Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

9 minutes ago, Styl1994 said:

I have a feeling Sancho head back to City when they lose Sane or PSG if they lose one of Neymar or Mbappe. 

Pretty sure Sancho wants London. He has said on a number of occasions that whilst he left London at 15 he still sees it as home. The problem for him however is his cost. I personally cannot see him in Spain or France. Real want Mbappe and Barca have already spunked insane money on Courtinho, Griezmann and Dembele. 

8 minutes ago, Styl1994 said:

I have a feeling Sancho head back to City when they lose Sane or PSG if they lose one of Neymar or Mbappe. 

Nahh cant see him at PSG....and City are very careful not to spend too much now that their shit has come out.

3 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Pretty sure Sancho wants London. He has said on a number of occasions that whilst he left London at 15 he still sees it as home. The problem for him however is his cost. I personally cannot see him in Spain. Real want Mbappe and Barca have already spunked insane money on Courtinho, Griezmann and Dembele. 

Not only that but they very much want Neymar to return. They really have spent alot these past 3-4 years, all those 3 you mentioned were above 100m if im not wrong no?

13 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Ziyech is a good signing and for the price, I cannot see this one going too wrong. The only real question over him is his ability to adapt to the PL which is valid. As a transfer no one should be anything but happy. 

However, as a squad we're still in seriously bad shape. At this moment in time, I have the following players as dead wood: Kepa, Willy, Zouma, Emerson/Alonso, Barkley, Pedro, Giroud, Batsh*t. Whereas, I also expect Willian to leave and I reckon a £80m+ bid takes Kante. 

That leaves us needing about 8-10 signings over the next few windows. Lets see how this all plays out before we start making out that the board are some sort of transfer masters. 

First of all Arrizabalaga might pick up form and if not we will still have to make money back on him also if one of our four main CM leave it will probably be Jorginho given the talk from his agent. So swapping Kante out for Jorginho here’s what I would do. 

Arrizabalaga - Onana 

Caballero - stays one more year but Cummings gets more minutes 

Emerson - Chilwell 

Alonso - Maatsen 

Zouma - Upamecano

Jorginho - Van de Beek 

Barkley - Gallagher 

Pedro - Boga 

Willian - Ziyech 

Batshuayi - Dembele 

Giroud - Broja 

9 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Pretty sure Sancho wants London. He has said on a number of occasions that whilst he left London at 15 he still sees it as home. The problem for him however is his cost. I personally cannot see him in Spain or France. Real want Mbappe and Barca have already spunked insane money on Courtinho, Griezmann and Dembele. 

But is London really gonna be the deal breaker for Sancho? Let's say none of the London clubs go for him, then what? Is he just gonna stay at Dortmund?

I'm sure he would want to join a London club, ideally, but if not, then he's gonna have to make a decision. I could see him go back to City if we don't go after him (and I hope so).

Now we need the board to grab Sancho and bring him home......would send a strong message and a huge boost to the supporters, manager and what have you. Yes he is costly but the dude is 19, if he is a success thats 10 years he will give you, and if one of them spanish Clubs come calling we could even make a profit. He is worth it imo. Or manu will go through fire and lots of cash to get him, that too is viable.

7 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

There will undoubtedly be a bidding war though.

7 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

If its 100 then its even better but as MoSalah said, there will more than likely be a bidding war

Marina doesn't do bidding wars.

43 minutes ago, Jason said:

But is London really gonna be the deal breaker for Sancho? Let's say none of the London clubs go for him, then what? Is he just gonna stay at Dortmund?

I'm sure he would want to join a London club, ideally, but if not, then he's gonna have to make a decision. I could see him go back to City if we don't go after him (and I hope so).

I meant if he has an offer from us, I think he comes to us regardless of CL football or offers elsewhere. Personally, I know what this board are like. Great at getting players with buyouts/gentleman agreements - Costa, Kante, Cesc, Ziyech etc - and selling players. Pony at signing players without buy outs as Granny will not stump up. For that reason, I do not think Sancho will come here but that is because of that reason, not because he will choose a club over us. 

6 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

You are right but we can hope she likes to go to war now and then

History tells us otherwise. Good at securing players with low buyout/gentlemen agreements, bad at everything else. She is also good at getting top dollar for our players as well tbf. 

2 minutes ago, King Kante said:

I meant if he has an offer from us, I think he comes to us regardless of CL football or offers elsewhere. Personally, I know what this board are like. Great at getting players with buyouts/gentleman agreements - Costa, Kante, Cesc, Ziyech etc - and selling players. Pony at signing players without buy outs as Granny will not stump up. For that reason, I do not think Sancho will come here but that is because of that reason, not because he will choose a club over us. 

I don't even think the board can be blamed if they think it's not worth it to spend over 100 million on a single player when we have other areas in the squad that need urgent fixing. Heck, does Lampard even want Sancho especially now that we have gotten Ziyech? If we get Boga back, then people can probably say bye bye to Sancho. I'm sure Lampard isn't crazy enough to start stocking players in an area of the squad when others need to fixing. We certainly don't need to become like Arsenal in this regard. 

1 hour ago, Styl1994 said:

Emerson - Chilwell 

Are we really going to drop 70m for Chilwell? 

Someone mentioned we need balance with experience and youth.

Alaba will have just one year left on contract this summer so he will be much cheaper. And is a better player tbh.

Plus he does not want to play CB in the future and with Davies and Hernandez that is given.

David Alaba uncertain about role as right center-back once Lucas Hernández returns

- It’s a little unusual for me, something new. Hard to say whether that’s a solution for the future. I played it for the first time and then not for very long. I had never trained that variant before.

We should go all in for him!

Alaba and Pulisic on the left side. James and Ziyach on the right side :wub: Plus maybe Sancho. Who would be able to stop us?

7 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

This might be an unpopular view as many here really like Sancho, but I think we would get much better goal production from signing Werner. Not sure that is possible as Werner wants to be with Klopp.

Unless Klopp goes and plays Firmino as a 10 in a 4231, I doubt Werner will start at Liverpool evert week in my opinion. But the biggest issue is Firmino can easily play as a 10 and Klopp has also been a big fan of 4231 in the past. Firmino has also been linked with Bayern and Barca too so if he were to leave I think Werner would find it hard to go anywhere but Liverpool.

7 hours ago, DDA said:

Anyone saying anything negitive about this unbelievable signing is simply hating for the sake of hating. 

Excellent stuff from the board. 

I cant hey my head around the price paid. 

he had a £25m release clause in summer 2019 but we were banned

https://www.givemesport.com/1472196-ajax-star-hakim-ziyech-has-a-25m-release-clause-for-this-summer