Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Villa were linked to him…. 

I mean with Poch when those things inevitably set the media and opposition fans to spin the narrative none of last season was his fault.

Edited by Tomo

Heh between Samu and Felix, I'd take the former for characteristics alone, but it seems Felix will happen otherwise Conor won't, which means he'd leave on a free. Felix is just too much of a "firefly" for me.

It's pretty incredible to think assets worth millions reach final year in their deals without any planing ahead. Feels like the amateur side of the game is still lurking there somewhat.

21 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Pochs reputation is literally going to explode this season due to 5/6 dead rubbers and one of the few decisions he got right (not signing Felix) ageing well in plain sight.

Hopefully one of our rivals fall for it.

Felix played well in his time here. What makes you so against him playing for us?

19 minutes ago, DDA said:

Felix played well in his time here. What makes you so against him playing for us?

Felix was a bit unlucky hitting the post a lot as far as I recall, I think his stint with us is basically the only period in his career where he underperformed vs his xG, usually he has outperformed it. When he got unlucky it seemed to get into his head and his form dropped off imo, but his quality was there to be seen in glimpses.

I still like the lad though, as a squad player. Chelsea at its best always had amazing depth where backups were players who could easily start at another top club.

I'll refrain from judging on whether it is a big net positive until the end of the window when we see what happens with the rest of the squad players who are not close to guaranteed starters. For example if we're offloading Sterling and Gallagher for Neto and Felix I am pretty happy. If we're offloading Madueke then I'm less happy tbh.

1 hour ago, Mhsc said:

for Napoli their season is immediately over if Osimhen stays and refuses to play for them.

Things like this happen when you already agree personal terms with other club who desperately want you and you want them. Why would Osimhen refuse to play for them when he basically has no other clubs going for him? 

13 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Things like this happen when you already agree personal terms with other club who desperately want you and you want them. Why would Osimhen refuse to play for them when he basically has no other clubs going for him? 

He had a huge fallout with the club after the way they treated him, with the club posting videos making fun of him publicly after he missed the penalty etc. Its just speculation but my strong feeling is that from that moment he only agreed to even continue to play for them under basis he will be sold in summer, and all preseason they've excluded him from games and said he will be off. I think if we put a sensible bid in for him and they refuse it then he will definitely consider that a betrayal and against the agreement they made.

The 1 big chance created are a joke right? Go look at his Chelsea highlights, the man literally drags 2 and 3 defenders and midfielders to him, the space he used to create for other players was an absolute joke, throw in he played for potters Chelsea the lowest scoring team in the last 3 years, having a front attack of

Jackson

Felix nkunku neto

Or 

Guiu

Felix    Palmer.  Nkunku/Neto

Is an absolute joke of a forward line up, and has creativity skill and flair in abundance.

Edited by YorkshireBlue

1e9045abb5399cc660d0864d27a301a2.png

Samu Omorodion transfer: Chelsea deal off as Conor Gallagher, Julian Alvarez moves to Atletico Madrid in doubt

Chelsea had agreed a £34.5m deal for Samu Omorodion but the deal has collapsed due to contractual issues; Conor Gallagher had been set to sign for Atletico Madrid for the same fee; Atletico have signed Manchester City's Julian Alvarez to replace Omorodion

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/13195840/samu-omorodion-transfer-Chelsea-deal-off-as-conor-gallagher-julian-alvarez-moves-to-atletico-madrid-in-doubt

skysports-conor-gallagher-samu-omorodion

Chelsea’s proposed deal for Atletico Madrid forward Samu Omorodion has collapsed, throwing Conor Gallagher's transfer into doubt.

Chelsea had agreed a £34.5m deal for the striker, enabling Gallagher to move in the opposite direction for £36m on a five-year contract. The midfielder completed his medical last week and was pictured by Atletico visiting the club's Wanda Metropolitano stadium.

However, Omorodion's move is now off following contractual issues, with Chelsea and Atletico working on a return to London for Joao Felix, who spent time on loan at Stamford Bridge in 2023, to try and save the deal.

Omorodion's departure would have meant Atletico needed a replacement and they had agreed an £82m deal for Manchester City striker Julian Alvarez.

City had expected the Alvarez transfer to go through - and an £82m deal was confirmed on Monday.

skysports-alvarez-man-city_6648676.jpg?2

Chelsea unveiled their 10th summer signing on Sunday in Wolves winger Pedro Neto, who has joined in a £52m deal.

