Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 minute ago, robsblubot said:

Is it though? what's the measure? Silverware? Top4 qualification?

I heard the same about last season's squad, and yet the same owners have been pretty much changing everything once again. So, which one is it? Was last season the right approach or this is?

In terms purely of the ability to sign the players they want to sign, I meant. Very few players have turned their nose up to us (which has surprised us all a bit, I think)

What a dead deadline day this is for the entire league. Nobody is really doing anything, not just us. Which I suppose is what you want if you’re a well run club. But it’s still boring as hell. All this buildup and then nothing.

As of this moment I’m more annoyed at the players that are set to stay than missing out on Osimhen.

17 minutes ago, whats happening said:

its fine if they dont want to give massive salaries anymore. but then dont go after players in their prime who have a certain status. this guy allegedly had a 20-30-40 milliom monthly wage offered to him and now you all expect that its normal to give him numerous times less than that?

Take upon consideration that his current wages were accepted with the idea for him to shut up and sign the extension, then ship him out for big money asap, so wages will be somebody else problem, but it didn't quite work out, hence the alleged fury in Napoli's camp.

Personally I don't see a problem here, you want boatload of money, go play with Saudis, playing for Chelsea should be an attraction in itself, not only for financial reasons. Madrid nor PSG also do not compete with Saudi wages. I'm actually quite happy the club cut the bs with selling clubs pricing every player we want to buy like prime M'bappe, with according wages. If ture, VO was offered what was reasonable within Chelsea wage structure and clubs valuation of his person, I don't think it was offensive offer whatsoever, given he was perhaps offered performance bonuses on top of it, so it was either rot in Napoli reserves, go to Saudi sandbox or play for big club and if you perform, it means 20 or so per cent cut from unrealisticaly inflated wages. 

No other club is interested in him, so apparently he isn't quite the most wanted commodity, hence no need for bidding war with ourselves (done it enough times under Clearlake already)

Trev is basically the best possible replacement for Andersen Palace could’ve hoped for. No buy option gives us the chance to bring him back and sell some of the current lot if he kills it at Palace. 

23 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

In terms purely of the ability to sign the players they want to sign, I meant. Very few players have turned their nose up to us (which has surprised us all a bit, I think)

Sure, but @whats happening point alluded to an inability to attract players given the wage structure. The wage structure seems to fit aspiring players, but not established elite footballers. You can say Brighton has a good track record of signing the players they want, but that only makes them less competitive against others who can sign better players.

City has a very different approach here: they sign the best player for their system and offer high wages for these specific players.

I remain cautiously optimistic for this season; it's still a much improved squad with much better options in most positions. Our bench last season was a fucking joke to be honest here.
Though his point remains valid: it's been a while since we last signed a top player, and their track record around that seems poor. Perhaps that led to a lack of conviction on that type of signing... hard to say.

Edited by robsblubot

12 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Trev is basically the best possible replacement for Andersen Palace could’ve hoped for. No buy option gives us the chance to bring him back and sell some of the current lot if he kills it at Palace. 

Wont happen. His career is as good as over here although he should be involved in the squad instead of Disasi & that sunday league footballer Tosin 100%. 

The club will sell him off next summer for profit. Just not happened this window because nobody has stumped up the fee they wanted.

Plus in the slim chance it did happen to take him back, I kind of hope he tells them to ram it after not taking him on the US tour and banishing him from first facilities, he deserved much better than that. No way to treat an academy graduate.

No surprise now the PFA are looking at abolishing clubs bombing first team players to make them move now also. Get it for 2 or 3 guys but 10-15 players… another masterclass from Clearlake 👍

Edited by OneMoSalah

Just now, Vesper said:

so hope we sell the dregs

cannot be arsed over Osi and Sancho

raging about CBs and GK

Think you should stop raging about the CB’s until we’ve seen a couple more PL matches. If the Colwill + Fofana duo struggle against this relatively easy opening set of PL fixtures then rage away.  But I’m holding off on the anger for the time being on that position.

Keeper, though… 😬😬😬 The situation we’re in there is inexcusable. I pray that Mike Penders saves us next summer lol

4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

so hope we sell the dregs

cannot be arsed over Osi and Sancho

raging about CBs and GK

Definitely priority number 1.

Don't want to go into the season carrying an upset group in a bomb squad. Get them all out on loan deals at minimum, us covering part of wages, whatever it takes - deal with it in next transfer windows when we have more time. But don't enter the season with a toxic problem in the club.

Just now, Pizy said:

Think you should stop raging about the CB’s until we’ve seen a couple more PL matches. If the Colwill + Fofana duo struggle against this relatively easy opening set of PL fixtures then rage away.  But I’m holding off on the anger for the time being on that position.

Keeper, though… 😬😬😬 The situation we’re in there is inexcusable. I pray that Mike Penders saves us next summer lol

you have more faith in our CBs than I do

with Trevoh now gone

one injury to the very often injured Fofana and/or Colwill and we are just FUCKED

and even if they stay healthyI do not rate them that much TBH, unless Colwill finally starts playing up to his potential

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

you have more faith in our CBs than I do

with Trevoh now gone

one injury to the very often injured Fofana and/or Colwill and we are just FUCKED

and even if they stay healthyI do not rate them that much TBH, unless Colwill finally starts playing up to his potential

It’s definitely a concern, I won’t kid myself about that. But I’m not going to panic yet. 

If Palace cause them all sorts of problems this weekend I’ll start to worry.