Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

4 hours ago, TheHulk said:

If we spend anywhere near this figure for him, we're completely finished.

We paid as much for the feckless Caicedo who  is not even half as gifted technically or physically as Osimhen. While I am not a fan of these mega buys anyway and not 100% sold on Osimhen, a proven world class striker in his prime  in the 24 to 27 age bracket (which apparently many think Osimhen is) should surely warrant that price tag more than any other. 

Why Chelsea have decided not to rival PSG for Gabriel Moscardo

Gabriel Moscardo is looking likely to join PSG, who are making progress on a deal. Moscardo and Corinthians don’t really want a January exit, but that won’t prevent a transfer if the 18-year-old is signed then loaned back.

Luis Campos has already confirmed Moscardo is on PSG’s radar. At the time of writing nothing is done, but PSG have been optimistic since late November.

Chelsea actually had a bid for Moscardo rejected over the summer, and they are getting a bit of a reputation for trying for pretty much every top Brazilian in the industry.

Liverpool have also been out scouting thoroughly in Brazil recently. It’s a priority market right now for many top clubs.

Chelsea have, as it stands, decided not to rival PSG for Moscardo. We heard some reports in Brazil saying a deal was done to take Moscardo to Stamford Bridge, but this was firmly denied by those close to both the player and Chelsea.

Chelsea know they have to be a bit more economical now with transfers, especially if they want to move for an elite striker. Perhaps Moscardo was the kind of deal they would have pushed more aggressively last January, but the priority now is outgoings, to keep the squad size the same or get it smaller, and to get a bit more proven talent for the second half of the season. That’s why PSG should now have a relatively clear run to get Moscardo over the line.

Benoit Badiashile’s departure from Chelsea looks far from straightforward

https://thedailybriefing.io/i/139777437/benoit-badiashiles-departure-from-Chelsea-looks-far-from-straightforward

Somewhat surprisingly, we’re already seeing Benoit Badiashile being linked with a move away from Chelsea, less than a year since he joined from Monaco. There’s no doubt he’s struggled a bit, but it’s also the reality that he’s one of a number of players at Chelsea who’s tied into a very long-term contract.

Despite links with the likes of AC Milan, that puts Chelsea in a very strong position if anybody wants to come in and try to prise him away. Based on that contract situation and how he’s played at Chelsea so far, I don’t think he’ll necessarily be seen as a very attractive prospect for a lot of clubs. Perhaps there would be potential for a loan with a view to buying, but if he’s not starting a lot of games and he’s not excelling at Stamford Bridge then it’s hard to imagine him being a very attractive prospect at the kind of price that Chelsea would presumably demand.

It’s not the easiest environment at Chelsea right now and it seems like Badiashile would benefit more from being in the kind of environment he was in at Monaco. There’s simply no guarantee now that he’s going to get a lot of minutes now that Chelsea remain in a delicate situation in mid-table and Mauricio Pochettino is under so much pressure to get the team back in contention for a place in Europe.

It’s interesting to see these Badiashile rumours surface less than a year after his arrival, but his contractual situation looks potentially like a significant stumbling block, and one that could bind him to Chelsea for a few more years. It might be that he’ll come to regret that decision when he could’ve been better off playing more football elsewhere.

9 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

We paid as much for the feckless Caicedo who  is not even half as gifted technically or physically as Osimhen. While I am not a fan of these mega buys anyway and not 100% sold on Osimhen, a proven world class striker in his prime  in the 24 to 27 age bracket (which apparently many think Osimhen is) should surely warrant that price tag more than any other. 

I highly doubt we'd be able to get Osimhen to Chelsea without European football.   He's not going to come here and play for a rubbish side that will very likely finish 10th or worse in the league this season. 

11 hours ago, Vesper said:

Why Chelsea have decided not to rival PSG for Gabriel Moscardo

Gabriel Moscardo is looking likely to join PSG, who are making progress on a deal. Moscardo and Corinthians don’t really want a January exit, but that won’t prevent a transfer if the 18-year-old is signed then loaned back.

Luis Campos has already confirmed Moscardo is on PSG’s radar. At the time of writing nothing is done, but PSG have been optimistic since late November.

Chelsea actually had a bid for Moscardo rejected over the summer, and they are getting a bit of a reputation for trying for pretty much every top Brazilian in the industry.

Liverpool have also been out scouting thoroughly in Brazil recently. It’s a priority market right now for many top clubs.

Chelsea have, as it stands, decided not to rival PSG for Moscardo. We heard some reports in Brazil saying a deal was done to take Moscardo to Stamford Bridge, but this was firmly denied by those close to both the player and Chelsea.

Chelsea know they have to be a bit more economical now with transfers, especially if they want to move for an elite striker. Perhaps Moscardo was the kind of deal they would have pushed more aggressively last January, but the priority now is outgoings, to keep the squad size the same or get it smaller, and to get a bit more proven talent for the second half of the season. That’s why PSG should now have a relatively clear run to get Moscardo over the line.

