Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

24 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Not that o actually care that much about yet another teenager who may be years away from being first team ready, but I wonder what the deal is with Estevao. Thought it was a done deal and was supposed to be announced a week ago?

With these types of deals, the delay is probably due to family related payments. 

27 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Not that o actually care that much about yet another teenager who may be years away from being first team ready, but I wonder what the deal is with Estevao. Thought it was a done deal and was supposed to be announced a week ago?

I don't expect that deal to conclude anytime soon, there will be third party payments, agents and many other people involved. 

And then there's other clubs like PSG who could swoop in last minute (and it would make sense to get the next wonderkid with Mbappe no longer there). 

4 hours ago, TheHulk said:

Get Mamardashvili.

Right call to get in a new GK. How are these two keepers with their ball-playing? 

Why Chelsea should sign Benjamin Sesko

Along with his similarities to Drogba from a physical and stylistic perspective, the 20-year-old star is also a prolific goalscorer who has the potential to be a lethal finisher for the incoming Blues boss.

The Chelsea target plundered a whopping 16 goals in 23 Austrian Bundesliga starts for RB Salzburg last season before his move to Leipzig ahead of the current campaign.

He followed that up with a return of 18 goals and two assists in 42 appearances in all competitions for the German side, despite not earning himself a spot as a regular starter until the second half of the term.

Sesko only started 17 of his 31 matches in the Bundesliga for Leipzig but still managed to rack up an impressive tally of 14 goals in his first year in a major European league.

1 minute ago, Thor said:

Tosin in, Chalobah out is pretty smart business. 

Profit and get a home grown in. Similar level of player as well IMO with both being solid backups. 

Agreed. For me Tosin looks better than Trev, though. Much more physically imposing and MUCH better forward passer.

Take sentiment out of it and Trev is merely a solid squad option for us. We need a beast of a CB to come in.

18 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Agreed. For me Tosin looks better than Trev, though. Much more physically imposing and MUCH better forward passer.

Take sentiment out of it and Trev is merely a solid squad option for us. We need a beast of a CB to come in.

My mate is a Fulham fan and watches every game. On Tosin he told me that 'There are times when he is on the ball you think he may be Beckenbauer, but he has too many Titus Bramble moments in losing people to simple runs to ever be an elite player'. 

That to me sounds like a ball playing Disaster type player - not sure I want another CB who cannot track simple runs. 

Reading that Broja wouldn't mind Saudi, if so, sounds like someone who knows their knee is gone. Sad as he was rapid once upon a time, same as CHO, both lost their speed with injuries.

Maresca now is like getting Sarri from Empoli after promotion which Napoli did. And similar football. 

Also if he likes ball playing GK that should put Kepa ahead of Petrovic and Sanchez. 

37 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Maresca now is like getting Sarri from Empoli after promotion which Napoli did. And similar football. 

Also if he likes ball playing GK that should put Kepa ahead of Petrovic and Sanchez. 

we need to offload kepa and sanchez