Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

2 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Just have to hope they are looking at least two additions that add real quality

Surely one of the signings would be a solid goalkeeper like a Cech/Courtois back in the day.   

I just don't see how we are going to challenge for top 4 with that average defense and the likes of Sanchez/Petrovic in goal.   

2 hours ago, King Kante said:

That is a pretty shit list if anyone is looking for actual on pitch improvement. 

Tosin and KDH help with squad depth but I don't see either of them massively improving the first team XI.    Then you see the likes of Arsenal on track to get a proper Italian CB/LB.  United bidding for one of the better young CB's out there in Yoro.   

We were top 4 second half of the season. 

Then we have Nkunku, James, Fofana, Lavia, Chilly all coming back. 

Add in the guys that are depth signings. 

Add in a proper coach with tactics rather than running around. 

Add in we have the youngest team in the league who will improve year after year. 

We are in a good spot. 

1 minute ago, Thor said:

We were top 4 second half of the season. 

Then we have Nkunku, James, Fofana, Lavia, Chilly all coming back. 

Add in the guys that are depth signings. 

Add in a proper coach with tactics rather than running around. 

Add in we have the youngest team in the league who will improve year after year. 

We are in a good spot. 

Only Nkunku give or take isn't riddled with injuries unlike the rest.

James won't play 20 full games this season, Lavia well fuck me he's another story, Fofana is a ticking time bomb, he will probably go down in pre-season and Chilwell will be lucky to be here never mind come back from injury.

25 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Only Nkunku give or take isn't riddled with injuries unlike the rest.

James won't play 20 full games this season, Lavia well fuck me he's another story, Fofana is a ticking time bomb, he will probably go down in pre-season and Chilwell will be lucky to be here never mind come back from injury.

How is Nkunku not riddled with injuries when he can't get proper strings of games for 1.5 half season?

Think people are really underestimating the role Tosin and KDH will have. A lot of Chelsea fans seem to think they’ll be nothing but bench players. I think both are going to starters pretty much immediately. And I just have this feeling that both will be very good.

I’m also VERY confident that Lavia & Nkunku in particular returning fit will have big seasons. Not really expecting anything from Fofana until I see him on the pitch. Just hoping for the best.

I saw someone say either here on Twitter that the signings we’ve made like Tosin and KDH aren’t the type that will “take us to the next level” but they’ll  raise our floor. I agree with that.

We still need that killer finisher either in a forward or wide player and a top keeper to take us to the next level. Plenty of time left for the former but I think we’ll be waiting at least 6 months for the latter.

An elite GK and attacker - be it a left winger or centre forward - is absolutely required if we are going to really kick on. Irrespective of what the other signings do we won’t achieve anything without those positions being of a very good quality.

Even if Tosin and KDH are good players - again very skeptical that they are - they aren’t anywhere near enough.

Even if Maresca is better/does better than Poch tactically, any manager relying on guys like Sanchez/Petrovic, Mudryk, Fofana, Jackson, Disasi, even Andrey Santos and Lavia for various different reasons, it isn’t enough. Not enough real quality in there, particularly in attack and defence. 

A top GK and a top left winger or centre forward would give us a much better footing from the get go. 

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

He's the best of a bad bunch of cripples

yeah, that is better phrasing 😄

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Think people are really underestimating the role Tosin and KDH will have. A lot of Chelsea fans seem to think they’ll be nothing but bench players. I think both are going to starters pretty much immediately. And I just have this feeling that both will be very good.

Tosin wasn't even so great for Fulham, I really hope you will be right 😉

4 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Ah yes the ever reliable TuttoMercato that has a 3% success rate of what they report is actually true. 

After 15 years in a relationship and 5 of them married, I would take a 3% succession rate, if you know, you know 🤣

Zirkzee looks like an excellent footballer but a mediocre striker/finisher. I predict he’ll be very underwhelming just like Hojlund was for them last season after all the hype. Both of them are decent but not top class. Their strikers don’t scare me at all.

20 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Middle of the road signings and middle of the road quality. 

Just have to hope they are looking at least two additions that add real quality

Lot of quality players in the market too - Olise, Nico, Olmo, Simons, Calafiori. Our wage structure means we are not in the mix for any of them.