Watch him turn out way better than anyone we bought 

On 14/12/2023 at 13:33, nyikolajevics said:

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1844436/Chelsea-transfer-news-Mauricio-Pochettino-January-Disasi

According to Express, we are ready to ace 7 players next month:

Disasi, Cucurella, Gusto, Madueke, Broja, Chalobah and Maatsen.

They can all go. Horrible, awful players.. 

Would 100% keep Cucurella tbf. He has improved a lot with Poch for me and is a more than capable solid 2nd choice despite what many think. Not his fault Boehly spunked his load thinking he was the man and Brighton lapped it up - like they did again with Moises and Benfica did with Enzo.

Maybe Gusto & Broja too but if there are good offers thats up to the club. 

16 hours ago, Vesper said:

Benoit Badiashile’s departure from Chelsea looks far from straightforward

https://thedailybriefing.io/i/139777437/benoit-badiashiles-departure-from-Chelsea-looks-far-from-straightforward

Somewhat surprisingly, we’re already seeing Benoit Badiashile being linked with a move away from Chelsea, less than a year since he joined from Monaco. There’s no doubt he’s struggled a bit, but it’s also the reality that he’s one of a number of players at Chelsea who’s tied into a very long-term contract.

Despite links with the likes of AC Milan, that puts Chelsea in a very strong position if anybody wants to come in and try to prise him away. Based on that contract situation and how he’s played at Chelsea so far, I don’t think he’ll necessarily be seen as a very attractive prospect for a lot of clubs. Perhaps there would be potential for a loan with a view to buying, but if he’s not starting a lot of games and he’s not excelling at Stamford Bridge then it’s hard to imagine him being a very attractive prospect at the kind of price that Chelsea would presumably demand.

It’s not the easiest environment at Chelsea right now and it seems like Badiashile would benefit more from being in the kind of environment he was in at Monaco. There’s simply no guarantee now that he’s going to get a lot of minutes now that Chelsea remain in a delicate situation in mid-table and Mauricio Pochettino is under so much pressure to get the team back in contention for a place in Europe.

It’s interesting to see these Badiashile rumours surface less than a year after his arrival, but his contractual situation looks potentially like a significant stumbling block, and one that could bind him to Chelsea for a few more years. It might be that he’ll come to regret that decision when he could’ve been better off playing more football elsewhere.

Why would the club even entertain the idea of selling Badiashile? To me he looked quite good whenever he's played, even during the cluster fuck of the 22/23 season. Maybe he's a bit rash at times but I for one have really liked his aggressive playing style.

He just got dealt a bad hand when he got injured and missed out on the entirety of pre-season and was always going to play catch-up when he got back to match fitness. Granted he's more of an LCB rather than the role Silva plays on the right side of the central defense but still with Silva pushing 40 it would be bizarre to lose BB now and selling him would just force us back on the CB market once again for absolutely no reason.

2 minutes ago, Jype said:

Why would the club even entertain the idea of selling Badiashile? To me he looked quite good whenever he's played, even during the cluster fuck of the 22/23 season. Maybe he's a bit rash at times but I for one have really liked his aggressive playing style.

He just got dealt a bad hand when he got injured and missed out on the entirety of pre-season and was always going to play catch-up when he got back to match fitness. Granted he's more of an LCB rather than the role Silva plays on the right side of the central defense but still with Silva pushing 40 it would be bizarre to lose BB now and selling him would just force us back on the CB market once again for absolutely no reason.

We must need money to reinvest into the squad. Can’t see any other way we are entertaining selling him unless thats the case.

3 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Nah its silly season. More FFP scaremongering because it'll get clicks. 

Romano just said the only CB we are selling is Chalobah. 

2 points:

that article is from Romano

I do not think we should sell Badi

https://thedailybriefing.io/i/139777647/borussia-dortmund

I don’t think Borussia Dortmund is the favoured target of Serhou Guirassy. He would like to join the Premier League. The VfB Stuttgart forward has a release clause of €17.5m, and what is interesting is that Stuttgart wanted to buy this clause but he rejected the opportunity. He’s now pushing for a transfer, so it’s very likely that Manchester United and Newcastle are now the favourites to land the player.

Talks were had between Donyell Malen’s representatives and Dortmund over his future since he changed agents and the club isn’t confident in Malen. He can leave the club for €30m, so if there is interest from the Premier League, they would talk with any interested club. He’s up for sale in January.

On 14/12/2023 at 14:33, nyikolajevics said:

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1844436/Chelsea-transfer-news-Mauricio-Pochettino-January-Disasi

According to Express, we are ready to ace 7 players next month:

Disasi, Cucurella, Gusto, Madueke, Broja, Chalobah and Maatsen.

They can all go. Horrible, awful players.. 

Take Gusto off that list. Do not sell IMHO.

That leaves every player on the list as someone who I said NO to (or sell if academy) or was not in my top picks at all (Noni).

Assclown board.