Chilwell as he is not seen as a good fit for Maresca’s system at Chelsea.

[@SamiMokbel81_DM]

Ten Hag seems to love players with respectable injury history and shiftly changing form, considering these he would really fit Manchester United better.

Few days ago there were Marcos Alonso rumours aswell, that'd be funnier though.

14 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

Ten Hag seems to love players with respectable injury history and shiftly changing form, considering these he would really fit Manchester United better.

Few days ago there were Marcos Alonso rumours aswell, that'd be funnier though.

tbF, they may actually improve having Alonso as their #9. 😅

Sounds like Gallagher to Atleti is far from a sure thing even if we and Atleti agree on a fee. He might not fancy it and then we’re fucked out of getting any fee at all for him when he walks this time next year.

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Sounds like Gallagher to Atleti is far from a sure thing even if we and Atleti agree on a fee. He might not fancy it and then we’re fucked out of getting any fee at all for him when he walks this time next year.

With a year left on your contract it has to be very tempting to see it out. He could make a literal fortune in a years time.

23 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

With a year left on your contract it has to be very tempting to see it out. He could make a literal fortune in a years time.

True. But will he be cool wasting away on our bench for a whole season? By the time next summer rolls around there will be a new batch of exciting midfielders coming off of great seasons that other big PL clubs will fancy and he may not have the ideal place to go.

After having their first offer of 18 million euros (5M fixed + 13M triggers) turned down, Chelsea have made a new bid for 16-year-old Gabriel Mec, from the Gremista youth team.

The English club has increased the fixed amount to 7 million euros along with 13 million euros in variables, totalling 20 million euros. The triggers in this new proposal are easier for the player to reach. In addition, Grêmio would retain a percentage of the player's economic rights - between 10 and 15 per cent.

via@Kaliel_Dorneles

8 hours ago, mkh said:

Chelsea are close to agreeing a deal with Genk for Mike Penders.

The Blues are offering more than €20m package with a percentage on the future resale.

Genk now working on details to make the deal happen after getting an agreement in principle with BlueCo side.

~ @sachatavolieri

Although neither of them were happy here, and one barely played for us, we signed a couple of world class players from Genk. It can't happen again can it?

3 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

I don't see other clubs fighting for 'our best CB'

Says more about the quality of our CB's. Even Trev 'fans' like me know his limitations, it is just his limitations aren't as bad as most of the others and his passing is underrated by most (not saying it is spectacular.)

The only thing that I have taken as a real positive this pre-season is that Disaster hasn't played at all. Hopefully, this indicates Enzo has realised he is a dud from the off. 

Edited by King Kante

11 hours ago, Pizy said:

That teenaged goalkeeper we’re linked with Mike Penders from Genk just started following us in IG so that’s clearly a done deal. Most expensive fee ever paid for a Belgian keeper apparently and this dude has only ONE senior appearance I’m reading?!

We must genuinely think this kid is Courtois regen.

Yeah last year he played in the youth team in Belgian second division.

I assume we are scouting him for a long time, cause 20m is a lot of money for unproven goalie.

I wonder if we are also scouting Karetsas, this young (16) Belgian/Greek could be a real gem. 2 years ago he rejected City and Ajax to join Genk from Anderlecht and will be first team member this year.

13 hours ago, robsblubot said:

I have a hard time with this argument regarding numbers alone. I mean take aside any personal take on both players (I think Mount is a lot of more skillful and plays in a different role too), but accomplishments alone should make you pause when making this comparison IMO.
One can say that Conor has time to accomplish the same, but it's a very tall order given Mount's numbers in that CL run.

I'm OK with Conor leaving tbh. The fee does seem low esp for nowadays.

Last year of contract and fees have dropped this summer - The market is not what it was in 2022 or 2023. Everyone is being mindful of PSR 

16 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Smith Rowe off to Fulham for around the same money. You just have to laugh at times.

Smith Rowe had 2 years left on his deal. Gallagher has 1.

I can see Villa or Spurs matching Atletico's offer this week though. 35m pounds