Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

2 hours ago, lucio said:

He will ball and make poch look like an even bigger ass 

Not really if he’s not in the plans it’s better he balls out means we get a bigger fee when we sell him.

also here me out 👀

IMG_0374.jpeg.328797b6cdae6883bd9f39f0413f8809.jpeg

19 hours ago, Mário César said:

I think this makes sense. VO is a good CF but he won't fit here. The reason I say this is because he is a bit of a throw back forward in that he is at his best when he is constantly being crossed balls to the back post. His hold up play is also OK, if not quite elite. However, he is poor with the ball at his feet outside of striking the ball towards goal with his favoured foot. He isn't the type of player that you can play one twos with or take on CB's with dribbling skills. For sure, if we decided to go long ball football and teams start stepping up against us he would fit. However, I don't see that happening anytime soon - although I appriciate if goes to a West Ham or someone similar he will likely put up good stats. 

Our problem at CF is that we need a Pipo/Crespo/Villa type of forward that can link play and has really good off the ball movement to find the space in the box (as well as can finish.) To me, my if I could pick anyone (outside of Häland) it would be Alvarez however City won't be selling him anytime soon. Maybe there is some forward in South America who fits the bill, but we literally need a forward like that or a unicorn like Häland. 

Spending serious dosh on VO imo leads to banter memes three months in because he doesn't fit the system. 

19 hours ago, Vytis33 said:

Hope he does well and we can sell for a nice return.   Just doesn’t fit here right now 

Which or the foreign lone players are coming back? My money is on Ziyech. 

2 hours ago, King Kante said:

Our problem at CF is that we need a Pipo/Crespo/Villa type of forward that can link play and has really good off the ball movement to find the space in the box (as well as can finish.) To me, my if I could pick anyone (outside of Häland) it would be Alvarez however City won't be selling him anytime soon. Maybe there is some forward in South America who fits the bill, but we literally need a forward like that or a unicorn like Häland. 

I think Lois Openda would be ideal for what we are looking for in that Alvarez mold

Chelsea report: £80-100m Lautaro Martinez bid to be ACCEPTED, as Blues seek clinical world-class striker

Chelsea can sign the superstar striker that they crave this month, with a monster bid of £86m deemed enough to take Lautaro Martinez to England

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/Chelsea-transfer-news-report-pound80-100m-lautaro-martinez-bid-to-be-accepted-as-blues-seek-clinical-world-class-striker-lautaro-martinez-inter-milan-signings-rumours-gossip-paper-talk-cfc

image.png.c2aed09b4b2f724fa9c3849d80885cc9.png

Chelsea have been told they can end their long-awaited search for a clinical No.9 by signing Lautaro Martinez this month.

The Blues splashed out £100 million on Martinez's partner from Inter Milan's last Scudetto win in 2021, Romelu Lukaku, when Thomas Tuchel thought he had the missing jigsaw piece for his puzzle that summer. The Belgian is now on loan at Roma, however, having gone back to the San Siro on loan in between.

Now, Inter have indicated that Martinez is for sale for the right price, too, with Chelsea still struggling for goals a whole two-and-a-half years later, having signed the likes of Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Nicolas Jackson in the interim. 

Transfer insider Dean Jones has written for SportsLens that World Cup-winning forward Martinez is a target for the west Londoners – and that a Premier League move would appeal to him.

Over the 26-year-old has previously been linked with a host of English sides, primarily Arsenal and Tottenham, with the Nerazzurri reticent to consider offers. Jones claims that a bid of between £80 and £100 million would be enough to turn heads, however, though he admits that even that may not be enough to prevent Martinez from signing a new deal in Lombardy. 

"Insiders have told SportsLens that while the terms of a new contract with Inter are not complete, it is likely he commits his future to the Italian giants," he says, "But a January bid would throw such a moment into fresh uncertainty. Inter are suffering tricky financial times and have a tendency to cash in on high profile players to improve their situation."

The likelihood of Martinez leaving Inter isn't currently high but that could all change in the coming weeks. Chelsea have been known to act quickly on transfers and though there isn't an obvious desire for the Argentine right now, plans could be made depending on Victor Osimhen's chances of going to Stamford Bridge.

Martinez is valued at €110m by Transfermarkt

9407bc900844bae64abe7a49da382a63.png

On 08/01/2024 at 21:30, Thor said:

His goal scoring record outside of that one season is very mid level... And he has done it in very average leagues. Jackson is a better player than him. He is. 

VO ain't carrying the ball up the field and opening up the game like NJ is. Sure NJ has missed some sitters, but they are more highlighted because of how poor we've been as a club - and those big chances created are very misleading. Sure - some strikers would have put more in the net, but its more so down to return to the mean stuff rather than Jackson as a player. He isn't always going to miss tap ins and that. 

I'm all for getting another striker, but VO isn't the sure fire thing like Kane and Haaland. Don't need to try and force it IMO.

We need a goalscorer, not a ball carrier. The moment you uttered the words, "Jackson is a better player than him," I knew the convo would only end one way. 

No one is forcing it. He's the best option by a country mile, IMO.

14 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

He needs to stop this obsession of round pegs in square holes.

Make players play in positions they are meant to play in.

Not saying that Cole Palmer cant do a decent job as false 9, and 1-2 players out of position to cover up for squad deficiency is okay, but anything more than that for several games is a bit much.

I can't say this enough. Imagine if a more competent player was at LB tonight and Palmer was fielded in his usual position. Poch's persistence in doing the above is a key reason why I want him out at this point.

Edited by LAM09

Chelsea scouting 25-year-old Greek centre forward who’s outscoring Mohamed Salah this season, he wants January exit

Chelsea have reportedly set their sights on AZ Alkmaar’s Vangelis Pavlidis.

His name may be unfamiliar to English audiences, but he’s a talented forward that is even outscoring Liverpool superstar Mohamed Salah this season.

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/transfer-news/Chelsea-scouting-25-year-old-forward-whos-outscoring-mohamed-salah-this-season-he-wants-january-exit/

maxresdefault.jpg

13c2be05fa593028f7b3e3fa8121d08b.png

Edited by Vesper

53 minutes ago, Vesper said:

fucking Maatsen turning down Burnley (a £31.5m loan with obligation-to-buy deal) meant we sold:

image.png.b977343b809deae9fa9ebdf0dbfe41b2.png 

But we didn’t sell him and going from most reports a month ago he will be returning in the summer as the buyout clause only becomes an obligation based on his playing time? Where he hasn’t played anywhere near enough? 

And even then, everyone was so dazzled by Maatsen after one year at Burnley (in the championship FFS) and now think Hall returning may be the answer. 

Don’t get me wrong he’s talented but he isn’t anywhere near better than Ben or Marc and who is to say he will be? He is another young lad who we have probably all severely overrated as we always do with young kids. Even Santos and Casadei they were some sort of amazing players after a loan spell in Brazil and Reading…. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

8 hours ago, Vesper said:

fucking Maatsen turning down Burnley (a £31.5m loan with obligation-to-buy deal) meant we sold:

image.png.b977343b809deae9fa9ebdf0dbfe41b2.png 

There was no need to sell Hall when they clearly rated him above Maatsen and Cucurella had question marks all over him. This is a problem of the board’s own making