Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

5 hours ago, Mhsc said:

What do we even need aside from a Gusto-esque find for LB and a ball playing GK if you (bravely) ignore injury records of our players? I don't really see much need anywhere. Squad is pretty built out.

Would be nice to not go crazy and just make 1-2 signings for the XI, keep the group together and go into next year with a group of players we can continue to bond with and see as Chelsea lads. All of the chopping and changing at the club has left me feeling quite disconnected with it compared to the old days.

CBs!!! Number one need.

Especially with Thiago and very likely Trevoh gone.

We have Colwill.

Fofana is very likely perma wrecked.

The rest are youth or shit.

3 hours ago, bluesman2610 said:

The more I see of him the more I'd love to see him play with Nkunku and Palmer.

I like him as a prospect, he is going to be a problem once he realizes he is 6'5 and uses is size. 

4 hours ago, TheHulk said:

Newcastle have also offered him a contract. Between us and them now. 

I was thinking one CB would be enough to replace Thiago and Chalobah. 

There is Fofana, Disasi, Colwill, Badiashile, Gilchrist

and we have Reece and Cucu able to play in central defense roles

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Strike said:

Newcastle have also offered him a contract. Between us and them now. 

I was thinking one CB would be enough to replace Thiago and Chalobah. 

There is Fofana, Disasi, Colwill, Badiashile, Gilchrist

and we have Reece and Cucu able to play in central defense roles

It depends if you assume Fofana's career is simply over or not, in which case he is perhaps worst signing in premier league history.

If he can recover finally and still have a serious career, I'm not sure we need to sign anybody at all. Certainly in the old days when we were winning with 4 ATB we would never have stacked so many CBs as far as I recall. But what we did always have was one senior experienced pro who was the leader in the backline, which we don't have right now, so you could argue we need 1 CB in his prime who is 25+ and I would buy that.

Could certainly argue suddenly signing VVD transformed and kicked off Liverpool's turnaround and era of success and that we are missing such a player.

But for me it should be 1 CB max unless we're clearing house, which I don't really want us to do (as I mentioned, we've done so much chopping and changing I see real value in holding the group together as much as possible)

Also, I think our CBs will look transformed under Enzo. Poch-ball left them exposed a LOT more than Enzo will.

Edited by Mhsc

21 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

It depends if you assume Fofana's career is simply over or not, in which case he is perhaps worst signing in premier league history.

If he can recover finally and still have a serious career, I'm not sure we need to sign anybody at all. Certainly in the old days when we were winning with 4 ATB we would never have stacked so many CBs as far as I recall. But what we did always have was one senior experienced pro who was the leader in the backline, which we don't have right now, so you could argue we need 1 CB in his prime who is 25+ and I would buy that.

Could certainly argue suddenly signing VVD transformed and kicked off Liverpool's turnaround and era of success and that we are missing such a player.

But for me it should be 1 CB max unless we're clearing house, which I don't really want us to do (as I mentioned, we've done so much chopping and changing I see real value in holding the group together as much as possible)

Also, I think our CBs will look transformed under Enzo. Poch-ball left them exposed a LOT more than Enzo will.

I agree. The one CB in his prime who is 25+ and a leader is not Tosin from Fulham. Another signing will be needed. 

It's crazy - the kind of turnover we have seen at CB - a part of the pitch that ideally needs to be the most stable