Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

2 minutes ago, Nicco said:

Ziyech had a 25 millions clause last summer and no one even touched this "world class" player, how interesting no one wants a "world class" player in his squad.

Seriously speaking, yeah he is lightweight, will probably be decent but nothing more, I wouldn't say he is a waste of money for squad depth at this price but we should aim way higher.

Will still wait till summer before further evaluation....though I know Sancho would command world class fee...but it shouldnt end his pursuit just like that...Sancho would be monumental...

1 minute ago, Jason said:

If it's Man City?

Still angry but he wouldn't improve them much more than Sane did whereas with United he will take them to another level which probably means the Top 3 CL spots for the next 5 years can already be forgotten.

Have my doubts but at this price it won't be a signing we're stuck with long term if goes wrong, will be able to recoup most of the fee. Hopefully he's signed prominently for CM/CAM, or in blunter English hopefully this signing isn't an indicator we've given up on Sancho.

Little risk, high reward.

Just now, Tomo said:

Have my doubts but at this price it won't be a signing we're stuck with long term if goes wrong, will be able to recoup most of the fee. Hopefully he's signed prominently for CM/CAM, or in blunter English hopefully this signing isn't an indicator we've given up on Sancho.

It's over.

12 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I'd be surprised when we have Mount, RLC and Barkley in that position. Lampard particularly likes the first two.

He's played predominantly RW for Ajax so I would assume that is where he is being brought for us.

I follow some cool websites dedicated to betting tips and predictions because there is nothing better than some insight on PL coming from England based fellas or Eredivisie insights coming from Dutch people and so on and so forth. 

Here is snip of what a Dutch guy said before tonight's Vitesse v Ajax:

"So ajax with some VERY important players injured for this Clash.

The most important one is Ziyech ( according to Ten Hag on his way back though ). Those who thought that Frenkie De Jong and De ligt were the leaders are totally wrong. Ziyech is their best player because nobody creates more chances than Hakim. He can score and put players one on one with the Goalie.

Another important player that is injured is Promes who scored 11 (!) goals this season. Especially his connection with Ziyech has been remarkable as Promes scored a lot of goals because of him. Babel came from Galatasaray but he is not playing well in recent games."

Well dude is not the ultimate scouter but still I don't think he is wrong, I actually agree with him and I think Ziyech could truly be one of the most underrated players in Europe. For me it is a total mistery why he is not a Bayern player already since the rumours were very strong during last summer, but if this deal goes through then their loss is our gain. Truly a bargain for 40M if you ask me. 

Hope this is true. 

The Sancho utd talk being wanked furiously over by sky is nothing. They are stating he's leaving this summer, most expected that. They are saying utd are interested.... So are most other clubs! There is literally no news here to talk of. As for ziyech I'm more than happy. Looked very good against us and against spurs last year. Small fee which is surprising too. No complaints from me.

Do we accept that a deal for Ziyech is close, or might this be a puff to drum up interest?

Is he dedicated to playing off the right or does he line up in other positions too? I'm asking because of the links with Sancho.

Edit: I see @Tomo has already raised this above.

Just now, OhForAGreavsie said:

Do we accept that a deal for Ziyech close, or might this be a puff to drum up interest?

Is he dedicated to playing off the right or does he line up I other positions too? I'm asking because of the links with Sancho.

I would assume this deal is pretty far down the line of completion. The reports in Holland are all apparently very reliable and now British media seem to be reporting it as close too.

Matt Law also mentioned a few days ago that we tried to buy him in January, so he appears to be a main target.

With regards to the position, I'm not sure and I guess depends on what Lampard has planned. He can play centrally, however his regular position for Ajax has been wide right.

It is good to see activity.

Blues set for Boga talks

The Mirror reports Chelsea are set for talks today with Sassuolo over a possible return for midfielder Jeremie Boga to SW6

The 23-year-old, who joined the Italian club on a permanent move two years ago has been in fine form this season, scoring seven Serie A goals including strikes against Inter Milan, Juventus and Roma.

‘The French-born Ivory Coast star is being targeted by Monaco, Everton and Napoli, but Chelsea have first refusal on him after selling him to Sassuolo for £3.5million in 2018,’ states the report.

‘A buy-back clause was inserted into the midfielder's contract which would see Chelsea pay £12.7m to take him back to Stamford Bridge.

‘The London club are considering triggering that option and signing him at the end of this season, with Chelsea transfer chief Marina Granovskaia due to meet Sassuolo president Giovanni Carnevali for talks on Wednesday.

Carnevali recently said: ‘Chelsea can redeem Boga in June. We have a great relationship with the club and we met them before Christmas – also for other business.

‘They can take him back but we can also re-sign him, everything is open.’

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2020/02/12/media-watch--chelsea-advised-to-bid-for-celtic-striker--set-for-

Hakim Ziyech is replacement for Ross Barkley for that CAM Role.

Sancho is an incredible talent & would be a great signing for any team but getting Ziyech for £38m and Boga for £12.5m won't be bad at all. You spend £50.5m on these and you still have lots of money to strengthen other areas of the squad [LB, CB , ST and may be a GK too if need be]