Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

15 minutes ago, chelsea_4_eva said:

If only De Ligt wasnt so gung ho about going to Bayern, he would have so many options to choose from to move but alas, he has chosen to challenge himself in the Bundesliga.

And also could end up staying at Juve if Bayern continue to lowball them.

We made a mistake by not having an agreement on personal terms with De Ligt first.

Personally, I think we may hold off on any more starting calibre players for now and see what happens with Brokealona. 

I have been looking afresh at their finances and the only way they can buy this Summer is if FDJ agrees to leave and waive the £17m he is owed. If that doesn't happen, and I am not sure why he would agree to that, then I cannot see how Barca can get around Spanish FFP as they were a ridiculous €144m over the cap on the last count and still need to add AC and Kessie. 

If that deal collapses then Bayern won't get their dollar for MDL via Lewa going to Barca and Raphinha will not get his dream move and would be available again. So, both those deals are connected and we may have a opportunity later in the window. 

Therefore, I would not be surprised if the next moves are something like a GK2 and a RWB2 while we will see players like: 

Alonso, Dave, RLC, Ziyech, Kepa

All start to leave to free up space. 

1 hour ago, Blues Forever said:

I think the club will use Sterling as James cover while waiting for Livramento next year.

Why would Livramento want to re-sign for us ? he left because he was not guaranteed first team minutes, and if he rejoins he will still be behind Reece James. He is a first team fixture at Southampton

In the end reason prevails. Obvously over the moon following the collapse of the Ake transfer. Also it is unlikely we will ever go for him again as we are gonna sign another CB this window.

Not loving the Kounde stories but those might just be a reflex by the medie to unearth that topic again. Not that I think signing Kounde is completely out of the window. Obviously, I do not like him one bit either not only becasue he is even shorter than Ake but because he is rash, gung-ho and immature. But I have to admit that Kounde has rare technical skills and supreme ability on the ball for a defender. However, I do not think it is on. With Ake we were clearly searching for a left sided defender. Kounde is as right-sided as it gets. Following his exploits last season I could imagine Trevoh being given a run at RCB.

Edited by Magic Lamps