Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

The one I’m not sure about as I mentioned last night is Ugo. Casadei and Santos are at least pretty different profiles of midfielders compared to Enzo, Caicedo, and Lavia. I can imagine Casadei for example being a Lampard type who plays further up. That’s probably his future. But Ugo is a pure DM and we’ll have 3 players (Caicedo, Lavia, and Santos) who all occupy that deeper position so I’m not sure where he’d fit. Puzzling signing for me. If he was purely an insurance signing in case we failed with Caicedo or Lavia then we could’ve waited until the deadline to get him since it’s not like anyone else was after him.

Gallagher for me HAS to be sold to the highest bidder this window. It’ll be sad and unfortunate on a personal level because he clearly loves the club and is desperate to fight for his place, but he isn’t a deep midfielder and we have others for the more advanced roles. Need to go not only for on the pitch reasons but also to help us out FFP wise.

Two of the biggest priorities before the window closes are to get as much money as possible for Gallagher and Chalobah. 

This is why the Lavia signing is so confusing, if he was say 28 years old and coming in to help out the midfield with some experience, that would make more sense. 

Poch about to roll out a team with 3 DM's next season as part of the Chelsea revolution, forget about CB's, time to collect all the DM's out there. 

27 minutes ago, Hamilton said:

Would rather see Cucurella go and Maatsen stay.they can both play other positions and if neither look upto the task in games we need to defend well against then we have options of other defenders that can slide over to LB. Ideally sell Cucerella but if not i wouldnt be against loaning him out rather than losing Maatsen or Hall,players who do have potentially long term careers with us which Cucu does not based on talent alone.

Also it's very ugly what Liverpool did. Clubs don't send offers without indications that player is willing to join. We clearly had green light from Lavia camp. And our offer was just 2m bigger than Liverpool one. On the other hand after our 80m bid rejected for Caicedo they offered 111m and 30% sell on clause. So glad we took both from them now. 

I feel we need to exploit the contract length hack as much as we can this window...below is what i would try to do if poasible and have this 25 man squad

Gk - New no1, Sanchez, Bettineli

Rb - Reece, Gusto

Lb - Colwill, Maatsen

Rcb - Silva, Disasi, Fofana

Lcb - Colwill, Badiashile

Midfield - Enzo, Caicedo, Lavia, Santos, Chukwumeka

Wing and Cam - Sterling, Madueke, New Rw, Mudryk, Nkunku, New cam

St - Jackson, Broja

Sell - 170mn can be recouped

Cucurella - 40mn (Newcastle)

Chalobah - 30mn (Westham have backed out of Maguire)

Gallagher - 40mn (Westham can replace paqueta with him)

Ziyech - 10mn (Have a feeling he will go to Ajax)

Cho - 10mn (Fulham)

Lukaku - 40mn (Juventus or Saudi)

Loan -

Washington Deivid - Strasbourg

Ugochukwu - Strasbourg

Cassedei - Leicester

Hall - PL loan after new contract

Broja - wouldnt mind him going to AC Milan on loan to come back a better player next year

Buy - 145mn more to be spent

Gk - Diogo Costa - 70mn

Rw - Olise - 35mn

Cam - Kudus - 40mn (Deal involving Ziyech)

Edited by shrenshah

2 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Think the only reason for that is to help balance the books for FFP...with no-one keen on Cucurella on a permanent transfer.  Clubs will be lining up for Maatsen at the 20 million mark. 

That's short term thinking.

If we sell Maatsen for around that price then yeah it's a one-off £20M on the books profit but at the same time we'd still keep Cucurella at £18M/y total costs counting wages and amortisation. For the next five years Cucurella would cost £90M and by selling Maatsen we'd get just £20M of that sum back.

On the other hand, say we managed to get rid off Cucurella for a massive loss (maybe £25M fee) then it would obviously amount to a big on the books deficit in the short term but having a much cheaper player in Maatsen would more than save that money back over time. Sign him on a 5 year deal on £80K/wk and his total cost for the next five years would be £20M so around £70M less than Cucurella's total cost. Even if we took a one-off hit on Cucurella's amortisation value the long term benefits would still make it more than profitable.

If there's any chance Cucurella could be sold for £20-30M we should sell immediately even if it means a short term loss. His salary could prove problematic for a permanent sale though.

1 minute ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Kepa Arrizabalaga reveals he wants to STAY at Real Madrid as he admits he hopes club 'keeps me'

The feeling is mutual

No chance. Once Madrid have watched him for a few months.. they will be begging us to take him back.

Just now, DDA said:

No chance. Once Madrid have watched him for a few months.. they will be begging us to take him back.

Good thing about him saying that is he's fucked it for coming back -he'll be sold, but the club will make a loss 

1 minute ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Good thing about him saying that is he's fucked it for coming back -he'll be sold, but the club will make a loss 

It's time to cut our losses. Sell the homegrown talent. All overrated anyway.

5 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Kepa Arrizabalaga reveals he wants to STAY at Real Madrid as he admits he hopes club 'keeps me'

The feeling is mutual

WTF Kepa. He swallowed being trashed by everyone for a long time, claimed he isn't going anywhere, worked hard, tried to get himself together, acted professional and… bailed out before one had time to blink and now became los blanco in his heart before even setting foot on the pitch.

Perhaps reasonable for him, but may indicate we are still not all rosy behind the scenes, as I doubt he feared Sanchez displacing him much…