Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Antony is going to be a massively expensive flop I think. He’s nowhere close to a €90m player. Ziyech was even better for Ajax than him and look how he turned out in the PL. It’s quite easy for a very solid player to look like a beast when you’re basically playing for the Bayern Munich of the Dutch league. 

All of their recent stars that have moved on to bigger clubs have either flopped or not come close to living up to their hype. Van de Beek, De Jong, De Ligt, Ziyech. All players who looked like superstars for Ajax but have been average after leaving. Or worse in DVB’s case. Antony will be no different.

Also Hirving Lozano, beast in PSV, ok for Napoli but nothing more

Newcastle close to signing Isak for £60m. I asked a couple of weeks ago why we aren’t taking a punt on him and was told he had a down year. But I think this will be a great signing for Newcastle. They’re building a serious team up there.

52 minutes ago, shrenshah said:

Can we not hijack the Antony deal with some kind of Ziyech barter and get him for around 60mn pounds instead of Gordon.

Gordon is huge gamble even at 35-40mn (Let alone 60mn) which may or may not pay off. Antony is more experienced and more likely to be successful.

I see Anthony being as big a risk.Gordon doesnt have a ton of EPL experience but Anthony has none.i wouldnt buy anyone from Holland for above 30m.plenty of great players have come from there but about 95% were from over 20 years ago.

if going foreign route and wanting to pay similar money.i would personally go for someone like Yeremy Pino.has lots of traits that TT desires. Although not much of a goal scorer.will press and free up Reece to attack freely.

Meh every league has its flops, using such rational then you might not buy anyone. De Jong and De ligt are not flops, maybe not generational players.

I always look at skill set, Antony has pace, trickery, close control, etc those attributes do quite well in the PL. 

I watch Gordon highlight I don’t see the skill set that is required to play on a team that faces primary low block. 

1 hour ago, Kong said:

Isnt gordon like 19? 60m for a 19 year old comming from a side that just survived relegation, it's absolutely absurd!

He is 21, same age as CHO you know the guy who deemed a flop on this board.

quite the ability to score deflected goals.

Gordon’s statistical production is terrible and there’s really no arguing that. But tbf to him he’s playing in the worst Everton side in memory. You think we struggle to score goals, try watching Everton over the past year. 

If you were to ask me straight up who I’d rather have in a Chelsea XI at this moment between CHO and Gordon I’d have Gordon. Because he’s actually brave on the ball and has stones. He’ll take his man on and put extreme pressure on defenses. Then you get all his off the ball work. 

We no longer have the CHO from his pre-Achilles injury days when Bayern were desperate to take him. He’s a shadow of that player right now. Maybe a year in Germany will bring that player back.

This season and the next will more than likely be bad by our standards at least. If we can get a top 4 thanks to worse preforming sides great. If we manage to do something in the cups great, but overall we will be nowhere near man city. It will be Arsenal and Tottenham chance to go for them. If we built wisely we can go hard in 2024. Even with all the money in the world Guardiola needed 2 seasons and Klopp 3-4. We are basically building a completely new squad around James and Mount. No need for panic buys. Trust in Tuchel and support the best team in England. KTBFFH!

25 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

Barcelona have asked Chelsea to accept paying €25m+ €3m add-ons for Aubameyang. If they accept, Aubameyang will leave today.

Wonder why the club is not making a bid for Zaha? He was mentioned in the Telegraph report yesterday as one of the targets. He can play CF and has better workhorse traits that Tuchel loves in a forward. Barca are not even taking Alonso in the Aubameyang deal

Let's have it right. The whole of Europe knows we have a new novice owner who is throwing cash around in a desperate manner.

We are having our pants pulled down if we pay 30m for Auba and 60m for Anthony.G.

A combined 90m that could have been used to persuade Nkunku to come here. 

🍌 🍌 🍌 🍌this behaviour is bananas 

Also could have put the Lukaku 100m and this money together, we could have had Halaand last year. 

Edited by DDA

Gordon for 60 million has the feels of some under the table Arab money transfer deal.

Paying over the odds is an understatement...

For 60 million you must get top drawer players. If he is 60, then EPL market is beyond finished. He's an interesting prospect but he will still cost 60 million 2-3 years later even if he does develop to his potential. Paying 60 for someone young with potential but not a Messi level high ceiling is ludicrous.