Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

50 minutes ago, NFAS said:

I agree. Juan Mata wasnt defense minded at all to put it nicely and he was our POTY twice.

And when we looked at switching to a more pressing orientated style under Jose in his first season back the first thing he did was change Mata’s position from a 10 to a RW and reduce his playing time.

Cannot carry passengers in this day and age, just look at teams who press together as a unit. City being the prime example. They’re so good without the ball. So good. Yes they’ve evolved a bit with Pep - maybe they don’t play with as much openness in the middle of the pitch now with the inverted fullbacks and extra central defender but again, still work as a unit to press together and win the ball back. Then look at PSG under Poch when they got beat in the CL by City. They had 3 passengers never mind 1. Just takes one half hearted player pressing for decent teams to find a way out. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

12 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

The initial signs from his side, although may be misconstrued, don’t look promising at all. I mean if he really wants to play for Brighton ahead of us that is worrying - more so than anything else.

Is it really though? Brighton are in an excellent place at the moment and he'd definitely be a guaranteed starter there if he was their player on a permanent deal. Brighton are a great stepping stone club and I think it's quite likely he'd end up at City/Liverpool/United within a couple of years anyway if he performed well there. I can understand why he'd be happy to go there if given the chance. 

That said, I really don't get why Colwill wouldn't be excited about his chances with us too. Koulibaly is gone, Silva is 39 and Chalobah could potentially be on his way out as well so there's literally never been a better time for a young CB to come in than now. Even more so now that we have a new manager who's got a great record with young players.

So I hope Colwill keeping all his options open is a case of him just using all leverage he has to stake his claim for a key role at Chelsea. If I were in his shoes I probably wouldn't commit to a long term deal either before even kicking a ball for the club because what's the rush? I see no real benefit to the player himself to sign a new long term deal now as opposed to waiting to see how pre-season and the August PL matches go for him. If he feels he's not valued and/or getting the playing time he deserves he could still push for a move before the transfer deadline, but if he already committed to a new contract before pre-season then that option is basically taken off the table.

2 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Wonder what the ever vocal Carra has to say about this the fucking hypocrite 

He would say its great business from Liverpool - selling Hendo and Fab to fund Lavia and Thuram - he would love it

Fabinho looked dead on his feet last season. Liverpool fans were complaining about how shit he was nonstop. To get £40m for him is mad and I’m sure Liverpool fans who cried about us selling to Saudi will suddenly be cheering this and Henderson going there and helping their rebuild.

In other Saudi news, looks like Jordan Ayew is moving there, too. A player that was always super annoying to play against so I’d love this. Even when he wasn’t scoring against us he was just a pain in the ass with his holdup play and drawing fouls.

2 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Apparently we aren't happy with Inter's latest bid for Lukaku and two other clubs are in the race..make then cunts Inter and Lukaku sweat

the forward market is difficult at the moment

Chelsea is right to demand money

don't forget that lukaku still has 3 years left on his contract

30M is given for inter

24 minutes ago, Mário César said:

the forward market is difficult at the moment

Chelsea is right to demand money

don't forget that lukaku still has 3 years left on his contract

30M is given for inter

Looks like we are staying out of the forward and GK market this summer.

6 minutes ago, Mário César said:

Why you say that?

The only strong rumours have been about Caicedo and the either Cherki or Dybala, with the leak being that we think we need to add creativity.

I think Poch did say he wants to see in preseason if we need to add goals or if we have enough goal scorers in the squad, so a forward is still possible if he becomes convinced we need to go to the market. 

2 hours ago, Strike said:

There was a hue and cry from Liverpool fans when Chelsea were selling to Saudi clubs. It seems Liverpool is coolly shipping off their midfield to Saudi

Apparently Henderson could be on his way to Saudi as well. If he goes, they get +10M for him too.

Need to be careful not to let the fucking dippers slither their way into any deal for Caicedo now. They've stayed away so far because they've been priced out but if the Saudis are about to hand them an unexpected 50M+ for their over-the-hill midfield duo and free up a good chunk of salaries too they might think differently about Caicedo too.

2 minutes ago, Jype said:

Apparently Henderson could be on his way to Saudi as well. If he goes, they get +10M for him too.

Need to be careful not to let the fucking dippers slither their way into any deal for Caicedo now. They've stayed away so far because they've been priced out but if the Saudis are about to hand them an unexpected 50M+ for their over-the-hill midfield duo and free up a good chunk of salaries too they might think differently about Caicedo too.

If I were Brighton I would certainly spread these kind of news 😂