Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Just now, Pizy said:

This is the dumbest thing I’ve read in years.

It only makes sense if he has fully recovered and we are planning on moving RJ to midfield in the mid term. he basically costs us nothing and already knows the club and the PL inside out. 

1 hour ago, Artandur said:

Left to develop and play because Reece was here then we signed Gusto in Jan and now want another young RB who needs to play to develop? Fffffffsssss lol

Even with a loan back…. its so stupid. Makes 0 sense.

8 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

It only makes sense if he has fully recovered and we are planning on moving RJ to midfield in the mid term. he basically costs us nothing and already knows the club and the PL inside out. 

I’d hate that. Reece has the ability to play in midfield in a pinch but I wouldn’t want him there for any length of time. Takes away his best attributes.

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I’d hate that. Reece has the ability to play in midfield in a pinch but I wouldn’t want him there for any length of time. Takes away his best attributes.

It’s a trade off. His amazing crossing, dribbling around opposition fullbacks and and ability to finish from an angle would be sacrificed . But his ball carrying ability , shooting from distance, physicality and creativity would help us even more in the middle. I prefer him at WB too but if we go back to back 4 his attacking influence would be limited anyway. Plus we are short midfielders. If we can for some reason not get enough mids in and Gusto is a revelation, it might be tempting to try RJ as B2B. 

11 minutes ago, Mário César said:

what is the point of spending so much money on young people?

buying some is fine, but this has been an exaggeration

It’s honestly starting to feel out of control. How are we going to monitor and and do what’s best for 30 different top prospects at once? Feels like complete overkill. And it’s not like all these kids are being bought for a million here or a million there. We’re spending tens of millions on these guys all together.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Wonder if Reece's body will allow him to play as a RWB for longer periods of time...considering the hamstring and other injuries he's had on a consistent basis

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Left to develop and play because Reece was here then we signed Gusto in Jan and now want another young RB who needs to play to develop? Fffffffsssss lol

Even with a loan back…. its so stupid. Makes 0 sense.

Wonder if the club are concerned about HG criteria moving forward  (just off the top of my head: Madueke, Sterling, Gallagher, Chilwell, Reece, think Colwill would count as U-21)

Losing Mount, RLC hurts the HG rules and Gallagher/Chalobah have been linked to moves