Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

15 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I think we need to go ALL out on Chilwell

he is the only one who checks every box possible (other than scoring much)

I saw Grimaldo mentioned, he is the same in my book at Telles, just a little less than 3 years younger (a good thing) BUT is very short (9 cms shorter than Telles) and will be dominated by the physicality and size of the EPL and they both are in a shit league, plus his release clause is £55m, and Benfica said ZERO chance he goes for a penny under

José Gayà , in summer 2018, renewed his contract and has a 100m euro release clause, so that is a NO GO unless Valencia can be talked down

my number one target last year was Junior Firpo, but Barc snapped him up and he is now completely off the board, they STOLE him for only £17m (as his contract was running down)

he would have been a monster here under Lamps, and that was another ban killer blow (although he would have been hard to pull from Barca, as he is Spanish-raised Dominican Republic

IF we agree to say no to Telles, then it really is Chilwell or bust, unless Malang Sarr blows up as an LB (which would be ideal, as he certainly has the size and pace to be an EPL monster there)

Shitty are going to do anything they can to snatch Chilwell I fear, as Pep is at wit's end with Benjamin Mendy (IF we could grab him on the cheap, he might be worth a role of the dice, as he is big and fast and might actually be a better fit here than Shitty, but I am so so paranoid of him, as he seems a trouble maker)

LB and RW are NIGHTMARE positions to fill IF we miss the top two targets (Chilwell and Sancho) Plus Shitty have right of first refusal on Sancho (to make it even more complicated)

It is clear that both Pulisic and CHO are vastly better on the left, so that is sorted for years and years, but Willian only has but so many more seasons left, I get the bad feeling after this year he may completely collapse (he will be bloody 32, and look at so so so many 32 yo wingers not named CR7 and/or Messi) Ribery (who is 36) is literally (if you still count him) the ONLY other decent winger over 31 in Europe. Callejón has hit the wall at 32 years of age. Payet too. They are both shadows of what they once were. Once Pedro leaves the only EPL wingers older than Willian are Robert Snodgrass and Aaron Lennon. That is it, literally.

I have a really bad feeling that Zouma (Lamps is mesmerised with him from all appearances), Willian, Azpi, and Alonso (if we fail on Chilwell) are all going to be here next year

Pedro and Giroud will be gone, and HOPEFULLY we sell ALL the dregs out on loan. Barkley needs to go too, whilst he can still get sorta big money

If we fail on grabbing Chilwell and Sancho, I see no obvious buys, and IF we do not sell Zouma (and/or AC) I do not see us buying the desperately needed WC CB (Konate or Romganoli at the top of the list) either. Werner is 98% going to Bayern, I do not see why anyone puts him up as a legit target, so CF is a coin toss too. (I would SO try and make a deal with Watford for João Pedro, especially if they get relegated) OR even better IMHO (another new one) Erling Håland, a 19yo Norwegian beast (1.94m, strong as a bull, with a wicked shot, has 23 goals and 6 assists in only 17 games, including 7 goals in the CL) from RB Salzburg, and he was born in Leeds, so counts as a homegrown (he is the son of the Norwegian former Nottingham Forest, Leeds United and Manchester City defender Alf-Inge Håland.)

For MF, I am afraid that we are locked in on moving for Declan Rice (not a bad buy, just will be so so costly), and will not even give a look at the so affordable (only £45m realease) absolute peak beast Thomas Partey or the two wunderkind (especially Camavinga (who can be a superstar youth buy) and also Florentino , who is going to get snagged by Shitty I think, IF they can agree a price with the Benfica cunts)

(å is aa in English spelling for Norwegian and Swedish)

the world is coming for him this summer :(

66567282d96e3b7c4f64a64f278f7b72.png3f517bc3924b7d3ee496fc0505c04a5c.png

Image result for Erling Håland

'

I'm a big fan of Haaland, think he has higher ceiling than Tammy. The problem is most of our fans don't want the club to buy someone who will replace Tammy for ex: Werner and Haaland.

