Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, robsblubot said:

Now now you seem to not be a believer of our brilliant and novel strategy of turning an elite club into a feeder club. 😉

While I think these swaps are pretty common actually, depending on opposition and circumstances, it would be nice to get an LB assuming that Cuccu is really a bust. In theory he was supposed to be the perfect alternative for Chilwell: far more defensive and energetic, providing exactly what Colwill does in the LB position.
That's the reason I don't blame the manager: he wants a defensive (his prerogative to balance the team) LB, so who does he pick? It's really between Cuccu and Colwill atm.

Cuccu being yet another player who looked much better at a smaller club.

I honestly think we need to move on from Cucu Chillwell and Maasten - we need a quality LB that can stay healthy and more importantly than that we need a whole new medical department because these reoccurring injuries for all these players is madness.

22 minutes ago, bluesman2610 said:

I honestly think we need to move on from Cucu Chillwell and Maasten - we need a quality LB that can stay healthy and more importantly than that we need a whole new medical department because these reoccurring injuries for all these players is madness.

yeah it looks that way, unfortunately. Easier said than done tho (contracts 😕 )

Maatsen does not even look like a LB to me: looks like a winger and I wouldn't be surprised one bit if he moves up. He's just not good enough defensively and not sure that's going to change anytime soon.

4 hours ago, Strike said:

Connor still up for sale 

Selling Connor (one of our key players) to Spurs of all teams, who currently look lightyears ahead of us, would be a sign that the owners are not interested in winning anything for me. Or fully behind Poch. 

3 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Selling Connor (one of our key players) to Spurs of all teams, who currently look lightyears ahead of us, would be a sign that the owners are not interested in winning anything for me. Or fully behind Poch. 

Nothing would surprise me with this lot

6 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Nothing would surprise me with this lot

I mean either way Poch will not be happy if he is sold to anyone, never mind Spurs who are well above us.

Only other examples I can think of is Mata maybe? But even then it is not like that entirely, as he rarely played with Jose and it was clear he didn’t rate him where as Connor has been a regular and captained the team over 10 times this season. So not even that similar.

Would be a crazy move by the directors and ownership, just gives more indication and puts a potential wedge between the footballing dept & Poch too. Not to mention the story already running about Poch wanting increased influence in the transfers & wanting more experienced players. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

11 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

I mean either way Poch will not be happy if he is sold to anyone, never mind Spurs who are well above us.

Only other examples I can think of is Mata maybe? But even then it is not like that entirely, as he rarely played with Jose and it was clear he didn’t rate him where as Connor has been a regular and captained the team over 10 times this season. So not even that similar.

Would be a crazy move by the directors and ownership, just gives more indication and puts a potential wedge between the footballing dept & Poch too. Not to mention the story already running about Poch wanting increased influence in the transfers & wanting more experienced players. 

Nahh that's why wouldn't surprise me if does happen as they'll be thinking ooo ££££ potential sale rather then long term and all.

Exactly and puts also more doubt into the fans minds which they already have. I hope the story is true because its what we need! Wherever or not it'll go anywhere who knows...

4 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Isn’t Boniface from our youth squad a talented LB? Worth giving him a shot. 

Also if we sell Gallagher just who in the fuck is going to play in midfield when Caicedo, Enzo, Lavia, and Lesly are all sick notes now?

None of the Clearlake signings have been anywhere as injury free and consistent as Gallagher and yet their January plan is selling him off. 

39 minutes ago, Strike said:

None of the Clearlake signings have been anywhere as injury free and consistent as Gallagher and yet their January plan is selling him off. 

TBF, nobody with the team has commented on selling Conor. The only thing that has been put out from Chelsea is they are working to sign him to a contract. Almost all of this is conjecture.

39 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

TBF, nobody with the team has commented on selling Conor. The only thing that has been put out from Chelsea is they are working to sign him to a contract. Almost all of this is conjecture.

The Gallagher rumours have been around for weeks and nobody from the team has commented to shut down the rumours either. All the journos indicating he's up for sale + the contract running down makes me think this is more than conjecture

42 minutes ago, Strike said:

The Gallagher rumours have been around for weeks and nobody from the team has commented to shut down the rumours either. All the journos indicating he's up for sale + the contract running down makes me think this is more than conjecture

Yes, there was an article a while back about Gallagher being reluctant to sign a new contract because of the length of the terns.

Not everyone wants to sign a long term deal and lock their salary 

8 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Yes, there was an article a while back about Gallagher being reluctant to sign a new contract because of the length of the terns.

Not everyone wants to sign a long term deal and lock their salary 

Fair enough on Connor's part after the club tried to sell him to Everton 

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Fair enough on Connor's part after the club tried to sell him to Everton 

Honestly I don’t get why anybody in modern day football would want to sign a 7 or 8 year contract. Including all the guys we signed on them. Just severely limits them to what they can do and also the club if the players struggle. Other than the amortisation benefitting the club, it seems especially baffling from a sporting point of view. For both club and player.

Yes you can believe in a project or love a club that much or whatever other reasons but see a 7 or 8 year deal, players are giving away control of nearly half of their careers and potential earnings in one go. 

Even if they don’t honour the full duration, as most players don’t tend to on average these days, if your good but fancy moving somewhere else, you’re likely not going to get a move for at least 4 or 5 years as the club will want to protect their investment. Unless a team matches what will no doubt be crazy valuations based on how many years they have left. Particularly if you have 4 or 5 years left of a 7 or 8 year deal.

And you’re more than likely not getting a new and improved deal for at least 4 or 5 years either unless you do a freak of nature season after season for 2-3 years where it is near impossible to not warrant one be it increased pay/bonuses or whatever.

Sure reasonably content players may see it as a good way to tie their futures up over a huge chunk of their careers, but the money in football now, most players (and their agents) are probably making much more money from moving clubs than they ever have from signing new contracts too. Particularly the sign on fees for free transfers also thats a massive money maker for them.

It would actually be interesting to see what players make when signing a new deal at a current clubs in terms of bonuses etc compared to what they do when they move to another club. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

This 8 year contract horror nonsense is abit baffling to me.

If a player is 3 or 4 years into his contract with us and its not working out... the club will just sell for a reasonable price. The club won't want an unhappy player on the books costing money in salary. 

It's not a big deal. 

Chelsea's owners have a very concrete interest in buying a minority stake in Sporting Lisbon and are ready to take the lead for the club.

Todd Boehly sees Portugal as "the perfect place" to invest in another football club.

(@Record_Portugal)

Chelsea looking into Argentinian clubs as part of multi-club model:

Banfield, Newell’s, Racing Club, Lanus, Estudiantes & Boca Juniors have all been discussed internally.

Chelsea’s aim if they were to acquire a club is to make them competitive & use the club as a scouting hub in Argentina.

Chelsea would like to buy South American talents & place them in Argentina before moving to Europe, as they’ve seen a high success in Argentines moving to the Premier League.