Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

PAUL MERSON:

"I cannot believe Chelsea didn't or haven't gone in for Cristiano Ronaldo. He just ticks all of the boxes Chelsea are lacking. Playing for Chelsea is not like playing for Manchester United, who are working from the halfway line."

Edited by milka

We want Fofana so badly and yet we’re going to allow this to run on for yet another week where he’ll play another game in which he could get injured?

I realize this is a huge financial deal with a difficult “opponent” to negotiate with, but come on. We need to have our back line settled ASAP. 

If paying for Auba means we can finally sell Alonso, I would do it. Barca doesnt seem to be able to register any more players without selling some. 

Just sign Auba for 25, get some of the money back for Alonso and we can move on. 

30 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

"Well over 50M" - lol, cheeky little bastards. 

They see how we have been willing to overpay and are taking advantage of it.  That's what every decent negotiator would do. It's win-win for them, either they keep their prized asset or get 2-3 times more than he's worth. We have no leverage in this deal.

Also, Fofana hasn't been anything special in the first 2 games. He's not a 100 mill € player, but again, we have no leverage here. Another win-win for the selling party - either keep or sell for 2-3 times the real value. They are fools not to sell for the amount we have already offered, but I suspect they know that we are willing to go higher, in which case they are not fools... Same as with Gordon.

We have chosen very, very difficult targets where we have no leverage, so silly fees are to be expected unfortunately. But hey, if the money people at the club have crunched the numbers and concluded that it's no problem, then just go for it...

26 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

If paying for Auba means we can finally sell Alonso, I would do it. Barca doesnt seem to be able to register any more players without selling some. 

Just sign Auba for 25, get some of the money back for Alonso and we can move on. 

Sign a 33-year old for £25m who cost nothing a matter of months ago?

This shouldn't even be a discussion.

2 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Sign a 33-year old for £25m who cost nothing a matter of months ago?

This shouldn't even be a discussion.

The latest talk was about €25m, so about £20m. We would get €8m back for Alonso, so effectively its £14m.

23 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

The latest talk was about €25m, so about £20m. We would get €8m back for Alonso, so effectively its £14m.

That's just his fee. Add the cost of his wage (£200k~) on probably a three-year contract and you tell me if that makes sense financially.

We need to stop throwing money down the drain.

8 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

That's just his fee. Add the cost of his wage (£200k~) on probably a three-year contract and you tell me if that makes sense financially.

We need to stop throwing money down the drain.

Idk, maybe Im just too desperate to get Alonso out the club 😅

Also, we need a striker, and there isnt really one out there that would make sense financially and would suit long term. I dont see it. 

Edited by Gundalf