Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

On 16/12/2023 at 02:18, OneMoSalah said:

We must need money to reinvest into the squad. Can’t see any other way we are entertaining selling him unless thats the case.

Seems a bit short signed from the club if that's the case?   Similar to when we had Rudiger/Christensen/Tomori/Guehi developing on loan....and then we somehow lost all of them. 

There's noone available and we can't spend that much money again. We must surely be in breach of FFP rules at the moment. We have to keep on trying with maybe a player in the championship or in the youth teams, I don't rate Jackson or Broja much but I dont want the club to spend a fortune either and waste more money .

28 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Injuries are destroying European football

there needs to be something drastic done

too many fuckig games and the BOOTS are fucked

Nothing is being done 

a new month long tournament has been announced for June 2025. Club World Cup new format. It’s good money for the club but how will they convince players to play in the one summer where there’s no major tournament ?

3 hours ago, Fernando said:

That is not good, how they want to build a good relationship long term with manager when they are not listening to the input of manager. 

It's really difficult to know, from the outside, how Poch and the club rate Gallagher. The manager will always praise his player when commenting transfer and whatnot, but what they think internally might be a completely different story.

My personal stance regarding him remains the same: I'm not sure he's good enough at this level.

Heard a joke from an old school manager (in Brazil) once which went like this, "a poor player who runs a lot and is always involved just means that the better player have less of the ball."

2 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Heard a joke from an old school manager (in Brazil) once which went like this, "a poor player who runs a lot and is always involved just means that the better player have less of the ball."

How come you didn't have that opinion about Mount? I see majority think they are similar players. 

Just now, NikkiCFC said:

How come you didn't have that opinion about Mount? I see majority think they are similar players. 

Different position. Mount wasn't, in my view, always involved in the game like Gallagher is. Simply because Gallagher plays in a central position.

I also rate Mount much higher skill wise. He has quick feet, and can work in tight spaces, something Gallagher can't do--at least so far hasn't shown he can.

Mount to me was akin to Oscar in some ways, but he also had more attacking output (as shown in numbers) in his good seasons. We can discuss where his form is going, which is definitely debatable, but I saw what I saw. Folks may not like the workhorse attacking player type, but I usually spot them in silverware photos.

17 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

It's really difficult to know, from the outside, how Poch and the club rate Gallagher. The manager will always praise his player when commenting transfer and whatnot, but what they think internally might be a completely different story.

My personal stance regarding him remains the same: I'm not sure he's good enough at this level.

But actions speaks louder then word. Gallagher is almost always number 1. So I think that statement from him is very telling. 

And he might be a workhorse but that is what Mount was and when he did it we reap the rewards. 

So I don't mind someone like that especially being from the academy and that loves Chelsea....unless you tell me a team puts 100 million on the table, then I would sell. 

Edited by Fernando

8 minutes ago, Fernando said:

But actions speaks louder then word. Gallagher is almost always number 1. So I think that statement from him is very telling. 

And he might be a workhorse but that is what Mount was and when he did it we reap the rewards. 

So I don't mind someone like that especially being from the academy and that loves Chelsea....unless you tell me a team puts 100 million on the table, then I would sell. 

Yeah it's likely there is some truth to it. There is also a possibility of, "well, considering what I've got, Gallagher is key." So, it's all very relative. Had Kova and Kante been here and fit and Gallagher wouldn't see a whole lot of playtime, for ex.

Yeah I don't see Gallagher as a throwaway player in any way. I can see why the mount comparisons, but it's akin to saying Caicedo is like Mount because he's a workhorse.

I think a rounded winger with good skill *and* high work rate is a rarer player than a center mid like Gallagher, but that's just me.