Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

I don't think Willian leaving in the summer is a foregone conclusion yet. We always seem to take the scenic route when it comes to contract extension situation like this. Remember the CHO situation last summer? The negotiation went on for ages and people thought he was a goner but he eventually signed. If we go back a little further, the contract extension with Terry was only announced in March of the 2014/15 season, few months from his contract expiring. Plus, there has been nothing conclusive about Willian not gonna extend his contract. It seems the negotiation is still ongoing at least. 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

I don't think Willian leaving in the summer is a foregone conclusion yet. We always seem to take the scenic route when it comes to contract extension situation like this. Remember the CHO situation last summer? The negotiation went on for ages and people thought he was a goner but he eventually signed. If we go back a little further, the contract extension with Terry was only announced in March of the 2014/15 season, few months from his contract expiring. Plus, there has been nothing conclusive about Willian not gonna extend his contract. It seems the negotiation is still ongoing at least. 

Do you really want to kill me? :ph34r:

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

The meltdown is gonna be funny if Willian does sign the contract extension. :lol: 

Even then if he does, as a squad player, not the worst idea in the world. His problems consistency and end product, probably wont change at his age now but if hes playing sporadically and can impact games, why not? Suppose its all hypothetical still.

I do think he maybe is/should look at moving because the clubs trying to refresh and he might only get one more big move in his career but if he stays and plays as a sub or squad player I am not completely against it. 

Pedro looks as if he is off for definites and so is Giroud but keeping Willian with all his experience around and the influence he has on the youngsters isnt neccessarily the worst thing. But if FL decides to play him every game, people will kick up a fuss, yes.

Cant see FL and the board allowing all of Giroud, Pedro, Alonso and Willian all to leave in the same summer to rely solely on younger players and potential signings that arent guaranteed. Frank was also there as a player when we let Deco, Ballack, Carvalho, Belletti and Joe Cole all leave in the same summer too and that didnt exactly go well.

Sell Kante and get Sancho that's how desperate I am to bring him here, a generational talent, that was raised supporting Chelsea and we let him go to United. For players like Sancho you make the financial effort since he is extremely young, extremely talented and extremely marketable.

1 minute ago, Nicco said:

Sell Kante and get Sancho that's how desperate I am to bring him here, a generational talent, that was raised supporting Chelsea and we let him go to United. For players like Sancho you make the financial effort since he is extremely young, extremely talented and extremely marketable.

No.

Look getting Sancho is all well and good but if we lose Giroud, Pedro, Willian and Alonso in the summer, we will definitely need to keep some of the other experienced players.

Frank talked about adding experience to this group because it is young. Ziyech fits the bill. Likes of Azpi, Rudiger, Kante, Jorginho, Kovacic have all played lots of games in their careers and we need to have a good balance of experience and youth in the squad. For me, as I mentioned before about the year we lost Cole, Ballack, Deco, Belletti and Carvalho in the same summer, we cant afford to be too rash and just think okay replace everyone with youngsters who are taleneted and we will get guaranteed success because when has that ever worked? Especially considering Frank is still a young manager too. Okay they are different types of characters or were bigger leaders than what we have now but still think it would be incredibly naive to sell Kante at any costs even to get Sancho. 

Still not entirely convinced Sancho would transform our fortunes to the point where signing him would have the same effect as the summer we signed Costa and Cesc for instance under Jose. He would improve us undoubtedbly but he still isnt worth getting rid of arguably our best player on paper despite the teething issues trying to get him into the side.

I would hope Frank would want to keep Kante as involved and pivotal to whatever his plans are here because he is a top player. Better than most still even if he has been off his level. 

I still think that spending 120m or more on Sancho isnt a guarantee of anything. He is a very good talent and is an improvement on what we have but if the club is smart, like we are being with Ziyech, they can also prioritise strengthening other areas in the team first such as CB, LB and CF as well for 150m if they look hard enough. I think having a very good collective with 3 or 4 good signings as opposed to spunking the whole kitty on 1 player is the better thing to do. Plus Ruben will be back and Pulisic can still improve tenfold. Its a double ended sword putting all our eggs in the Sancho basket. 

