Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

4 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Precisely. We are doing the exact opposite of what bvb do. They buy little known players cheap or promote from their youth and sell them after they increased their market value by integrating them in a functioning unit with experienced mentors and a clear football identity that allows them to shine

on the other hand, we buy flavour of the month hype boys at the all-time peak of their career valuation and tank their market value by aimlessly cramming them in a dysfunctional pool of other such nine-day wonders within a club in disarray and no existing identity whatsoever 

They are also a stepping stone club and players know that going to Dortmund and doing relatively well should lead to a bigger transfer and bigger payday down the line.  Between Sancho, Haaland and Bellingham, they were all well known talents before going to Dortmund, not like they were found in a random Ligue 1 or Brazilian club. 

8 hours ago, Vegetable said:

Yeah, except the tiny detail most of those youngsters are grossly overpaid from the start, what complicates this plan a bit. Also, they fail to impress much, what complicates things even further. So who would those youngsters should be sold to to gain anything from the transaction (overinflated fee + salary invested + agents etc.)?

Another Clearlake's entity is the only idea that comes to my mind, as Arsenal ended the phase when they apparently lost their sanity and mainly it's us who are mugged on transfer market, not the other way around.

They're turning Chelsea into another post-2004 Wenger era Arsenal.

The only difference like you said, is that Chelsea is overpaying like crazy to acquire all this youth talent.

15 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Precisely. We are doing the exact opposite of what bvb do. They buy little known players cheap or promote from their youth and sell them after they increased their market value by integrating them in a functioning unit with experienced mentors and a clear football identity that allows them to shine

disagree for the most part

Borussia Dortmund inbound transfers year by year:

no little known buys (Nmecha was already a star at Wolfsburg, 9 total goals produced in only 1800 league minutes as a CMF/AMF/DMF, and he turned 23 right after Dortmund bought him, so hardly some teen youth)

26990cebdcc76c6354bbd5ca72bd495b.png

no little known actual 'money paid' buys other than the then-16yo (he turns 18yo in early May this season) Julien Duranville (who I had posted on before they bought him)

a243c3242705d9ebba7ecc8b57229e1f.png

no little known buys

dbd0818a48d4eacd8aee3d22ff1008c3.png

no little known buys

652443f13360a1b50f4d856aa9559af3.png

no little known buys (all knew who Håland was, he was insane at RB Salzburg already, in the first half of 2019/20, he scored 28 goals and had 7 assists for them, 35 total goals produced in only 22 games. 9 of them were in the CL against Pool, Genk, and Napoli)

595135d77c761b8d02ec80212ece31b8.png

no little known actual 'money paid' buys other than Leonardo Balerdi, who they sold at a loss to Marseille 2 and half years later (after loaning him there)

314af9a7d04df3383d3b490cfdd4397a.png

23 minutes ago, DDA said:

Brighton have completed the signing of Valentin Barco.

Looks a really technical LB. Will probably end up buying him for 100m in a few years.

Normal, our owners are Brightonsexuals.

I don't understand our board fascination with Brighton players. If you want their players so badly get the guys who identify them before they go there. If we wanted Barco which I know I saw some stuff a few weeks back about it we should have purchased him. However their are LB who could do a hell of a job and are a lot more durable than who we have there now.  Ito from Stuttgart being one or even Melvin Bard from Nice.

49 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

I don’t think it’s allowed to own two teams in the same league. 

Just as well. I wouldn't out it past our owners if we could.

On 19/01/2024 at 22:00, lucio said:

Who cares about losing him ? 3 goals in over 70 games and terrible technique. Take the cash and move forward with more talented players 

Gallagher is the only player in Europe's big five leagues this season with 20 or more shots, chances created, dribbles completed, touches in the opposition box, duels won, tackles and interceptions.

19 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Gallagher is the only player in Europe's big five leagues this season with 20 or more shots, chances created, dribbles completed, touches in the opposition box, duels won, tackles and interceptions.

All that and no end production. 

Conor has been a lot better than last season, and I think he has caught a lot of us off guard. Saying that though, my mates who are fans of other teams have not been impressed by him. I remember a game where a lot of people here thought he was our best player, the Newcastle game we won I believe - and my mate a Newcastle fan came away saying Conor was horrid. 

The more I sit down and watch, you realise how he doesn't have the necessary skills to be playing where he is. He is an energy machine who drifts out of position, gets in areas he isn't helpful and gets a lot of touches that look good on paper. He really should be playing as a backup to Caicedo. 

23 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Taking bad touches in the opposition box , intercepting the ball just to lose it instantly and shooting without scoring 

https://thedailybriefing.io/i/140798372/paris-saint-germain

Corinthians president Augusto Melo has confirmed that Gabriel Moscardo can be considered a new PSG player. “The deal is done. Moscardo has been sold to Paris Saint-Germain. The story is over.”

Florian Wirtz - €130-150m

https://thedailybriefing.io/i/140800040/bayer-leverkusen

I think Leverkusen are very clear when it comes to Florian Wirtz. He wants to stay until 2025 if there’s Champions League football and Alonso is staying. But, there is an agreement in the club that he could leave for a fee of €130m minimum (there is some talk of €150m minimum). At the end, at both prices, there are not so many clubs that can pay that. There’s only one which is indeed interested, watching him very closely and can pay this amount - and that’s Manchester City. I think Bayern Munich will be out of the race with this asking price. If Manchester City make the move, they have a big chance to get the player. Pep Guardiola seems to be a big fan of him! He can play many positions (he’s not a like-for-like for Kevin De Bruyne but he can play this position). He could be a potential successor for De Bruyne perhaps, playing the position in his own way, which fits perfectly with Guardiola.

Edited by Vesper

3 hours ago, Thor said:

All that and no end production. 

Conor has been a lot better than last season, and I think he has caught a lot of us off guard. Saying that though, my mates who are fans of other teams have not been impressed by him. I remember a game where a lot of people here thought he was our best player, the Newcastle game we won I believe - and my mate a Newcastle fan came away saying Conor was horrid. 

The more I sit down and watch, you realise how he doesn't have the necessary skills to be playing where he is. He is an energy machine who drifts out of position, gets in areas he isn't helpful and gets a lot of touches that look good on paper. He really should be playing as a backup to Caicedo. 

He’s playing too far forward he’d probably be more impactful in the box to box 8 role where he can shoot from distance and arrive late to the box. He’s not a 10 at all.