Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

City have always been easy to deal with as they won't stand in the way if a player makes it clear they want out. They have a very simplistic outlook and it's 'if you don't buy in you go' Alvarez is the main man for me, and I believe if we slap good money down we get him. The kid wants to play, he won't get it at City, he will be bit part like he always has been.

The sales we look to be pushing out and money saved on wages this is more than possible.

44 minutes ago, Pizy said:

It’s basically Alvarez or we gamble massively on a kid like Duran. And if Alvarez is impossible I’d rather buy no striker this window and hope that a fully fit Nkunku + Nico Jackson improving + potentially adding Olise is enough until we can identify a new striker next window.

As for Andrey Santos coming into the team, I think it would make sense only if Gallagher left tbh. From what I remember seeing of him from last preseason with us he is MUCH more suited to that deep lying #6 role than CG. He and Lavia as our #6’s with Enzo and Caicedo in front of them sounds fine to me.

I would’ve figured between our youth midfielders we’ve bought recently that Casadei would be the on earmarked to step into the first team under Maresca since he coached him already at Leicester.

Can't keep doing this every year. 2022 - Settled for Aubameyang. 2023 - Signed Jackson for cheap.

The time has come to go for a weapon striker. Sesko is off the list so turn to Osimhen, David, Toney, Isak, Watkins, Gyokeres. 

2 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Exactly. Don't know why people lose their shit over some random tweets.  

Anyone who's paid the slightest bit of attention to how Clearlake have handled Colwill since they've got here will know he's going absolutely nowhere short of him doing a Courtois.

20 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

The sales we look to be pushing out and money saved on wages this is more than possible.

The only significant sale would be Gallagher (significant as in more than 40 million). 

Broja and Chalobah will be low ball offers and even Dortmund is trying to pay less for Maatsen. 

27 minutes ago, Strike said:

Can't keep doing this every year. 2022 - Settled for Aubameyang. 2023 - Signed Jackson for cheap.

The time has come to go for a weapon striker. Sesko is off the list so turn to Osimhen, David, Toney, Isak, Watkins, Gyokeres. 

Toney I’m not really sold on anymore. I could see him coming in and flopping. Osimhen is too expensive surely. Watkins and Isak are at clubs with UCL ambitions so would be impossible. Villa and Newcastle are in big trouble if they sell those guys because they’d be nearly impossible to replace.

Gyokeres & Davis are interesting. Could be decent fallback options if Alvarez is off the table.

9 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Toney I’m not really sold on anymore. I could see him coming in and flopping. Osimhen is too expensive surely. Watkins and Isak are at clubs with UCL ambitions so would be impossible. Villa and Newcastle are in big trouble if they sell those guys because they’d be nearly impossible to replace.

Gyokeres & Davis are interesting. Could be decent fallback options if Alvarez is off the table.

I agree. We shouldn't be going near the Brentford Bettor. 

For me, my list of CF's would be as follows: 

Anyone, money no object: 

Häland 

Cheap/experienced PL proven option: 

Wilson 

Be great to get if we can agree a reasonable fee: 

Alverez 

Would reasonably overpay for: 

Isak

Pay the buyout fee/reasonable fee (if it exists) 

Sesko

Would avoid at all costs: 

Toney - don't trust his judgement and think he is better as a big fish in a small pond. 

Osimhen - reckon he will flop where he goes next. 

Gyokeres - needs to put another season together. Could be a one season wonder. 

2 hours ago, Mhsc said:

Bit lacking in ambition this. Must not think he could nail down a spot at any of the PL clubs after him. 

I would say it's opposite, he is 21 years old, if he is good enough he can go to PL next season

1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

If it's the #9 profile that the directors are wanting, why not Artem Dovbyk?

I saw a couple of lazy rumours linking us with Dovbyk. We could definitely do worse, he is a smart player, good finisher, strong physique but I don’t see how he fits Marescas playing style with his heavy first touch and other technical deficiencies. That being said,

13 minutes ago, Strike said:

Duran is pants and everybody can see Solanke is a one season wonder. He is an ok PL average striker, our club scouts should know him inside out. I doubt he will ever score as many goals again. I really hope we don’t jump the gun again and half-ass an other striker signing by going for meh quality that will probably still be vastly overpriced. 
IMO Jackson, albeit a dreadful finisher , has shown enough in his first PL season to  demonstrate an upward trajectory and will start a significant amount of matches next season. Granted with us likely playing the highest number of matches by a PL club in history until the end of the CWC, we do need another striker. Hence the best solution would be to buy an experienced back up on the cheap in the demba ba/ Oli Giroud mould. Ideally someone proficient in the air and with his back to goal to help us break the plethora of parked buses we will face under Maresca. Plenty of those strikers available but our board is as obsessed with youth as our new manager with his outdated sideways passing snoozeplay, so I doubt common sense will prevail.