Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

As mentioned in the tweets, that lawsuit has no bearing on his article about Wahi & his cousin. 

The allegations were linked from his Wiki page, which can be altered by anyone with a brain cell. I'd like to think those making the decisions have the relevant information and are making a conscious decision prior to signing him.

Fake news spreads like nobody's business, while the actual truth is shunned.

Wait, what?

Those allegations weren't just conjured up on Wikipedia by a random bloke? They were initially made by all accounts a pretty reputable and respected investigated reported?

Do we even know if the charges were dropped and if the cases are still pending?

1 hour ago, YorkshireBlue said:

A few weeks/months ago Benjamin Mendy was a rapist, now he isn't, it amazes me how willingly people will follow something even if not true/convicted lies and fake news spread faster than wildfires. This generation shouts how they are individuals with there own mind and can be who and what they want because everyone is unique, yet they all sit on the same bandwagon.

He could still be a rapist. Proving there was no consent and if the sexual incident took place is one of the most difficult things for a prosecutor to do hence why the majority of rape/sexual assault cases get dropped or there isn't enough evidence. The statistics are damning. 

8 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Greenwood was back with this lass 2 weeks or so later, it was a complete farce from the beginning and it was her mate that reported it in the first place. She dropped all charges before this even got any legs, social media is the reason shit escalated.

She went out publicly claiming he sexually assaulted her?

In my opinion no innocent man would get back with a girl that falsely accused him of a sexual assault crime. 

4 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

He was a good young player, shame a drunken conversation was even recorded in the first place, if every one recorded convos of Thiers partners saying stuff when they are drunk the courts would be absolutely rammed everyday 

I guess the bruises just happened to be there. Hilarious what people can find these days to defend some of these idiots.

8 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Wait, what?

Those allegations weren't just conjured up on Wikipedia by a random bloke? They were initially made by all accounts a pretty reputable and respected investigated reported?

Do we even know if the charges were dropped and if the cases are still pending?

Who exactly is this "pretty reputable and respected investigator"?

I'm unsure if supposedly false charges were dropped on his cousin. I'd hazard a good guess that no one here is well versed in all the goings on in French football, so tarnishing someone based on hearsay (which is what it is) is pointless.

10 minutes ago, lucio said:

Shame for his career if he’s truly innocent. He was a great player in my book 

There's no chance in hell that he is. Just give Twitter a look to find out everything you need to know about his actions.

Edited by LAM09

Just now, LAM09 said:

Who exactly is this "pretty reputable and respected investigator"?

I'm unsure if supposedly false charges were dropped on his cousin. I'd hazard a good guess that no one here is well versed in all the goings on in French football, so tarnishing someone based on hearsay (which is what it is) is pointless.

Romain Molina of the Guardian who basically exposed all of French football. 

Seems like there were charges brought in 2021 but then silence since. 

20 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

I guess the bruises just happened to be there. Hilarious what people can find these days to defend some of these idiots.

I have zero sympathy for her, if he's innocent or not, if he's not innocent and got back with him and had a child with him then she's a moron. 

1 minute ago, YorkshireBlue said:

No transfers to talk about, so just making use of it🤣

Aye true that. I keep coming here refreshing the page and seeing fuck all except idle chit chat. I want to see twitter links and bullshit articles conjoured up by the media. 

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Yet another day goes by with zero transfer news. Is Caicedo our one and only target for the entire rest of the window? Is that why we don’t see more activity?

Cumming, Humphreys, Santos, Casadei, Maatsen, Carney, Gallagher, and Gabriel all being assessed before a decision is made. 

Don't want to buy a player when we already have one just as good at home. 

Well, court is the one to judge, but I'll just note that Mendy's case was way more complicated and nuanced, than usual false accusation for quick cash - can't find any good breakdown of the case, but seems like there was multiple accusations from what turned out to be a group that knows each other and was ruled false, but there was also like two other, that jury had trouble to decide on that easily, so it had to be based on something. Reports of covid parties, booze and substances in some mansion… this kind of cases is usually difficult, painful, not obvious and mean being submerge chin-high in shit. 

And on topic - Cherki was considered having "exciting career awaiting him" since like FM19. How long should we wait until something to back this excitement?

Edited by Vegetable

Btw that's something what bothers me since the CHO allegations - I'm aware footballers often aren't the brightest eggs in the basket, but knowing how the word is and that they are public figures, why the hell do they engage in random sexual activity with random people they can't really trust and that often scream trouble from miles ahead, without clear consent and often involving substances. Geezus, shot yourself some bromium or go for running session if you can't freaking control yourself in manner that enables you not to destroy your career/life. Doubt this stuff was ever worth it. And of how many cases of blackmailing etc we don't publicly know?

Edited by Vegetable