Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

26 minutes ago, Hashishi said:

How will man city points deduction affect us?

It wont happen. They will wriggle out of it or it’ll be a fine. Plus even if they got a point deduction not gonna improve our chances of making the top 4. We need to do that by improving ourselves. 

It’s going to take YEARS of appeals and lawsuits before anything comes of the City situation. 

From what I’ve seen a lot of these charges relate to their dodgy sponsorships over the years which have been blindingly obvious for a decade. It’s insane that for years City’s owners have been able to sponsor the club with companies they own or are connected with directly. Likewise PSG.

I don’t think this has anything to do with their actual transfer spending so this isn’t something we as Chelsea supporters need to worry about. This is about accounting breaches I think. 

The idea that Man City, a club with nowhere NEAR the global following of the other Big 6, has the highest revenue in world football in a legitimate way is laughable. Their dodgy ass sponsorships drastically over inflate those figures.

18 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

It wont happen. They will wriggle out of it or it’ll be a fine. Plus even if they got a point deduction not gonna improve our chances of making the top 4. We need to do that by improving ourselves. 

They have been charged with 100 breaches. This is unprecedented. I think they won't escape with a fine this time. It might be a points deduction or even relegation. They will want to set an example with them.

Pep and Halaand to Chelsea.

6 minutes ago, Hashishi said:

They have been charged with 100 breaches. This is unprecedented. I think they won't escape with a fine this time. It might be a points deduction or even relegation. They will want to set an example with them.

Pep and Halaand to Chelsea.

So based on the last days we can easily sack Potter, as we can choose between Klopp and Pep 😂

I haven't really looked into too much detail with this, but the general theme I'm getting from the charges relate to (1) over inflated sponsorship deals from 'related' parties or sponsorship deals from fictitious parties, and (2) treatment of certain operating costs in their books which looks like it includes how certain remuneration to players and staff is treated and I am also assuming how they have treated certain operational costs as some are dismissed for the purpose of passing FFP and Premier League financial rules.

If this is the case, this isn't simply breaching FFP rules and a slap on the wrist. This is high level fraud, with over 100 charges made against them.

I don't follow rugby but I understand a couple of years ago that Saracens were found guilty of something similar where they were treating salaries in a different way to 'beat' the salary cap rules. Despite being one of the best and biggest teams in Europe with a number of England internationals, they were relegated to the second tier. Depending on just how serious this digs, and if the Premier League want to make a real example out of a club in order to prevent similar happening again (especially with Newcastle's ownership now and potential talk of further Arab investment in the future), it isn't beyond the realms of possibility that they are relegated or hit with a points deduction severe enough to relegate them. 

This isn't United or Liverpool, or even Chelsea or Arsenal. Despite the wealth and recent success, City aren't much bigger than Spurs as a worldwide brand which is why it's been so ridiculous to see them topping turnover tables recently ahead of the likes of United and Madrid. There is absolutely no way their turnover should be that much higher than ours either, simple common sense should tell you all of this.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

It’s insane that for years City’s owners have been able to sponsor the club with companies they own or are connected with directly. Likewise PSG.

meet Chelsea's new shirt main sponsors, with a fat £2.5 billion 10 year contractClearlake (@clearlake) / Twitter

lololol

Edited by Vesper

28 minutes ago, Superblue said:

I haven't really looked into too much detail with this, but the general theme I'm getting from the charges relate to (1) over inflated sponsorship deals from 'related' parties or sponsorship deals from fictitious parties, and (2) treatment of certain operating costs in their books which looks like it includes how certain remuneration to players and staff is treated and I am also assuming how they have treated certain operational costs as some are dismissed for the purpose of passing FFP and Premier League financial rules.

If this is the case, this isn't simply breaching FFP rules and a slap on the wrist. This is high level fraud, with over 100 charges made against them.

I don't follow rugby but I understand a couple of years ago that Saracens were found guilty of something similar where they were treating salaries in a different way to 'beat' the salary cap rules. Despite being one of the best and biggest teams in Europe with a number of England internationals, they were relegated to the second tier. Depending on just how serious this digs, and if the Premier League want to make a real example out of a club in order to prevent similar happening again (especially with Newcastle's ownership now and potential talk of further Arab investment in the future), it isn't beyond the realms of possibility that they are relegated or hit with a points deduction severe enough to relegate them. 

This isn't United or Liverpool, or even Chelsea or Arsenal. Despite the wealth and recent success, City aren't much bigger than Spurs as a worldwide brand which is why it's been so ridiculous to see them topping turnover tables recently ahead of the likes of United and Madrid. There is absolutely no way their turnover should be that much higher than ours either, simple common sense should tell you all of this.

Yes it is obvious they are cheating to absolutely everybody, but I assumed they had gotten away with it at this point. Would be strange to me now if they get relegated to the bottom of English football, but totally fair. I assume history wont be re-written in terms of the things they've already won.

My gut feeling is they'll somehow get away with it, as they managed to win at CAS (anyone understand how?)

5 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

as they managed to win at CAS (anyone understand how?)

two of the 3 judges on CAS panel had Citeh ties

it was a fucking farce, the one who voted against Citeh said it was a ridiculous decision

time barred my sweet FA!!!!!

Edited by Vesper