10 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

No.

Look getting Sancho is all well and good but if we lose Giroud, Pedro, Willian and Alonso in the summer, we will definitely need to keep some of the other experienced players.

Frank talked about adding experience to this group because it is young. Ziyech fits the bill. Likes of Azpi, Rudiger, Kante, Jorginho, Kovacic have all played lots of games in their careers and we need to have a good balance of experience and youth in the squad. For me, as I mentioned before about the year we lost Cole, Ballack, Deco, Belletti and Carvalho in the same summer, we cant afford to be too rash and just think okay replace everyone with youngsters who are taleneted and we will get guaranteed success because when has that ever worked? Especially considering Frank is still a young manager too. Okay they are different types of characters or were bigger leaders than what we have now but still think it would be incredibly naive to sell Kante at any costs even to get Sancho. 

Still not entirely convinced Sancho would transform our fortunes to the point where signing him would have the same effect as the summer we signed Costa and Cesc for instance under Jose. He would improve us undoubtedbly but he still isnt worth getting rid of arguably our best player on paper despite the teething issues trying to get him into the side.

I would hope Frank would want to keep Kante as involved and pivotal to whatever his plans are here because he is a top player. Better than most still even if he has been off his level. 

I still think that spending 120m or more on Sancho isnt a guarantee of anything. He is a very good talent and is an improvement on what we have but if the club is smart, like we are being with Ziyech, they can also prioritise strengthening other areas in the team first such as CB, LB and CF as well for 150m if they look hard enough. I think having a very good collective with 3 or 4 good signings as opposed to spunking the whole kitty on 1 player is the better thing to do. Plus Ruben will be back and Pulisic can still improve tenfold. Its a double ended sword putting all our eggs in the Sancho basket. 

It's not about putting all our eggs in Sancho it's about Kante funding most of the transfer for Sancho, a luxury player that doesn't seem to fit in Lampard's way of playing.

We can sell Zouma or Christensen to fund the CB, we can sell Alonso or Emerson to fund the LB buy, we can sell Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Barkley to fund the ST, so I don't see the problem in spending over the odds for a player perfectly for our team.

3 minutes ago, Nicco said:

It's not about putting all our eggs in Sancho it's about Kante funding most of the transfer for Sancho, a luxury player that doesn't seem to fit in Lampard's way of playing.

We can sell Zouma or Christensen to fund the CB, we can sell Alonso or Emerson to fund the LB buy, we can sell Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Barkley to fund the ST, so I don't see the problem in spending over the odds for a player perfectly for our team.

Do you think that teams are just lining up to buy Barkley, Zouma, Christensen, Alonso, Bakayoko, Drinkwater, even the likes of Kenedy etc? Also for the money they will want to pay and what we want, it won't be straight forward as the club doesn't like to take losses on players. Hence why Bakayoko, Drinkwater and Kenedy are all away on loan, why Barkley and Christensen were both linked with a loan move and why only Everton were linked with Zouma in the summer when Marco Silva was there after he spent a year there on loan beforehand.... Its not a given we will be able to shift them easy.

Plus losing Giroud, Pedro and potentially Willian on frees already means we will have to replace them. So using the majority of our reported budget on one player, if that budget rumours are true, seems highly irresponsible.

Think we should be priorisiting a CF and LB before another winger now that it looks likely that Ziyech will arrive in the summer. Playing 2 RBs (when he has 2 LBs) and having no other trusted CF in our squad to rely on as he refuses to use Giroud, is killing us in some games. 

1 minute ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Not sure how reliable Kaveh Solhekol is, but he says we are still in for Onana and Sancho.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1241387/Hakim-Ziyech-Chelsea-news-transfer-Andre-Onana-Ajax/amp

Tier 3 reliable, hope he is right though.

8 hours ago, Nicco said:

Take a chill pill