Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

I for one wouldn't be so harsh on TB lowballing offer on unproven wonderkid in-the-making, when he isn't worth the clause and some people think he will hit ground running tomorrow and magically transform us into Real Madrid, because he did good in WC. People outside this board seem more cold-headed and see him as a prospect + he ain't no Touchniemi, there is no Real and City in the door, willing to pay 130 millions for him, so they may have a reason for it, since they seem bit smarter in transfers than we are…

Genuinely  thought today was the day we’d get a briefing from all the usual reliable sources that a deal had been agreed. Not the full, official club announcement but the likes of Ornstein, Fab, etc saying everything was done but the medical.

Instead it looks to have imploded. 

13 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

What to be excited now? It will collapse in a few hours as some reports say. We're done.

Excited about the will he or won't he, yesterday it was the polar opposite of today. You never really know with these things, the rollercoaster of emotions to me is exciting.

12 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Deal falls through. 

We get battered Thursday 3-0

We pay 80m for Alvarez because Ajax now know how much we have to spend. 

Point 3 has to be the worst ending lol

+ Mudryk, lol, respect to this guy, but the subtle change in calibre of players we are linked with to Arsenal-Tottenham targets levels suggest, that under new regime we are really dynamically building a new identity. Sort of mid-table one, but still. 

7 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Miss out on Enzo

Get battered twice in a week by City

Get the Ukcraine manwhore

Get in summer mug Rice

Complete transformation to midtable.

As much as I try not to be as negative as some of our fans are.... this would be a disaster... and I think I'll take a year off watching football.... and just check the results via the SSN app lol.

Edited by DDA

3 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Miss out on Enzo

Get battered twice in a week by City

Get the Ukcraine manwhore

Get in summer mug Rice

Complete transformation to midtable.

The Bridge turning against the new owners and booing them 

No CL or EL 

One more season of a freshly contracted Jorginho, Kova and RLC midfield 

🤦‍♂️

18 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

This deal will only go ahead if Mendes convinces Chelsea to bear the interest on the credit operation, a bit like he did with Félix's operation with Atlético... so that Chelsea pays in several installments but Benfica receives the 120M ready.

So the deal progresses, but... I'm beginning to have doubts because Chelsea are trying their best to divert Mudryk from Arsenal and willing to reach 80M + extras.

Imagine ending January with no Enzo and only because we bought a guy who whored himself for months for another team.

120m is too much for a player who has only played in Europe for 6 mths, however skilled. Granted hes won the world cup but which player wouldnt if they are playing with the likes of Messi and co? 

3 minutes ago, Costa19 said:

No CL or EL 

🤦‍♂️

If i ever get to the point I'm that unhappy with the ownership i won't go.

Booing and demanding ownership to leave while simultaneously giving them money is about the most contradictory thing you can do.

A few days ago loads of people around the internet calling us mugs because we were going to overpay for this guy

Today loads of people around the internet calling us mugs for refusing to pay lots of money for this guy after only a couple of day's of negotiation, it is the 4th of January and discussions just started

Snow White Haters GIF

Just now, didi007 said:

120m is too much for a player who has only played in Europe for 6 mths, however skilled. Granted hes won the world cup but which player wouldnt if they are playing with the likes of Messi and co? 

The players in the 2006, 2010, 2014 and 2018 Argentina WC squads.

5 minutes ago, Costa19 said:

No CL or EL 

🤦‍♂️

I think what's horrific is that it isn't entirely out of the realm of possibility both Jorginho and Azpilicueta are starting for us in the 2024 season. 

An utter miracle we won the CL under Tuchel after this catastrophic array of poor transfers since 2017. 

What's the chance Benfica execs took to Twitter today and saw reports of Boehly willing to 'blow Arsenal out of the water' with Mudryk and then decided to shift the goalposts and demand the full 120M€ up front instead of a structured payment plan?

Edited by Jype

Just a remainder that we are having a Sporting Director in place, who seems to be no fool and surely he has some say in transfer business now. If he'd rate Enzo enough to pay 130 mil and not complain, TB would pay and not complain, I guess

A lot of these reports seem to be coming from Benfica's end and coincidentally after reported meetings last night where Rui Costa came to London.

Not surprised at all, deals of this magnitude never go through completely smoothly. I do believe that a deal in principle has been agreed with regards to price but it's important to both clubs to get the right deal with regards to payment structure.

Note that Arsenal are finding the exact same issues with Mudryk about a higher up front fee and now there's lots of rumours surrounding him which do seem to be coming from Shakhtar's end.

If this falls through, my only hope is the club don't panic and buy an inferior option this window. Would much rather go back to the table in the summer or spend another 6 months scouting properly for alternatives than a panic buy that'll set us back even further. This season isn't far off a write off situation as it is, we don't need to be impacting next season with panic buys now.