Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

Anywhere Mbappe goes other than Real Madrid it’s to use that club as his Real Madrid waiting room for a year. So with that in mind, why would any club other than a Saudi one pay £150m+ to literally rent him for a year? He won’t sign any deal with a club for longer than 1 year surely.

If he helps them win a few titles in the meantime, no one will complain. I alluded to it before, but I see Mbappe joining RM in his late twenties and can see him joining a Prem team.

It would have been interesting to see Griezmann's FM save come to life (Mbappe joining the Toon). However, that isn't feasible right now due to FFP.

23 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

Who do they think they are.

Let him say what he wants to say, we just need to focus on scouting the market and acquiring the best player for us. Ceicedo is not the be all end all to me. Although it can be frustrating at times but sometimes you just have to roll with the punches. The transfer window shuts in September so I wouldn't panic just yet and we just had a huge clearout which is positive for sure.

Seems like De Zerbi skipped the PR training, first by tapping up Colwill then by calling a club out by name to take a dig. Managers do it all the time but the exprienced ones to my knowledge hardly say the name. Would have been so much more professional if he just ended it at "we play in the europa league". 

Edited by chelsea_4_eva
Spelling

23 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

Who do they think they are.

Making jibes as if we're at the same level. Tragic tbh.

This should be more reason as to why we need to drop this pursuit ASAP; don't succumb to their requests, let an unhappy player stink up the club, and we can go after someone who is a much better option all-around.

Edited by LAM09

Obviously any manager can and should fight to keep their best players but there’s a way of doing so without being disrespectful. Poch has never, ever mentioned Caicedo by name, we’ve never tapped him up, we’ve been extremely quiet in negotiations behind the scenes. 

Yet De Zerbi has now repeatedly come out in public and taken a jab at us as a club and has name dropped OUR player repeatedly. There are some things you just don’t do.

Hope we get Caicedo even more now and hope Brighton really come crashing down this season. They’ve gotten too big for their britches now after having 1 spectacular season. 

15 minutes ago, Pizy said:

after having 1 spectacular season.

During which they've achieved mid-table 😅

Said it million times perhaps, success was Leicester getting the championship, not lower-end team becoming mid for a season.