Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

29 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Just out of interest what element of Sanchez's game do you think makes it better for the system?

You can't implement a possession game with keepers like Petrovic. No denying Sanchez has made mistakes but he's the keeper to keep around between the two if we hope to have a progressive keeper.

17 minutes ago, King Kante said:

I don't disagree. I just rather we sell Sanchez than Petro. For sure, maybe sell both but it should go in order that is all. 

I think Sanchez maybe being that bit more experienced, home grown and by looks of it more comfortable on the ball/willing to take the risk (I know scary given how de Zebri turfed him out the team so quickly) puts him above Petrovic irrespective.

16 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Was Palmer really that much of a surprise to people. I saw him a bit in the back end of City the season prior and thought he looked quality - ok not 30+ g&a straight away - but a good signing. 

I mean, we all knew who Cole Palmer was. But nobody expected him to move to Chelsea. Nobody reported it, not even Fabrizio.

That came out of nowhere. Like now with Neto

I agree with everyone who is being cautious. It’s definitely a wait and hope for the best sort of signing before getting too excited. 

His qualities if he can stay fit are exactly what you want from a PL wide player, though. The most important of which is his aggression and desire to get on the ball and just run at defenders. Much like Madueke but much quicker.

Cautiously optimistic. What we should have here that Wolves didn’t is quality depth options to rotate Neto. Perhaps we can protect him from injury risk by not putting massive minutes in his legs.

In recent years he's been one of the players that has tormented us the most.

Injury history is a concern but without it he would have been out of our range,pretty much all the big clubs in Prem been interested in him this window.

As for what side he would play on i'm thinking LW. With Enzo wanting to go heavy on cutbacks, players out wide using their inside foot isnt so desired. Plus as mentioned Neto is good with both feet.

35 minutes ago, Strike said:

You can't implement a possession game with keepers like Petrovic. No denying Sanchez has made mistakes but he's the keeper to keep around between the two if we hope to have a progressive keeper.

See I don't see Sanchez as a progressive GK. For sure, he attempts to be however he gives the ball away too much and doesn't have the passing capability to do it. Sure, Petro doesn't either but at least he knows his limitations. 

Edited by King Kante

20 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

I think Sanchez maybe being that bit more experienced, home grown and by looks of it more comfortable on the ball/willing to take the risk (I know scary given how de Zebri turfed him out the team so quickly) puts him above Petrovic irrespective.

I give the HG thing, however as I mention to @Strike. His 'progressive' aspect is just smoke and mirrors, he is awful on the ball but looks better than he is because he looks more confident. Personally, I trust Petro to actually find his man more often than Sanchez and also not provide as many hospital balls. 

23 minutes ago, Nero said:

I mean, we all knew who Cole Palmer was. But nobody expected him to move to Chelsea. Nobody reported it, not even Fabrizio.

That came out of nowhere. Like now with Neto

Fairs. I thought you were talking about the quality of the player rather than the links. 

I'm a big fan of Pedro Neto and brought his name up last season when Wolves beat us. Yes, the injury proneness is a concern evidently.

I don't think he's that direct; yes, he can beat players with pace, but he can also slow down tempo and linkup in tight spaces. He's got aggression too, so a perfect fit for the positional game Maresca is trying to implement. Pedro is super skillful and would really like to see him and Cole play together.

Pedro is quite a bit better than Madueke as a footballer, esp when operating in tight spaces. Noni is also not a great fit for Maresca's system IMO. Given that he can play LW, the less Mudryk the better.

I want to see Filip more before passing judgment, so CBs look like the main weakness left, especially given the lack of a good ball-playing CB.

I remember telling folks here that the team that ended last season wasn't going to be the same one starting this season. 😅 the team last season wasn't good enough.

Edited by robsblubot

1 hour ago, Fulham Broadway said:

We should keep Madueke. 

Just an opinion, like arseholes, we all have them

Toward the end of the season he showed a good attitude of him Vs the world type thing and I was excited to see this season what that 'matured' into.

4 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

So thats near enough 200m so far this window - we need to be thick skinned when fans laugh at us when we're 15th in the table at Christmas

If they haven't got thick skin already, they haven't been a Chelsea fan long 

7 minutes ago, DH1988 said:

Toward the end of the season he showed a good attitude of him Vs the world type thing and I was excited to see this season what that 'matured' into.

Creative, takes players on, gets to the byline, decent shot

8 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Creative, takes players on, gets to the byline, decent shot

Agree with the rest, but not the creative part. I think Noni's quite direct and does not have a whole lot of range to his game.

He operates better with more space esp in counter situations, which is going to be harder to find in the new system with higher lines.