Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

2 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

@Vesper how about Caicedo from Brighton as the mystery bid?

insane overpay, cannot see it (I am just finishing up a list of EVERY player it could possibly be (if not on there then is either a joke lowball bid, or s SHIT bid) IMHO

Edited by Vesper

other guesses

due to it not being a CL team, the choices are limited to players actually worth £50m now

I think I have listed (between this long list and my other few guesses (Merino, Kone, Ward-Prowse, Neves, McTominay, Telemans, etc), every player it could be, within reason, as in no way Rice Rashord or Sancho would be sold for only £50m etc etc)

no Arse, no Spuds listed (why would we waste time? the players they have worth £50m will never be sold to us by them in prime)

Teun Koopmeiners (£50m seems way too high)

Guido Rodríguez (same, £50m seems way too high due to his age)

zero chance we would think SMS from Lazio could be purchased for only £50m (what a steal that would be)

Seko Fofana (£50m is way too high)

maybe Zaniolo from Roma? (knee issues, LOTS of them,  scare me off him badly)

Lorenzo Pellegrini also from Roma (masterclass but, but so doubt only £50m would ne needed)

Ndidi maybe? (cannot see them selling for £50m, and tbh, I do not want him that badly at all fro what they would ask)

Maddison? (no chance they sell him for £50m)

Tomas Soucek ?

Bruno Guimarães?

Martín Zubimendi? (already guessed Merino from same club)

non MFers:

Pau Torres?

Robin Le Normand?

Merih Demiral?

Roger Ibañez?

Mancini?

Unai Simón = yikes, Spanish keeper

Illan Meslier?

Dean Henderson?

Kyle Walker-Peters?

James Justin?

Castange?

Jacob Ramsey?

Harvey Barnes?

Mikel Oyarzabal ?

Jarrod Bowen?

Pedro Neto?

Yéremy Pino?

Allan Saint-Maximin?

Anthony Elanga? no way we would pay that for him I would hope

Domenico Berardi  (not worth 50m IMHO, as are others on here)

Endrick? 

finally these CF's

Arnaut Danjuma
Jonathan David 
Amine Gouiri   
Dominic Calvert-Lewin     
Ivan Toney   

Ollie Watkins 

I will be shocked if between this and the few I already tossed out, I did not list it

I cannot see it being anywhere near a good deal is not listed (or it was maybe some crazy lowball offer, which is a joke)

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

so Romano just said we offered £50m this morning for a player (non CL team is all he will say)

and were turned down

he will not reveal and said no one will ever guess

he said he will reveal soon

I'd be very surprised if it wasn't someone from the EPL. 

9 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Don't forget the treatment home for central midfielders, like Kante, Kovacic and RLC

well, all clubs get injuries

buying recovering players is another thing

look how long it took RLC to fully recover from the achilles

Zouma from the knee

years for each

CHO never has recovered fully, he is a shadow of the player he was pre achilles blow out

Feels like we have gone from having many wingers to being short on wingers. I feel CHO should have possibly stayed, even though the Bundesliga will be good for his development, but not with Werner and CHO both gone, feels that our wide pacey players are limited and with the amount of football that is going to be played, would have been good for CHO to stay around.

32 minutes ago, Stats said:

Feels like we have gone from having many wingers to being short on wingers. I feel CHO should have possibly stayed, even though the Bundesliga will be good for his development, but not with Werner and CHO both gone, feels that our wide pacey players are limited and with the amount of football that is going to be played, would have been good for CHO to stay around.

Ziyech stayed and Aubameyang signing means Havertz is also a winger option

Havertz/Pulisic/Sterling/Mount/Ziyech are the options now for two positions. Seems fine to me. Will need the wingbacks to be the pace merchants

7 hours ago, Pizy said:

As someone already mentioned, I can take solace in the fact that both Kulu and Bentancur looked bang average for Juve and were laughed at and questioned when Spuds bought them. Now they’re two of Conte’s best and most important players. So just because someone doesn’t look great in Italy they can turn things around.

At least it’s a low risk loan. We now have to pray that he doesn’t look like a terrified seal thrown into a pool of sharks like Saul did last season. If nothing else at least Zakaria is a massive physical presence and shouldn’t be bullied.

Wouldn’t even say that Kulusevski, Bentancur or Zakaria’s situations was to do with their ability.

DK was one of Juventus’ better players in his first season there under Pirlo and alongside Ronaldo, Morata and Chiesa, their quality really helped them finish top 4, even though they were a pile of shite as a team. Was more a lack of playing time/starts under Allegri that killed him more than anything and thats why he moved. How he’s done in the PL hasn’t surprised me one bit. At Parma he was also impressive and I think Juventus will be kicking themselves in a few seasons because he has the potential to be an excellent player. Or even Atalanta as he was there before. 

Bentancur was a weird one though because he had played regularly for 4 full seasons and even up to his move to Spurs. I don’t know was it just financially that it suited them more than anything else? They also were interested in Zakaria before in the summer, months before they actually got him as a replacement for Bentancur in January. Plus they would of needed to generate money for investing in their squad. And Pogba was linked for months on end.

It does seem weird but all 3 definitely didn’t leave there due to being poor players.

2 minutes ago, Strike said:

Ziyech stayed and Aubameyang signing means Havertz is also a winger option

Havertz/Pulisic/Sterling/Mount/Ziyech are the options now for two positions. Seems fine to me. Will need the wingbacks to be the pace merchants

I agree but for me Havertz has never really convinced as a winger here. Hopefully that changes but I always like having pace on the wing

Zakaria's a big unit and wont (hopefully) be bullied the one I'm really hoping comes through for us is Auba, however the '' I've got unfinished business in the premier league" line sounds very reminiscent of a previous centre forwards mantra. I'm also hoping Pulisic and Ziyech are professional enough to give a good account of themselves seeing as they're stuck so to speak.

Hopefully this allows Havertz to play as a second forward instead of the main one. Also, experiment with 4-3-3 and let Mount play his natural position. 

Havertz and Mount on the wings don't work. Give Pulisic some time on the right and lets see what him, Sterling and Auba can do up front. 

Zakaria is a mobile and big body. Won't get bullied. Super strong. He looks fairly technical as well. As long as he does the job of stopping the ball ping ponging, he is an immense help. He actually looks like he can drive and penetrate up the field with the ball. We are severely lacking this. RLC seems to be the only one capable and he just went down. 

4 hours ago, Vesper said:

well, all clubs get injuries

buying recovering players is another thing

look how long it took RLC to fully recover from the achilles

Zouma from the knee

years for each

CHO never has recovered fully, he is a shadow of the player he was pre achilles blow out

Who was this secret bid for then? Do we know?