Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Somehow I knew that this will happen in the and, once again our board just doesn't know what to do. But this is nothing new since(this also refers to the last two seasons with  Jose M.)  that generation led by JT, Lamps, Ivanovic, Didier, Cole, Cech, etc ended their journey in blue shirt we just don't know what to do. Our signings are pretty poor, sacking too many coaches, inconsistency in the BPL... And yet again we were pretty lucky because we won a couple of trophies and you think maybe this will help, maybe now our board will not splash money on some one-season wonders and bench warmers from Italy, Spain, France, maybe they will not buy 4 short term players instead of that maybe they will go for one guy that can make a difference (Drinkwater, Morata, Emerson, Michy, Zappacosta...) but no, nothing happened. 

But again we were lucky to receive that transfer ban, so now we can see how good our kids actually are ( and yes we are lucky to sack Sarri, his football is boring and predictable) and now we had a great opportunity with transfer ban lifted to secure the top4 finish with just 1 or 2 good signings but no, again nothing.

So let's go through last month step by step...

December 31st 

If you ask me here are some good names available, we just need to know what we want tho.

Timo Werner German international, one of the best young strikers in the world (if not the best), acceptable release clause and Bayern still didn't sign him. No! 

Okay maybe he wants to finish this season at RBL because they are doing it pretty well in the league and in Europe, but let see what else do we have here.

Moussa Dembele, hm not bad, I know him from Football manager, he was really good and his stats are pretty decent, he can be the one maybe? No, again. But why?

Lyon devastated with injuries Depay and Adelaide out. Huh, unlucky but there must be somebody else! 

Luka Jović from Real Madrid maybe, he was clinical in Bundesliga, but he can't hit anything in Primera, but nothing new it's Real Madrid, they even fucked up Eden Hazard.

Maybe we can try with a loan offer for Jović with or without the option to buy at the end of the season if we can get the option to buy good for us. But no, once again. 

Jović is a Serbian right? What about that lad Mitrović, how is he doing? He's killing it in Championship, but it seems that our scouts are not good enough to notice this...

What about Gabigol or Piatek you can always negotiate with Italian clubs make some good loans or something like that, Gabigol was good in Brasil once again and if you ask me he didn't have a chance during his time in Inter and Piatek was very efficient last season, good finisher, maybe we can them. But once again NOTHING. 

Zaha and Sancho are too expensive right now. Zaha too expensive for a player in his age, Sancho can be brought in the summer. Instead of that can we try something like hmmmm 

I know Jarred Bowen from Hull City, he is in last year of the contract, young, Englishman, right-winger and if you look at his stats in the last two seasons they are amazing. It's a win-win chance for us, not too expensive (last year of contract) so there will be no pressure on him to perform something like Minamino. And if he flops, he is still young we can sell him for AT LEAST the same amount we bought him...

So instead of reading something like this (and our board actually doing something like this) in the last couple of days of the transfer period, I was praying not to buy a 32-3 yo dwarf Dries Mertens, old wasted and injured...

And what about Eriksen maybe, did anyone even try to sign him. 17M for one of the best attacking-midfielders  (KDB is only one better than him in the BPL if you ask me) he is having shitty season but the reason for that is clear, he wants to leave Tottenham and even Leavy said that he will sell him to anyone who is ready to offer somewhere around 20M. That amount of money for the player of that caliber, he can play 2-3 seasons at the highest level for sure and players like Mason Mount can learn a lot from him.

That was a cheap option, there is ton of players at that position...

And I can write whole night about players that we could sign or at least try to sign in January

Left-back, okay Chillwel is unavailable right now and maybe too expensive but he is not the only one. You have Nathan Ake who can play LB also (better than Emerson and Alonso combined) and ofc he can play center back, you have Alex Grimaldo or Gosens from Atalanta or Theo Hernandez from Milan, can anyone go and scout them at least ???

Kepa is bad, Willy is too old and can offer much... There's a lot of goalkeepers out there Pope, Ryan, Onana, Henderson or you can try something cheap like Rajković who is having a great season...

