Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

There would at least be a little excitement about us finally signing a striker (even if I didn’t want Auba) if he could start playing right away. But it’s like the ultimate blue balls that we’re signing a new striker who can’t contribute for weeks. 😩

Tuchel wanted more power over signings. He's always butt heads with upper management in his previous jobs so now he's getting what he wants with Boehly. Full power that Roman probably would never give him. 

So far just a lot of overpaying and not addressing our most glaring needs...

Now we'll probably overpay some more and I don't think we'll improve all that much. 

When everyone is fit our squad is actually packed with quality EXCEPT in arguably the most important area of the team which is the guys who get you goals on a consistent basis. Again, when fit we have a squad that should be capable of competing at the highest level. But without ruthless finishers we’re going to struggle to put away anyone.

Hopefully we'll get one last pleasant surprise tomorrow to boost the squad but beyond that I assume Tuchel and the squad will be looking forward to the window closing.

It'll put bed to rumours of players moving in or out of the club and hopefully leave a far more settled group than seems in place right now.

And it's been well documented that Tuchel has had a lot of meetings and time expended on dealing with the recruitment and transfer strategy this summer as he's been leaned on by the ownership. That's all fine and well, but its pretty obvious that this would have continued beyond the pre season and into the regular season in recent weeks and may well have intensified further over the last couple of weeks. 

It's definitely not an excuse that should be being used but it has to be a distraction currently and from what is known of Tuchel and his personality I can't help but feel it's probably something he's not particularly enthused about. With some luck it'll be a one and done situation and the ownership can start putting things in place from next month for a recruitment strategy moving forward.

It sounds like PSV would prefer to sell Gakpo and they have serious interest from Leeds and Southampton so are likely to reject any bids for Sangare.

Ajax likewise cannot replace Alvarez now and have no need to sell with what they've raised this summer.

I can't see either of these happening, wonder if the club has an alternative they can move for tomorrow?

3 hours ago, DDA said:

That Kone fella looks like a beast. Why are we never linked with these kind of players...? Players with technical ability . We have to watch such limited footballers week in and week put.

Shit scouting. 

I really don't know why we are chasing Auba? I mean what is with us and going behind players who are past their prime. (Silva worked out well but was never really a fan of getting KK, much the same way when we went behind Lukaku, still feel Tammy would have been much better striker than him but we sold him)

8 hours ago, DDA said:

That Kone fella looks like a beast. Why are we never linked with these kind of players...? Players with technical ability . We have to watch such limited footballers week in and week put.

Few links to Liverpool. They are in the market for a DM too

5 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

It sounds like PSV would prefer to sell Gakpo and they have serious interest from Leeds and Southampton so are likely to reject any bids for Sangare.

Ajax likewise cannot replace Alvarez now and have no need to sell with what they've raised this summer.

I can't see either of these happening, wonder if the club has an alternative they can move for tomorrow?

Ajax signed Florian Grillitsch. Most of their fans think he is a ready-made replacement and that Alvarez can be sold today for the right offer.

No scope of a Ziyech swap though - Dutch transfer window is shut now

On 30/08/2022 at 23:28, blahblahblah said:

Poch was always going to fail at PSG. I don't think he is the manager to manage massive egos. 

But let's be very fair, poch did not fail at spurs. He brought them from the "mid of top table" obscurity to almost winning the PL and CL. Spurs did a spurs and choked it, you can blame it on poch, that's fair, but given the resources he had, the brand of football he played and how far he bought spurs, that should be counted as a success. 

Poch is not perfect, but he is a much better option than TT 

Nah Poch is a serial fuck up.

G Potterini is the man