Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

13 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Tomori we sold for 28m now he is worth 50

guehi I am stilll undecided on but we have a buy back clause

Both comfortably better than ake tho 

Not a buy-back, we only have a right of first refusal on Guehi.

17 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Tomori we sold for 28m now he is worth 50

guehi I am stilll undecided on but we have a buy back clause

Both comfortably better than ake tho 

Tomori considered the better CB between him and De Light, I would imagine Milan would be asking for so much more than 50.

I actually really like Guehi potential, the complete package. Very good with the ball at his foot too. England international and just turning 22 later this month. Linked with Spurs this summer, he will go for insane fee no doubt.

My thoughts on the potential Ake deal are that I think on paper it looks an underwhelming signing.

However, I am willing to give him a chance and not jump to conclusions first. He's not let City down at all in the games he's played, the question now is can he take that and apply it consistently across a season.

He's the sort of signing I want to see the club be able to move away from in time, i.e. an expensive squad fill. I understand firstly that will take time, and secondly the situation is a little different this summer given our defensive options. 

What Ake I think can and should bring as a minimum is a solid player, and one that should be good enough to maintain us where we are currently which is ensuring we get into top 4. We don't know if Colwill can do that yet, and I think we're all pretty sure Sarr can't. In the longer term if Colwill was to step up over the course of the next year or two, or another defensive option came up on the market next summer or beyond, then Ake becomes a solid squad player like the one he is and has proved he can be at City.

Aké in a back 3 with a marquee CB brought in on the right side? 👍🏼

Aké in a back 4 as the only CB we bring in? 👎🏼👎🏼👎🏼

But surely Aké would only fancy returning here to Chelsea if Tuchel has assured him of a prominent role? He’s not going to hop from one bench to another. Which to me means that he has been sold on becoming our starting left sided CB in a back 3.