Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

If the board have chosen Ziyech over Sancho, I'm gonna enjoy all the meltdowns...

giphy.gif

Not quite sure what to make of Ziyech if that is who we move for to be honest.

He's obviously a very talented player, just not sure if his style will suit the more frenetic pace of the Premier League. I'm sure the addition of Ziyech would improve us as a squad, my worry is that Sancho looks to have the potential to be a real world beater and I'd hate to see him somewhere else in the Premier League being a great player.

The one thing I would note on this is he's a different profile of player to Sancho who is in a similar mould to CHO and Pulisic. Ziyech is more of a wide creative midfielder rather than a winger and Lampard may be looking at a different profile of player for those positions to give him more options.

8 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Not quite sure what to make of Ziyech if that is who we move for to be honest.

He's obviously a very talented player, just not sure if his style will suit the more frenetic pace of the Premier League. I'm sure the addition of Ziyech would improve us as a squad, my worry is that Sancho looks to have the potential to be a real world beater and I'd hate to see him somewhere else in the Premier League being a great player.

The one thing I would note on this is he's a different profile of player to Sancho who is in a similar mould to CHO and Pulisic. Ziyech is more of a wide creative midfielder rather than a winger and Lampard may be looking at a different profile of player for those positions to give him more options.

First thing I would say is, A LEFT FOOTER! HALLELUJAH!

If the club are committed to CHO and Pulisic, then it makes sense to sign someone like Ziyech instead who has the experience to complement the younger ones. Having Pulisic, CHO, Sancho and maybe even someone like Boga would only complicate matters in terms of juggling playing time and this squad could do with adding a little more experienced players. That being said, I'm inclined to agree with you that I'm also not convinced about Ziyech's suitability in the Premier League either. 

http://sportwitness.co.uk/chelsea-reached-agreement-sign-ajax-player-e40m/

After scoring 21 goals and picking up 24 assists in 49 games last season, many thought the summer of 2019 would see Hakim Ziyech get his big move.

However, the player decided against moves to some of the interested clubs, like Sevilla, and he remained in Amsterdam for the current campaign after signing a new contract, but it appears he is now on the verge of getting his transfer.

That’s what Voetbal International are reporting on Wednesday, claiming Ajax and Chelsea have ‘reached an agreement’ for the player’s transfer for a fee of ‘more than €40m’.
Furthermore, the newspaper state Ziyech has also ‘broadly agreed with Chelsea’ and ‘it’s a matter of time’ before the 26-year-old puts pen to paper on a contract at Stamford Bridge.

De Telegraaf also have some information, revealing that, ‘at the moment, negotiations are only taking place with Chelsea’, suggesting the Blues have a free go at the playmaker for the time being.

13 minutes ago, El P. said:

Ziyech's stature and looks reminds me of Mahrez. Hope he can be successful like him too :)

Spot on. That's exactly who he reminds me of.

As others have suggested, this surely means that Sancho is simply too rich for our blood. He's going to Man United. That's a big shame but Ziyech is a fantastic player who I'd be happy with.

I think Sancho is going to be very good, possibly great. I really cant see blowing up the whole transfer budget over him. Don't get me wrong, I would love to have him. If we have agreements with Onana and Ziyech as reported, I think this summer window may turn out pretty good.

Imagine picking Ziyech a decent player and nothing more over a world class English talent, the board is absolutely trash fuck off.

Ziyech will be a another run the mill player who is lightweight and will do ok for us, that's about it. We will try to find a replacement for him in 2-3 years and end up realising we will pay just about the same money as if we had Sancho

The comments about Ziyech being a world class player is a disgrace and the posters are the same delusional people who think Tammy should be our 1st striker for the next 10 years.

I can only hope this is false and it's only if we miss out on CL, imagine a line up of Ziyech - Dembele - Pulisic and afterwards shake your head on what went wrong.