Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

4 minutes ago, chef said:

Looks like yet another super talented young striker. But that’s exactly what we just recently bought with Fofana. Buying another young kid makes little sense to me.

It’s like the club are planning for 2028 or something instead of 2024.

The ONLY way we can go into next season with Kepa as our #1 again is if we dramatically fix our defensive midfield. Or play with a 3 rather than a 2. Make the team in front of him so defensively solid that he doesn’t have to face many of those long shots that go in off the tips his outstretched arms.

53 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Makes sense I guess, he spent 5 years with these losers at Spurs, must've imprinted that mentality.

Sky are terribly unreliable and by all accounts, Mendy is not re-signing so the club will bring a keeper in. 

54 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

I think Kepa is good enough for a top four side which is the maximum our aspiration should be for next season. It could wait tbh, if we can’t get the right man for a sensible price atm.

Agree, I think he's serviceable for a top 4 side (he already has previously under Sarri), he's just not a level if wanting to challenge for the league.

Ultimately if the right keeper profile isn't out there for the right price (and personally I think the keeper market is one of the weakest positions in world football currently), I'd rather hold fire and be sure in 12 months time or see where we might be with slonina than just replace Kepa with another version of him on a longer contract.

Just now, Mário César said:

I hope we demand 70M pounds for havertz if arsena is interested

I read that they hope we low our value demoand but I hope board don't be silly 

to a rival we need to demand a lot of money 

Yeah, agreed. After all he still has two years left on his deal so it's not like we can (yet) be bullied over the valuation like with Mount, so if a rival club wants him they should just pay up or fuck off.

I don't even rate Havertz and wouldn't mind him going but if it's going to be to another English club there should be no compromise over the fee. Would sell him for anything over €50M to a club from another country in a heartbeat though.

2 hours ago, TheHulk said:

Makes sense I guess, he spent 5 years with these losers at Spurs, must've imprinted that mentality.

Oh come on man. How many transfer windows have u seen in your life?

These talks of "club xy wants to xxx" or "coach xy is happy with xxxx" is nothing else than PR talk for negotiations at this stage, perfectly placed by clubs and agents. Nothing should get taken too seriously in the first few weeks of the silly season

42 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

Oh come on man. How many transfer windows have u seen in your life?

These talks of "club xy wants to xxx" or "coach xy is happy with xxxx" is nothing else than PR talk for negotiations at this stage, perfectly placed by clubs and agents. Nothing should get taken too seriously in the first few weeks of the silly season

Hope so, can't deal with another year of dino arms.

I’m fine selling Kai abroad but absolutely no way should we sell him to Arse where he can haunt us for 5 years. In a well oiled attacking unit like Arse has he can realize his immense talent. 

Unforgivable if we are to this. Especially with the underwhelming names we’re linked with in terms of forwards. I’d rather keep Havertz than sign Vlahovic or this kid from Villareal.