Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

2 minutes ago, whats happening said:

people would be more furious if we didnt sign nobody and tried washington and fofana as backups than brining in duran as a backup 🤣

No they wouldn't everyone knows already we're wasting money again and again. If there was a poll to get this fringe Duran or gut it out another season with Fofana and get a top player next season most would vote for this.

Edited by TheHulk

8 minutes ago, Thor said:

Duran looks far tidier than Fofana. Looks a proper finisher and someone who can play with their back to goal. 

Go back and read the comments around the Cole Palmer signing - Duran looks a proper player too. 

If we're really looking for a striker, we should just get Solanke back.  At least he's capable of getting 15+ goals in the PL.  

Unless Maresca has asked for another young striker....I just don't see how Duran helps us stay in the mix for European football next season. 

Just now, whats happening said:

people would be more furious if we didnt sign nobody and tried washington and fofana as backups than brining in duran as a backup 🤣

I'm hoping we start Duran, I'm not saying he's better than Jackson, but he's instinctive and has one hell of a left peg, I personally think Jackson would make a great LWer 

3 minutes ago, whats happening said:

Which makes no sense as Fofana was loaned to a PL club to prove himself and he was one of the bright spots for that Burnley team. 

2 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

I'm hoping we start Duran, I'm not saying he's better than Jackson, but he's instinctive and has one hell of a left peg, I personally think Jackson would make a great LWer 

If we're starting both Duran and Jackson next season, we'll be mid-table once again!

Just now, Reddish-Blue said:

If we're starting both Duran and Jackson next season, we'll be mid-table once again!

Add Disasi maybe Summerville and Mudryk, yeah future looks great.

The policy of signing almost entirely kids for development and potential is fine if you also supplement that policy every once in a while with a ready made, expericend player here and there. And for positions like striker and keeper in particular we should NOT be going the super young and raw route. 

The scouts want to bring in really young midfielders or wingers that’s fine. But our biggest need heading into this window BY FAR is a proven striker who can hit the ground match week 1 and have us feeling confident that they can start scoring. And yet we’re going with a raw af Jhon Duran? 

Again, I’m not going to slaughter the signing completely until I watch him for a bit in a blue shirt. I’m more bewildered and confused than angry at this.

Just imagine Chelsea with championship manager or mid table players everywhere in the club or celebrating Europa spot under Don Roman never .  Now the standarts set by him are in the bin because these clowns wants to make money.

I do think the scouts should get a BIT more trust than we're giving them, after picking up Cole Palmer, Gusto, and Nicolas Jackson as little known and affordable options that turned out to be really quite promising players (to say the least). Most of our horror signings really predate the current setup.

They have obviously not excelled at CB or GK so far but otherwise most of the signings they have brought in with the intention they would actually be in the squad as serious options for the year are looking very promising and ended the season strongly.

If they (especially Joe Shields) have a hard on for Duran then I would get behind the lad and see what he can do when he's in. May well surprise a lot of people.

1 minute ago, Mhsc said:

I do think the scouts should get a BIT more trust than we're giving them, after picking up Cole Palmer, Gusto, and Nicolas Jackson as little known and affordable options that turned out to be really quite promising players (to say the least). Most of our horror signings really predate the current setup.

They have obviously not excelled at CB or GK so far but otherwise most of the signings they have brought in with the intention they would actually be in the squad as serious options for the year are looking very promising and ended the season strongly.

If they (especially Joe Shields) have a hard on for Duran then I would get behind the lad and see what he can do when he's in. May well surprise a lot of people.

I agree they seem to have a good eye for talent but the question here is about roster formation. 

1 hour ago, Thor said:

Exactly what I'm reading too. 

This guy is in the top 1% of non penalty goals per 90. His expected goals per 90 non penalty - is .38 and he slots in .95. 

I get that its a small sample to go off of, but even watching his highlights and some extended clips, he does a lot of things really well. He seems a bit one footed, but aside from that, off of the little I've seen of both him and Sesko he looked the more talented one. 

Agreed about the one-footedness. It's something I always think of as a weakness but for a striker, in the end, it's about what they can do with the tools they do have. Duran's lack of a right foot therefore isn't necessarily a fatal flaw.

1 hour ago, whats happening said:

I always boast that Guyanese people are basically bilingual. Speaking our regional version as well as the 'standard' version. What's more, most of us speak better standard English than many who are born here. There are obviously some exceptions I see. 🙂🙂

Edited by OhForAGreavsie