Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

58 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Has everyone forgot that Broja exists?

Broja had amazing speed (hopefully still will post injury) and workrate but he didn't really demonstrate anything else that caught the eye, did you see something different? He does not have some history of being an amazing goal scorer as far as I know at any level of football, nor as some kind of assist maker, certainly nothing any more special than Bamford or Solanke had for us.

It is very hard to know with young players of course, but over the next couple of years if it turns out that Broja is good enough to get regular playtime at Chelsea it would be quite extraordinary, it is far more likely he will end up at Southampton/Forest/Bournemouth etc and even then competing for a spot not as a guaranteed starter. The reason of course is quite simple: not that he is a bad player, but rather that the level you're supposed to be at to be here and stay here is supposed to be sky high.

I think with a fully fit squad the pecking order for the striker role is NJ > Nkunku > Cole Palmer > Broja > Burstow now probably?

Edited by Mhsc

Brennan Johnson is going to end up moving to Spuds for £50m. As on the fence and “wait and see” as I am with Palmer, thank fuck we didn’t spend big on Johnson. He’s a nice player who could do well for them but I’m glad we backed away.

1 hour ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Wouldn't say forgot, but he's never shown anything that makes me think he's good enough, I'm not convinced by Broja at all.

Fair enough. I personally think he showed enough during his time at Southampton to warrant a chance, but he's had no luck with injuries thus far.

57 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Haven’t forgotten, no. Just going to assume that it’s going to be quite a while before we see him back to his best after such a major injury.

The fact that Poch mentioned him recently would make me believe a return isn't too far off.

20 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

Broja had amazing speed (hopefully still will post injury) and workrate but he didn't really demonstrate anything else that caught the eye, did you see something different? He does not have some history of being an amazing goal scorer as far as I know at any level of football, nor as some kind of assist maker, certainly nothing any more special than Bamford or Solanke had for us.

It is very hard to know with young players of course, but over the next couple of years if it turns out that Broja is good enough to get regular playtime at Chelsea it would be quite extraordinary, it is far more likely he will end up at Southampton/Forest/Bournemouth etc and even then competing for a spot not as a guaranteed starter. The reason of course is quite simple: not that he is a bad player, but rather that the level you're supposed to be at to be here and stay here is supposed to be sky high.

I think with a fully fit squad the pecking order for the striker role is NJ > Nkunku > Cole Palmer > Broja > Burstow now probably?

As another user here mentioned previously, he's more of an old-school CF, which is a dying breed nowadays. He has that grit and a high work rate, which are two qualities that, to me at least, give him a fighting chance of making an opening for himself should his injury woes come to an end. Whether he's able to do enough if or when said opportunity arrives is another story. 

With regards to the last bit, I thought Palmer was told he'd either be playing AM or RWF?

Edited by LAM09

30 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

It will be interesting if Palmer will end up providing the most of actual output of all our recent transfers, seeming a rather random move.

Does have a bit of selfishness on him which is what we need in front of goal. 

His first touch and technical ability makes him an asset in midfield also at wing. 

15 minutes ago, lucio said:

both potential lb ballers will be gone , and we will be stuck with terrible cucarella and bang average chilwell

It's obviously the pure profit benefits being the reason why they are off... I guess it the sacrificial price to be paid for acquiring the likes of Caicedo and Enzo who we did need more to be fair.

6 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Bashir Humphries to Swansea on loan

That's an excellent move, he already looked way too good to me to be stuck here without a good chance at regular minutes. Hope he has a great season and we can look at him next preseason again. Looks like a high potential player to me.