The Blues have already added Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall, Filip Jorgensen, Omari Kellyman, Aaron Anselmino, Renato Veiga, Caleb Wiley, Marc Guiu and Tosin Adarabioyo during this transfer window.

A deal has also been done for Palmeiras teenager Estevao Willian, who will not arrive until next summer.

skysports-pedro-neto-chelsea_6654061.jpg

Omorodion scored eight goals in 35 LaLiga appearances last season while on loan at Deportivo Alaves.

Chelsea did not find a consensus with Gallagher over new contract terms to keep him at Stamford Bridge.

Two other top-six Premier League clubs asked Chelsea about Gallagher, who rejected a move to Aston Villa after a bid was accepted while there was also interest from Tottenham.

Meanwhile, Armando Broja is "ready to move" to Stuttgart, who are in early talks to sign the Chelsea striker, reports Sky Germany.

Sky Sports News reported this summer that Broja is on the shortlists at Everton and Southampton among others.

36 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Then there's his off the ball workrate which is next to non existent and that is a huge problem in a system like Maresca's, especially when we already have to find a way to somewhat compensate for Nkunku and Palmer off the ball (who look like Kante and Essien workrate wise compared to Felix).

I don't have any specific dislike for the guy, unless I've missed something he conducted himself perfectly fine while he was here and quite evidently grew to love the club but I don't think even the idea of him would mesh well with the current profiles we have, let alone the flattered to decieve version you get with him 9 times out of 10.

he's like the james rodriguez regen. except felix is not good for the nt.

3 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Works both ways though.

Lets be realistic, they know we are trying to offload Rom cause he’s on massive wages and doesn’t want to be here - hence why their lowballing us. 

They also know we need to start offloading players irrespective because of the squad size.

I get the club put a clause in for Rom but barring a Conte melt down/ultimatum - which I get he is who he is but 7 weeks into his job, he’s not even that stupid - theres not too much we can do.

I think we should be saying if they offer between £30-35m for Lukaku… even with no swap deal on the table, that we will look to accept it on the basis that they accept a £50-60m bid in a separate deal for Oshimen. Then do both deals at the same time but separately as we were doing with Gallagher and whats his face. And if they fuck about just pull the plug on the Lukaku deal and let him rot.

I know its a bit of fucking about but if we really want Oshimen and they really want Lukaku - be hard with them.

Still think offloading the likes of Kepa, Chalobah, Broja, Ugochuwku & various others on loan/permanents would also give us a better footing too to make this deal as the need and desperation to trim a bloated squad disappears. I mean if we really want VO and Napoli really want RL, then we have to try make that happen. 

Napoli paid over €60 million for Oshimen, they'll want to make a profit on him.

52 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I disagree.

He created one big chance his entire time here (for context Lewis Hall created more at Old Trafford alone) and in 15 of 20 games he registered 0.00 xA and < 0.5 xG. 

Then there's his off the ball workrate which is next to non existent and that is a huge problem in a system like Maresca's, especially when we already have to find a way to somewhat compensate for Nkunku and Palmer off the ball (who look like Kante and Essien workrate wise compared to Felix).

I don't have any specific dislike for the guy, unless I've missed something he conducted himself perfectly fine while he was here and quite evidently grew to love the club but I don't think even the idea of him would mesh well with the current profiles we have, let alone the flattered to decieve version you get with him 9 times out of 10.

1 chance created? You dont actually believe that tripe do you?

59 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

The 1 big chance created are a joke right? Go look at his Chelsea highlights, the man literally drags 2 and 3 defenders and midfielders to him, the space he used to create for other players was an absolute joke, throw in he played for potters Chelsea the lowest scoring team in the last 3 years, having a front attack of

Jackson

Felix nkunku neto

Or 

Guiu

Felix    Palmer.  Nkunku/Neto

Is an absolute joke of a forward line up, and has creativity skill and flair in abundance.

I don't fully agree with @Tomo on Felix, but the lack of work rate in Felix's game is hardly debatable. And I was expecting Cole to be given a freer role with Neto joining.

It's definitely an improvement from last season though. I was one of the most vocal about the quality of our wingers, both starters as well as options. I don't think Mudryk is even comparable to Felix in all honesty: one is an elite footballer (even if never fulfilling his original promise).

Edited by robsblubot

39 minutes ago, JFKvsNixon said:

Napoli paid over €60 million for Oshimen, they'll want to make a profit on him.

We all want things we can't have! Unlucky for them. Quite a mess they've got themselves into there.

€70m + €10m in add ons they paid and they are entirely at fault for the entire situation with no one to blame but themselves. Couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch!