Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Also, as an aside, does anyone know what is going on with Palace? They're about to sell Anderson and Guehi looks bound for Newcastle. Both of them are there main CB's and they don't have much depth there. 

Holy shit at stripping Sterling of his number just like that lol

To do that when he isn’t even close to securing a move away is kinda crazy, isn’t it? What happens if no deal can be agreed for him this window? He just chills at home until January?

35 minutes ago, mkh said:

Raheem Sterling wants permanent move while Chelsea have not ruled out signing a new centre-back to potentially replace Axel Disasi.

(Jacob Steinberg)

He should go in a deal to Crystal Palace brings us Marc Guehi back. He gets to stay in London he’ll play week in and out. We’ll get a CB who will help us sure up the defensive and at a cut rate as we have the sell on clause too.

Just now, Pizy said:

Holy shit at stripping Sterling of his number just like that lol

To do that when he isn’t even close to securing a move away is kinda crazy, isn’t it? What happens if no deal can be agreed for him this window? He just chills at home until January?

He wanted clarity..

3 minutes ago, bluesman2610 said:

He should go in a deal to Crystal Palace brings us Marc Guehi back. He gets to stay in London he’ll play week in and out. We’ll get a CB who will help us sure up the defensive and at a cut rate as we have the sell on clause too.

As with deals we've done this season,not a conventional swap,we'll give them the desired 75m. They give us 15m due to the Sell on clause.

We'll give them Sterling and one or two CB's in seperate deals if they desire.give some fee free loans etc..

On my knees for these Disasi briefs. Most people don’t believe in physiognomy, but I do think peoples faces clearly show their disposition - how close is their baseline to anxious, stress, relaxed, confident. It exudes. Disasi and Badi I didn’t want largely due to both exuding nerves. 

5 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Maresca confirms Chilwell and Sterling training away from others

it's actually very good to be ruthless, to know exactly what kind type of player that you want to keep

but genuinely curious, is it common to say things publicly, this player a,b,c are train apart from others?

aren't there are some better way to explain, it makes the club and also the manager like treat those player with no respect

i mean you can add things like, we already talk one by one, in a positive way, i know its hard but we want the best for them aswell, we're trying to find the best possible way, etc

those extra detail is important sometimes 

Edited by dimmas

The one clearest actual credit where it’s due to BlueCo, if Disasi goes out, is their willingness to get rid of players quite quickly once they truly are “seen”, as opposed to the extra few years of blind faith afforded to the more difficult to shift Sterling say and obviously Mudryk. For all the greatness we had with Roman, one key we fell short of toward the end was keeping past it players too long, and not replacing them with alike types all fresh. Pep has that mastered. 

3 minutes ago, dimmas said:

it's actually very good to be ruthless, to know exactly what kind type of player that you want to keep

but genuinely curious, is it common to say things publicly, this player a,b,c are train apart from others?

aren't there some better approach/treat player, they way you explain, make the club and also manager treat them like no respect

i mean you can add things like, we already talk one by one, in very calm and positive manner, i know its hard but we want the best for them aswell, we trying to find the best possible way, etc

Yeah his way of handling this sort of weeds out the tough and ready, but may plant a seed of doubt in some of them, asking selves Jesus Christ will I go through this myself if I don’t perform for xyz duration. An extra inner dialogue, an extra wall between player x playing freely. Indeed you can handle this better but he’s leaning into the extreme of acting alpha, for I guess lack of it being true, inexperience in balancing that hand with warmth. The aura is very fake it til you fake it. Awareness of implications, of all this, would be visible to someone actually used to successfully leading a group, who could justify such a heavy hand, yet again if just in having, would be coupled with grace usually. 

Tis inexperience. In life. At his big age. 

Edited by IMissEden

23 minutes ago, IMissEden said:

The one clearest actual credit where it’s due to BlueCo, if Disasi goes out, is their willingness to get rid of players quite quickly once they truly are “seen”, as opposed to the extra few years of blind faith afforded to the more difficult to shift Sterling say and obviously Mudryk. For all the greatness we had with Roman, one key we fell short of toward the end was keeping past it players too long, and not replacing them with alike types all fresh. Pep has that mastered. 

Very true that.

38 minutes ago, dimmas said:

aren't there are some better way to explain, it makes the club and also the manager like treat those player with no respect

i mean you can add things like, we already talk one by one, in a positive way, i know its hard but we want the best for them aswell, we're trying to find the best possible way, etc

Well, Sterling, and his agent, were the ones who brought it to the public eye.

It's just a strategy; players can sit on contracts and there is little the club can do other than remove them from the squad. This strategy is also giving a message to other clubs that these players are fair game, and a deal may be facilitated.

On 20/08/2024 at 18:15, NikkiCFC said:

Also, why you guys don't think he'll be like Lukaku and accept huge pay cut just to play somewhere regularly? For all the shit Lukaku gets gotta give him credit for that including rejecting Saudi move. 

Wrote this yesterday and glad this is the case. Many thought Sterling is unmoveable due salary but just like Lukaku it seems he will go wherever and accept huge pay cut. Credit to him for that. Many would just collect +300k a week for next 3 years. 

1 hour ago, IMissEden said:

On my knees for these Disasi briefs. Most people don’t believe in physiognomy, but I do think peoples faces clearly show their disposition - how close is their baseline to anxious, stress, relaxed, confident. It exudes. Disasi and Badi I didn’t want largely due to both exuding nerves. 

Believe in it? I can't even pronounce it. 🙂