I'm just asking myself, is there any single scout or any single person in that Chelsea board that can do something useful...

And in the and they can't sign a youngster Brighton took our player, BRIGHTON...

5 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Please don't talk about upgrades on players when we have Giroud who's better than Bathsuayi and he can't even get a kick in....

Piatek was available, he is better than Batshit, we just won't spend money because we are tight bastards and would rather dice with death on 4th spot and hope, it's come to that, it really has.

So blame Lampard? I for one put full blame on him for not utilising Giroud. Who knows how many points we could've secured had Lampard played him instead of gash like Batshuayi. 

Let's be real here. We need to ask why Milan were so willing to get rid of Piatek. Even after one year, Milan were so desperate to sell that they were willing to take a 10 million loss in profit on him. After one year! I can gurantee that had we bought him and he performed in similar fashion as the other panic buys, we'd be blaming our board for this deal. Without a shadow of a doubt.

Neither us nor Spurs wanted to take the risk, nor is he good enough for either of us. His level is Hertha Berlin.

22 hours ago, Strike said:

I am comfortable with doing nothing. I know top 4 looks like a fight but I'd not risk signing another player that we'll have to flog later. Of all the deals done in this window, only a few like Olmo, Haaland and Minamino look appealing. 

This, all 3 signings are not reasonable. Minamino is signed as backup winger for pool, we have plenty of winger, we need elite one. Olmo is an am, we don't need am. Haaland will be fantastic but he would want starter playing time which we can't give. 

3 hours ago, communicate said:

This, all 3 signings are not reasonable. Minamino is signed as backup winger for pool, we have plenty of winger, we need elite one. Olmo is an am, we don't need am. Haaland will be fantastic but he would want starter playing time which we can't give. 

Haland started both games from the bench. We can use back up winger because Pedro is finished and Pulisic is injured. So now we have 32 yo Willian and Hudson Odoi

3 hours ago, communicate said:

We desperately need a super creative AMF. Also, your argument about striker means that pursuing anyone of true quality is hopeless due to the fact they will want to start. That is ludicrous, sorry. As if Werner or Dembele will not want to start. If you want a no ambition CF, then we should just stick with Bats. Hell, renew Giroud whilst you are at it.

2 hours ago, Kun Aguer0 said:

Haland started both games from the bench. We can use back up winger because Pedro is finished and Pulisic is injured. So now we have 32 yo Willian and Hudson Odoi

We don't need backup winger unless you think odoi and pulisic are top level winger who are undroppable. 

Starting from the bench for 2 games is normal. He is coming in the middle of the seasonmIf he is still on the bench by the end of the season then it is a story. 

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

We desperately need a super creative AMF. Also, your argument about striker means that pursuing anyone of true quality is hopeless due to the fact they will want to start. That is ludicrous, sorry. As if Werner or Dembele will not want to start. If you want a no ambition CF, then we should just stick with Bats. Hell, renew Giroud whilst you are at it.

Not really. That is the reality, no team that play with one striker has two top young quality no 9. Usually what happen is that one of them young and upcoming and the other is at the back end of his career. 

Just look at everywhere. City is the only team that has aguero and Jesus. Pool has origi, united has no no 9, spurs backup striker is son, Madrid has jovic but Benz is 32, juventus play with 2 strikers up top, Arsenal played auba on the wing. 

We need a striker because Michy is not good enough. But he can't be too young and preferably can play on the wing. 

19 minutes ago, communicate said:

Not really. That is the reality, no team that play with one striker has two top young quality no 9. Usually what happen is that one of them young and upcoming and the other is at the back end of his career. 

Just look at everywhere. City is the only team that has aguero and Jesus. Pool has origi, united has no no 9, spurs backup striker is son, Madrid has jovic but Benz is 32, juventus play with 2 strikers up top, Arsenal played auba on the wing. 

We need a striker because Michy is not good enough. But he can't be too young and preferably can play on the wing. 

completely disagree, and you are just factually wrong about multiple teams and 2 starting quality strikers

I do not buy into this tosh argument (people use it for other positions too)

it is just not supported by real life football facts