23 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

I'm a big fan of Haaland, think he has higher ceiling than Tammy. The problem is most of our fans don't want the club to buy someone who will replace Tammy for ex: Werner and Haaland.

I see so many who want Werner

There is zero reason that we cannot have two top notch young strikers

when Arse is clicking, those 2 they have now are brutal

we carry 3 strikers now

I would love to see Giroud and Bats shipped out and roll with Tammy and Håland

at some point, IF we are ever going to win the CL and the league agains, we simply must have a smattering top world class players mixed in with our you academy products

might as well buy them young instead of waiting until they are £100m plus.

Chilwell is more than likely going to cost £70m plus. Same for Declan Rice if we buy him. Sancho will cost £100m plus, probably more like £110-120m . IF Håland blows up to true potential, he will cost £150-175m or more by the time he is 22 or 23. Why wait and toss away 100m plus, when we can (we have done it before, and on deals I said are BAD) roll the dice on a fraction of that now.

10 minutes ago, Jason said:

Is Haaland really the real deal? Gotta be cautious about buying one-season wonders. 

Seems like a real deal based on his forms this season. Here's an excellent article about him: https://totalfootballanalysis.com/player-analysis/erling-braut-haland-2019-20-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics

8 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

Seems like a real deal based on his forms this season. Here's an excellent article about him: https://totalfootballanalysis.com/player-analysis/erling-braut-haland-2019-20-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics

That's the issue here, this season. I know he's only 19 but he's done well in only one season so far - his Champions League goals have certainly propelled him to global attention. What if he regresses to the mean next season? What if he turns out to be a one season wonder?

Between him and Werner, I'd rather take Werner, who is playing in a better league than the Austrian league and has proven he's not a flash in the pan with his goalscoring record.

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

That's the issue here, this season. I know he's only 19 but he's done well in only one season so far - his Champions League goals have certainly propelled him to global attention. What if he regresses to the mean next season? What if he turns out to be a one season wonder?

Between him and Werner, I'd rather take Werner, who is playing in a better league than the Austrian league and has proven he's not a flash in the pan with his goalscoring record.

Agree, Werner is safer and probably also cheaper than Haaland.

Just now, Jason said:

If Lewandowski continues performing/scoring like he is doing this season, then that is debatable..at least for next summer. 

I edited it after you replied, Werner renewed with RB (I had missed that)

so maybe we do have a shot, BUT he is going to cost £100m or so, as Liverpool, and many others are in the mix now

Just now, Vesper said:

I edited it after you replied, Werner renewed with RB (I had missed that)

so maybe we do have a shot, BUT he is going to cost £100m or so, as Liverpool, and many others are in the mix now

Apparently, he has a £27 million release cause in his contract. So...

9 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Werner is going to cost insane money, he renewed with RB Leipzig (I had missed that)

Think he has low release clause around €30M which could rise to €60M depending on whether he reaches some pre-agreed target.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Apparently, he has a £27 million release cause in his contract. So...

£27m, wow

these articles are so fucked

lolol

I did find that (30m euros) from Kicker

the articles I had read before did not mention it, and said that RB would get huge money for him

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

£27m, wow

these articles are so fucked

lolol

I did find that (30m euros) from Kicker

the articles I had read before did not mention it, and said that RB would get huge money for him

Going from 0 to 30 million euros is kinda huge. :P 

2 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

Think he has low release clause around €30M which could rise to €60M depending on whether he reaches some pre-agreed target.

that does change things

but fucking Klopp is after him like a rat with cheese too

Liverpool open transfer talks with Timo Werner

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/media-watch/371040-liverpool-open-transfer-talks-with-timo-werner

grrrrrrrrr

This story has been reproduced from the media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

Liverpool open transfer talks with Timo Werner

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/media-watch/371040-liverpool-open-transfer-talks-with-timo-werner

grrrrrrrrr

This story has been reproduced from the media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.

I think it all depends whether he want to be bench player for pool.